Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
rPGtzlQ.png

this reads like all sorts of op, with flails mastery...
1 handed, 60-180 head dmg with the special attack... twice!
i hope the description is just that, a description

Jabber

Educated
I hated them at the start and thought they were bad design but they've grown on me.

And it's true that the general lack of tactical positioning is a weak spot in the game which alps do address.

I don't love their running / kiting mechanics. There should be a way to make them difficult to get to without quite so much running around the map.

Jabber

Educated
I'm pretty sure three headed flail damage is total for all three heads, not the damage per head. If it isn't then say something...

Reinhardt

Arcane
I won but... You know how hard to find good ranged merc... No more shitting birds sniping, bro. And it was just 1500 geld contract...
2gvtrna.jpg

kirin

Learned
Has anyone successfully made a naked berserker yet? Or found good candidates?

jungl

Augur
The change to wages is a bad idea. Makes fighting undead a waste of time which always been a stat numbers game. Cost way too much money to field bros with good backgrounds with high attack score. You'll likely finish your play through now without any knights or sell swords.

Jabber

Educated
Lurkers Schrat are really, really dangerous

Somehow managed to flee with only three mid-tier casualties. Once of my best bro's got a broken leg AND dislocated shoulder so he could only move one hex a turn. Somehow made it out...

Yeah, the wage changes make the highest cost backgrounds kind of out of reach, except maybe you could have a small number of them. I don't know if that's overall good or bad but it clearly makes the mid to late game harder.

Naked bro's are easy to build. Just target anyone who can get at least 100hp with colossus (so basically any normal bro) and has decent melee defense. He winds up mostly being a normal bro with more fatigue and somewhat different damage resistances but otherwise play's pretty normally.

In other news: "Fear and loathing along the road". Nice.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane

Reinhardt

Arcane
Is this how primitive people hunted mammoths? Some fag used billhook to pull ork into the pit and last 3 turns we are throwing shit trying to kill him. And he's still confident.
2s161zn.jpg

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I fought three of them and lost one low lvl bro. The strategy I used was try to surround one at a time and not to make straight lines(always use the "blind spot" on the back lines or when not possible always back off after attacking), and every time a bro was hit hard and got low or half health I disengaged if possible(most of my bros have rotate and footwork). I didn't bother with their shields because I found them to be fairly easy to hit. They're tanky as fuck though. And their attacks do miss.

I don't know if there are fights against them with more than three, but I don't think it would be doable if that was the case, unless I had a very high level party with top tier equipment.
Maybe I just got really unlucky, but they hit every single attack if I remember correctly. And I get that a backliner with a billhook got hit but some of the melee ones had 40+ melee def and pretty good armor and one hit basically put them into "almost dead" territory. I won the fight, but it was way too much damage. Maybe separating them and keeping them busy with dogs might work? If you bring just longaxes and high-damage 1st line weapons it should be easier but still not worth it for ~150 gold per head and some crafting materials.

Also the tryout feature is making me more mad than when there was no tryout. Here's Hans the Hunter, 300 gold for checking his traits.
No traits. Thanks for the money, suckers :argh:

Last edited:

saeci

Arcane
Loving these alp encounters, all you need to do is get 12 dogs. Great design devs

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How...how much did you play over the weekend?? Admittedly my time is limited but I'm barely mid game and I only play V/V (Expert is not really fun for me, needs too much build perfection, I prefer to toy around with stuff)

Reinhardt

Arcane
How...how much did you play over the weekend?? Admittedly my time is limited but I'm barely mid game and I only play V/V (Expert is not really fun for me, needs too much build perfection, I prefer to toy around with stuff)
I'm sick now so there is nothing else to do.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Did the Devs state any reason why the Company commander (you) is absent from the game? I means its obvious you participate in battles. Why not add him as a bro? If he dies the highest ranking bro assumes command. I think it will increase role play sacrificing all those beggars, millers, ratcachers and whatnot to protect yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom