Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GoodOldDownloads shut down...

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Reading all the drama surrounding the matter is like... is this what happens when autists try to out-autist another group of autists? Doxxing game of chicken, I guess.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
Reading all the drama surrounding the matter is like... is this what happens when autists try to out-autist another group of autists? Doxxing game of chicken, I guess.
It honestly does sound like IGG are your typical bunch of Viet scammers. Complete with "me no speak engrish good white devir..." in their response, even.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
I guess it was not igg only ~~fault. There was not a single accusation made by mercs213/god that were proven.

Sure, god was clean and all, but, since people loved mercs site, they bought his accusations without thinking much, and started to blame the shit out off igg guys.

http://igg-games.com/investigation-into-goodolddownloads.html
Already read it. In one corner you have a pair of walking talking gook stereotypes with no opsec who put up a site that still tried hinky shit even through my ublock0 and clicking zero times anywhere on the page. In the other you have a dude that can type coherently, has some feel for anonymity, and attempted zero funny business as I browsed his site extensively (though no downloads were initiated; I already have all my shit archived).

I think you can do the math.

Skdursh

Savant
I guess it was not igg only ~~fault. There was not a single accusation made by mercs213/god that were proven.

Sure, god was clean and all, but, since people loved mercs site, they bought his accusations without thinking much, and started to blame the shit out off igg guys.

So, big corporations cant destroy the piracy scheme, but a soy vietenamese with baby face insta killed it? Rrrrrright.

And, btw, never saw a single tempered files in igg games.

I was at the beggining at god's "side", but now I started to become doubtful of the whole story.

It is an indisputable fact that IGG at one point had javascript-injection crypto-miner malware on their site. You really should do your research. Plus IGG almost always alters their game files to include their site information within the title screens of games and several games in the past have also been found to have been uploaded with malicious executables (more crypto-miners).

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
They don't have Solium Infernum though, which is one I always look for because reasons.
Just play the demo first (it's here) and if you like it then buy the game. Vic Davis deserves your money, I have spent dozens of hours on his Occult Chronicles. I never bought Solium Infernum because it seems like a game which gets really good in multiplayer while I play alone.

Last edited:

Skdursh

Savant

So, big corporations cant destroy the piracy scheme, but a soy vietenamese with baby face insta killed it? Rrrrrright.

And, btw, never saw a single tempered files in igg games.

I was at the beggining at god's "side", but now I started to become doubtful of the whole story.

It is an indisputable fact that IGG at one point had javascript-injection crypto-miner malware on their site. You really should do your research. Plus IGG almost always alters their game files to include their site information within the title screens of games and several games in the past have also been found to have been uploaded with malicious executables (more crypto-miners).

So, can you show us some proof, journo articles with solid evidence or anything that can support this claim?
Here you go, dipshit. https://forum.eset.com/topic/16727-jsadwareagentaa-application-detected-on-igg-gamescom/ https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/9f1rf2/igg_games_now_downloads_adware_into_your_computer/

kirin

Learned
This is extremely sad for everyone who counted on testing "Extended Demos" before buying. GOD not being malware-ridden and frequently updating builds was a lot better than the so-called Scene.

Skdursh

Savant
This is extremely sad for everyone who counted on testing "Extended Demos" before buying. GOD not being malware-ridden and frequently updating builds was a lot better than the so-called Scene.
Yup, and it means only one thing... my career with gaming is finally over: no more buying games nor playing them, because
1) I can't test them and as such I cannot risk wasting money
2) I won't play "scene" releases, because most of the times they are actually plagued with bugs.
Number 2 is really not true.

Skdursh

Savant
Really, after a certain time they will just stop updating at once instead of giving one final push and actually release the last and patched version. I can give you a variety of examples... Also, you are not supposed to know which version Gog actually released and you have to guess it, but given that I bought these games, I will provide a list.. just for being complete, some examples:

1) Inquisitor (game released in 2013) --> Current version on TPB: patch 1.10.16
Current version: 1.10.18
Note: It's an old game. As such, it is unacceptable to see old versions on the .net

2) Impossible creatures (game released in 2004). Not to be found in TPB, current version you can find within kickasstorrent is 2.0.0.3.exe, while the gog version reached 2.2.0.5

None of these two games is available on pc.games.net

3) Gothic 2. Try to find latest gog version on the net and let me know. Namely 2.7

The list can continue for days.
I have Gothic 2.7 and Inquisitor 1.10.18 and just found fresh download links for them with 5 seconds of searching. Your problem is you are searching for them in the wrong places. TPB and Kickass are complete shit.

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
People still download warez? lel.
Why wouldn't they? The industry has gotten *more* abusive and expensive, not less.

These days there's a perpetual sale on games, you can find a bunch of discounted games all the time.

People still download warez? lel.
Why wouldn't they? The industry has gotten *more* abusive and expensive, not less.
He thinks there are no poor.

Dude, if you think 'I have a decent PC but don't want to spend money on games because lol I can torrent them' is poor, then you have absolutely no idea of what poor is.

Yup, and it means only one thing... my career with gaming is finally over: no more buying games nor playing them, because
1) I can't test them and as such I cannot risk wasting money
2) I won't play "scene" releases, because most of the times they are actually plagued with bugs.
Number 2 is really not true.

holy fuck, i remembered how ubilol tried to avoid problems with how shit the first ass creep was by announcing "we gave to the pirates a different version of the game with a lot of cherry picked bugs, they're not present in the version you buy, i totally swear" XD as if they did this

retards. retards never change.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
imagine being someone who un-ironically says they're "not playing scene releases"

lmao

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
These days there's a perpetual sale on games, you can find a bunch of discounted games all the time.
All of them with unacceptable DRM, unless we're specifically talking GoG.

Dude, if you think 'I have a decent PC but don't want to spend money on games because lol I can torrent them' is poor, then you have absolutely no idea of what poor is.
How does not wanting to waste money on the latest fetid triple-A turd birthed from spewing anus of the publishing industry translate into not wanting to buy games period?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All of them with unacceptable DRM, unless we're specifically talking GoG.

Meh, that's highly subjective. For me 'unacceptable DRM' is something like TAGES, which has a limited number of activations. I can get behind not supporting that, but all of them?

How does not wanting to waste money on the latest fetid triple-A turd birthed from spewing anus of the publishing industry translate into not wanting to buy games period?

Because his excuse was that he was 'poor', that has nothing to do with taste. So to address your point, it's not ok to waste money on 'the latest fetid triple-A turd birthed from spewing anus of the publishing industry', but it's ok to spend hours playing that same 'latest fetid triple-A turd birthed from spewing anus of the publishing industry' if you get it for free?

lightbane

Arcane
They removed the report. Clever girl.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom