Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex's GOTY! The best RPG of 2018?

What is the best RPG of 2018?

• Shadows: Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Immortal: Unchained

• Graveyard Keeper

• Death's Gambit

• Imperatum

• Moonlighter

• Smoke and Sacrifice

• Magic Scroll Tactics

• Long Gone Days

• State of Decay 2

• Phantom Doctrine

• Ash of Gods: Redemption

• Call of Cthulhu

• Aeon of Sands - The Trail

• Total voters

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You guys are all D1Pers beta testers?

GOTY for me is Elex. I like to be fashionably late.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This is a list of all RPGs that came out in 2018, aren't on Early Access and aren't RPG Maker shit, Free to Play MMOs, or indies with like 2 reviews:

Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics
All Walls Must Fall
Anima: Gate of Memories - The Nameless Chronicles
Ash of Gods: Redemption
Avernum 3: Ruined World
Bard's Tale Trilogy Remaster
Bastard
BattleTech
CHRONO TRIGGER
Call of Cthulhu
CrossCode
Cultist Simulator
DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Das Geisterschiff
Death's Gambit
Dragon Cliff
Dragon Knight
Epic Battle Fantasy 5
Exiled Kingdoms
FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION
Fallout 76
Fighting Fantasy Classics
Fighting Fantasy Legends Portal
Graveyard Keeper
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption
Immortal: Unchained
Imperatum
InSomnia: The Ark
Infinite Adventures
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Labyrinth of Refrain Coven of Dusk
Lurking II : A Madness
Mary Skelter: Nightmares
Monster Hunter: World
Moonlighter
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
Niffelheim
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Phantom Doctrine
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Pit People
RESONANCE OF FATE/END OF ETERNITY 4K/HD EDITION
Secret of Mana
Shadows: Awakening
Shining Resonance Refrain
Siralim 3
Smoke and Sacrifice
State of Decay 2
Sword Legacy Omen
Tangledeep
The Banner Saga 3
The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
The Vagrant
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity
Tower of Time
Underworld Ascendant
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Vampyr
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

We actually had a lot of games, the problem is that most of them were a huge disappointment or just "meh".

BTW fantadomat, your poll is missing Monster Hunter: World, which probably got a lot more play time in the Codex than PoE2 or Kingdom Come.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Monster Hunter is not an MMO, and you cannot say that with a straight face after recommending Labyrinth of Refrain Coven of Dusk on the first post.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Monster Hunter is not an MMO, and you cannot say that with a straight face after recommending Labyrinth of Refrain Coven of Dusk on the first post.
I can! The one is a good blobber in jap pyjamas,the other one is typical brain dead monster killing jap game. I see my self as a grognard and wouldn't let that shit in my poll,the same way i didn't put farcry,tomb rider or asscreed. Why don't you just make a JRPG goty poll in the subforum?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
people in this thread getting mad at fantadomat for not including their chosen darling are failing to realize that this won't matter and that the actual "rpgcodex goty" will be decided by Infinitron (see last years voting chicanery which would make even hillary clinton blush)

and with that I'd like to extend an early congratulations to GrabageFire for winning RPGCodex Goty 2018

Deleted Member 16721

Nice to see how smart the posters here are, voting the return of CRPG Christ as GOTY so far (Kingmaker). Blessed are ye who travel the path of the Holy Order of Owlcat. Hoo..hoo...

DemonKing

Arcane
I haven't actually managed to finish any CRPGs this year (playing too much on my PS4 I guess as I had years of Sony exclusives to catch up on), although I've dabbled a bit in Deadfire, Pathfinder & BT4. All of which I've put on hold due to bugginess (Pathfinder/BT4) or waiting for all DLC to drop (Deadfire). Of the three I'd say Deadfire was the best in its current state so I'll go for that.

I would recommend trying out " Labyrinth of Refrain Coven of Dusk",it is a good blobber.

...and it doesn't matter how good a game it is as the anime art style is making my eyes bleed.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Grimwah, after the 2.0 is released next Friday.

:ibelieveincleve:
YaoLI4c.png

:ibelieveincleve:

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You should have waited for the release of ATOM RPG, it's coming this december and looks promising!

Voted for Kingdom Come.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You should have waited for the release of ATOM RPG, it's coming this december and looks promising!

Voted for Kingdom Come.
No way it will come this December,it was released on EA just a few days ago.

And yeah,it looks promising.

Jinn

Arcane

And yeah,it looks promising

ATOM RPG was released almost exactly 1 year ago on Early Access. They are planning on full release in December.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Hero-U is meh. Starts out solid, but begins feeling shallow and repetitive halfway through.

It would have benefitted from being half as long, with the same amount of content.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Nice to see how smart the posters here are, voting the return of CRPG Christ as GOTY so far (Kingmaker). Blessed are ye who travel the path of the Holy Order of Owlcat. Hoo..hoo...

I'm not even shilling that hard for Deadfire, and it's far more impressive and playable than Kingmaker :lol:

Deleted Member 16721

Hero-U is cool, not bad at all. It actually picks up once you can start exploring dungeons and other areas within the school. Starts a bit slow but worth it, I recommend it.

Oracsbox

Jesus wept I forgot Skyrim is still dragging its corpse around until this poll reminded me.
What's next year's release Skyrim "Etch a Sketch" edition.

Skdursh

Savant

Voted for Kingdom Come.

And yeah,it looks promising.
The hell are you talking about? ATOM RPG has been in early-access for a little more than a year now. It's slated to come out either this month, but I'm betting on early 2019.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom