Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
aafa

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
5gsLx0o.png

Tidal wave spell is fun
msOFz2G.png
0Vi0O4J.png
ESufsxT.png
kKoknyx.png

Their captain was a rather unimpressive one, barely survived two pneumatic shots.
EnTD6SL.png
SyMVbh3.png
BOUNmcn.png

What was the last big rpg that allowed you to wield halberds?
W1aNUsN.png

vtCMIMv.png
MHruYO0.png
81JZKPp.png
2BqfWvI.png
ENtNjZ1.png
RFJYNym.png

Damage from the gas spell is too low now, but the confusion effect from it can still be useful from time to time, perhaps? I found it far simplier to just throw something damaging or get high on buffs instead.
Ag5TTxI.png

Chain disk is a fun weapon, but it's not really effective. Especially compared to the unbreakable messenger or the simple halberd.
jPUZKPE.png

Magma spell is a super effective one. I didn't get the exp for killing the mercenary captain this way though.
dAK1pJi.png
eQFoeFz.png
ntTg7or.png
2g6Rp6s.png
BSISaa9.png

Hooded people/demons/raals are the trash enemy now who die from two hits. Still can fuck you up with gas.
aVTLZqa.png

hvwPigD.png
4xrEAAM.png
u1cRT1l.png
Rs7rC0b.png

I definitely shouldn't have ventured into the faylands this early. Should have took the hint from the two guards standing outside.
I screwed myself up by selling my two spare halberds, so i had only two breakable weapons that could actually damage her. And the only spell that could dealt a noticable damage was the magma one.
Somehow managed to beat her, lost the halberd and ruined the greatsword. At least it was very rewarding.
owuOjz0.png

And good thing that i am allowed to run from the overpowered guards.

HansDampf

Arcane
10700647989925380096_08ev4.jpg

Overload Insane+
:positive:

For this mode I had bound Time Bombs and Devastators to the joystick hat. I wanted quick access to those two weapons for desperate situations (the default 7 and 8 keys are hard to reach). But I also still had one hat direction mapped to screenshots from a previous playthrough. No problem. Only sometimes, when I panicked, I would unintentionally hit multiple hat directions at once, which filled my screenshot folder with lots of panic shots that all say "DEVASTATOR SELECTED!!1"
10700647989925380096_pke4g.jpg

:shredder:
10700647989925380096_qniiz.jpg

10700647989925380096_vpio2.jpg

10700647989925380096_klci3.jpg

10700647989925380096_5ae2z.jpg

Big party on the other side of that hole.

10700647989925380096_qpeoa.jpg

I'm not sure what happened there, but it hurt.
There were some unexpected difficulty spikes, mostly due to the weaker armor pick-ups, and sometimes the sheer number of enemies. Like in Titan Forge, with the big cave complex. How do so many auto-ops even fit into those caves? And I don't want to see that dumb Lyranicus level ever again! On the other hand, I thought Tethys Lab was going to cause major butthurt. But that one turned out to be one of the easiest levels, and I beat it first try, always close to 200 armor. Also, Virgin Thunderbolt vs. Chad Lancer. It's almost too good.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
201812021031311.jpg

here we gooooooo

201812021031351.jpg

pfff just some 4 random assholes what could-

201812021034371.jpg

:neveraskedforthis:

201812021034391.jpg

well then

201812021045141.jpg

you have finished el quest!

take this xp as a reward!

games used to be much more straightforward back in the day

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
58qbpCl.png
l8reEwZ.png

To be perfectly honest, the greatsword zombies outside were way more threatening than this guy.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
BZIsLWP.png

And thus ended the story of the young warlock, the son of Andrus and the Hex lord, the young moon and the lightbringer, the child of the well and the soulbringer.
Suprised to learn that Chant actually survived the whole ordeal. I thought that he bited the dust in that scene.

I noticed that locations became somewhat simplier after acquiring the Hex. Like, the slave mines(practicaly the first dungeon) is the only one dungeon that features something resembling the puzzle and i swear that the temple of wisdom is the only one that featured traps. On the plus side, all the tedium that was also started steadily decreasing and the pacing started rapidly incresing instead.

I remember that Tito Anic said that the game was very melancholic and i must agree completely. The plot itself is nothing special, i am pretty sure that if i was told to come up with the generic chosen one story i would have come up with something very similar. But the way it's all presented, all those neat visual details like the occult scriblings on walls and stuff, the character designs, the fighting set-pieces like the march to Tortalaran, this constant darkness surrounding everything - it just all works.
The character animations are beautiful and watching your hero duking it out after tapping the chosen combo button is a joy to watch. Unfortunately, that also means that our young warlock is immitating the movement patterns of the motorboat, as i already mentioned once. The pathfinding also becomes shitty on the sloppy terrain, where our hero can easily stagger for a whole minute.
All in all, it was a worthwhile experience. The GOG version is pretty stable, no crashes on my win10 laptop.
nDhvW3b.png
Quhd0tO.png
rLThkfU.png
O03sK0X.png
B5C06pD.png
zcnHYiU.png
oo28lDS.png
AaHW8rr.png
dsThMlP.png

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
It's not a rule. But if you want to look cool it's better not to post the name.
Actually, posting the name is welcome as it limits the number of otherwise pointless "wat gaem?" posts.

agentorange said it best.

Thanks for using spoiler tags unlike the rest of these savages

I was always more bothered has to why most of people here never say the name of the game in pictures.
They like the little ego boost they get when people have to ask what the title of the game is.

argentorange explanation seems sound.

It's a shame, since this thread could be a good resource to check for potentially interesting games that one does not know. There are however exceptions, some people actually care to give some interensting details of their playthrough.

Machocruz

Arcane
ScreenShot8_zpsnqqpxgge.jpg

Prelude to a bloodbath
ScreenShot0_zpskhp0chqp.jpg

Rampage Operation NCR Freedom at Nelson
ScreenShot5_zps20z9bm1g.jpg

Pip-Boy having a change of heart?
ScreenShot6_zpsyvb5jheh.jpg

...Nah
ScreenShot1_zpsqg7d8y3k.jpg

Rin Tin Tin can get it too
ScreenShot3_zpswxa61hhn.jpg

Not sure whether this explosion is from the mods or in the original game
ScreenShot16_zpsflyba0mf.jpg

Ghouls were harmed in the making of this film...
ScreenShot18_zpshgcicxkg.jpg

ScreenShot19_zpszeltez8x.jpg

...All of them
ScreenShot28_zps0ryrxci4.jpg

ScreenShot41_zpsugrw3is0.jpg

ScreenShot53_zpsev6n4ypm.jpg

Greetings, Fiend. Have you come seeking the light?
enb%202018_12_01%2020_25_00_29_zpsawglwvsz.jpg

The real New Vegas starts here
ScreenShot58_zpsgi9qmor6.jpg

As all we are, kid
enb%202018_12_02%2023_51_48_67_zpswi7137kz.jpg

ScreenShot73_zpsjaoenp8a.jpg

ScreenShot83_zps7lmjm3gk.jpg

ScreenShot78_zpsvpmrxxzw.jpg

You can say the Courier had a bone to pick with Benny
ScreenShot86_zpsqa2e5mjp.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom