Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

Morkar Left

Yeah it makes fucking sense no ?

I'm a bit stunned that you can just walk into everybodies ship and nobody says a thing. Would be something for a further patch :D

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
To get experienced crew you can dock to any capital ship and try to recruit its crew on bridge.

I kind of bluescreened when i heard this lol.

Also i found inactive jumpgate.
I thin they will be doing what modders did before.
Expanding universe as you play.

They always used environmental suits (yeah I read the books...).

That is good then.
Can you also murder the crew while docked on their ship?

Morkar Left

To get experienced crew you can dock to any capital ship and try to recruit its crew on bridge.

I kind of bluescreened when i heard this lol.

Also i found inactive jumpgate.
I thin they will be doing what modders did before.
Expanding universe as you play.

They always used environmental suits (yeah I read the books...).

That is good then.
Can you also murder the crew while docked on their ship?

I don't think you can even shoot while on foot...

Perkel

Arcane
Game at almost 15k people playing via steam charts and it has increase over launch.
Biggest X-rebirth peak was 12k so it sold already better than Rebirth.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
WTF do you do with Secure Containers? I have one with a value of more than 40k but can't sell it anywhere...

ZeniBot

Cipher
This game shines when you're in the midst of a large dogfight, but then so did X3. Yeah you can tell this is going to be really good once you get a fighter wing under your belt.
Mission grinding is god awful in this game though, half of the missions don't tell you what to do and there's no indicators on where to go or what to shoot. Would've been better if it was like X3 and you were awarded regardless for taking out targets of opportunity. I also feel OP as fuck at this stage and I'm having difficulties finding any fun to have beyond dogfighting but there's no incentive beyond the occasional loot drop. This game feels like Offline EVE Online, its so strangely similar and it has the same progression issues I had with that game even, it definitely feels like the same mission grinding experience I got from it though the combats better here for the rare times it actually happens.

I might just take up some trading to build up my cash so I can afford a frigate as a mobile base, kinda sick of landing at stations there's nothing really there, it'd be nicer if I had a frigate so I'll have to save up. I would give anything for a More Missions mod right now. There are times where the missions listing is empty for me.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Saw Khaaks fighting Xenons fighting an Argon ship. Blew up the Xenon ship and collected spaceflies. Got sneak attacked by the Khaak.

Boom. Yup, this is the good old X series.

Jinn

Arcane
There are times where the missions listing is empty for me.

I don't really get this complaint because there are missions popping up all over for me, even when I'm not short-range scanning. When I am short-range scanning around any port, it takes me like half a minute to find a transmission that will lead me to another mission.

Last edited:

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Be sure to login with your Egosoft account from your game menu. Online features or something. My encyclopedia was basically empty and now I have a bunch of entries and a lot of them marked as new on a save where I played 10+ hours and checked everything frequently.

Jinn

Arcane
So does it work well with a Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS or do I need to use K&M?

It's got a default setup for that hotas. If it's anything like my Saitek X52 experience, it'll take awhile to get things set up to your liking. I would recommend going through the tutorial and stopping each time it asks you to do something, find the corresponding m+k command in settings, then set it to your ideal hotas command at that point.

But yeah, now that I've got it set up, this is the absolute best X game to play with hotas, hands down. So much fun, especially in combat.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Be sure to login with your Egosoft account from your game menu. Online features or something. My encyclopedia was basically empty and now I have a bunch of entries and a lot of them marked as new on a save where I played 10+ hours and checked everything frequently.

Login gives you skin, nothing more.

What do you mean unlock it via campaign?

Apparently this start is locked behind some achievement tied to one of key questlines.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Nice station markings
mark.jpg

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
How the hell do you make money in this shit?????

There are like zero missions, and the only way you made money in earlier games was to SETA past trading missions (and SETA seems to be a late-game seekrit weapon here).

Edija

Arcane
Patron

There are like zero missions, and the only way you made money in earlier games was to SETA past trading missions (and SETA seems to be a late-game seekrit weapon here).

Get on the highway thingy and cruise around, monitor your missions. They should pop up all the time while you pass stations.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron

Get on the highway thingy and cruise around, monitor your missions. They should pop up all the time while you pass stations.

Each station has max 1 mission.

And it's almost always "deliver 11 zillion units of x good". Not very helpful early on when you have a piss willy M4 with 150 cargo space.

Perkel

Arcane
Nope statios can have more but it is rare, but like someone said fly around. Highway seems to be best way. So hop onto highway and open map and look at it while you are moving via highway.

Raapys

Arcane
When you get reputation with factions up to a set point(+10 I think), you'll get membership invitations. This is apparently also true for guilds, which then opens up guild missions when near those stations.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Any idea how to make a pilot I hired on a station actually board the ship. I gave him the job, he has captain above his name but he is just standing around. If I give the ship orders it just says there is no pilot on board?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom