Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
DE doesn't into balance, I fully expect most of the top weapons to become trash overnight with melee 3.0. You'll also notice that weapons that are considered the ultimate meta have riven stats so low as to be completely worthless I.E Simulor and Tigris.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Melee 3.0 is in general a massive sword of Damocles right now (no pun intended), since there appears to be this fundamental misunderstanding on DE's part on what melee NEEDS to be like in a game like Warframe. This isn't the sort of game where you have prolonged combos, this is a horde fighter where your purpose is to move fast and kill as many per swing as you can (this includes the basic misunderstanding they've made: Melee range should not match the physical reach of the weapon, there's a reason why almost nobody uses Fist and why it'd be really fucking easy to mostly rectify this). The current disabling of sprinting while swinging is an ominous sign.

And yea, like said, the whole riven lowdown is that it only benefits the edge cases and the late variant types, it won't matter for weapons that are already at the top of the pile, and since they are such a random factor their real effect is limited.

eklektyk

Erudite
for me it was big disaster when they showed melee30 focusing on overtly complicated animations and how you can aim where you land bullshit

it showed total disconect on fundamental level beetween devs and actual game - their inability to grasp why some weapons and playstyles were popular and that by simply shiting on them and nerfing to oblivion they can forge change

it totaly broke my interest in grinding wf further

plus they made so much effort to promote moas and sticking to their fetish of no universall vacuum for so long only showed further they obviously cant be bothered to play their own game and know shit

it really kills your will to play when devs get out of their way to prove to you theyre worse than total noobs in their own product that they supposedly understand in and out 101% ...

and board thingie is so confusing and you need to go to yt or wiki to understand why the fuck after you did awesome combos for few minutes you landed on 3 000 points [hidden cap for it is just meh] and then you hit P to see how rep is going and then see 750 ... nowhere is clearly said why thers cap on 3k and why yu get 1/4th of it as rep ... total bs

Vaarna_Aarne

You don't really need an awesome combo or even a minute for it (though yes the game doesn't do a particularly stellar job telling you the controls), all you need to go around the back of the shack Fortuna is under, look for the longer pipeline, and then jump to grind on it while charging additional jumps as you can to repeat space->right-click->space pattern in the air before resuming grinding. You'll soon enough hit x30+ modifier for the score after which the landing is elementary. After this you repeat, and soon enough get the gravity bonus mod for jumping with the board so you can do it a bit more easily.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Combos have always been a trainwreck as far as I'm concerned, part of that whole move fast kill hordes thing. Any stance that doesn't let you keep moving forward while attacking is trash in my book.

Also completely disappointed with Garuda, being the foul min/maxer I am I like to use level 60 to 155 corrupted heavy gunners as a litmus test for any offensive frame's potential and she flopped even at the level 60 ones, couldn't even put a dent in them with her ultimate or her charge shield at max strength. She has zero scalability so it's another case of just bringing a frame that can do her role better. The only thing she's got going for her are looks. I guess blood altar isn't bad in the fact that it seems to heal even faster than a powered up Broboron, but who wants to be chained to a single location when he can heal from across the map and give a healthy dosage of armor to boot.

Vaarna_Aarne

Combos have always been a trainwreck as far as I'm concerned, part of that whole move fast kill hordes thing. Any stance that doesn't let you keep moving forward while attacking is trash in my book.
The other problem is in inputs, only hold RMB and forward with the former overriding are ones that can work, because you need to swing REALLY FUCKING FAST in a horde fighter like Warframe.

The #1 change that melee 3.0 should make it override the combo system to 1) give everything functional forward momentum (another thing is that only few stances have valuable sort of forward momentum, meaning one where you are in control and killing 360, something like the lunge in Gaia's Tragedy is just worthless because it's too abrupt to be controllable and it hits basically nothing, Tempo Royale is basically the perfect stance to base other stances on because it's flashy, flowing, and most of all perfectly in synch with what a combo needs in Warframe), and 2) change inputs to use two attack buttons, having two combo loops to shift between is exactly what it'd need. The more abstract need would be to understand the thing Japanese devs with analoguous gameplay like Platinum or Koei understood a long time ago: In a game where melee is more than an afterthought, you need to design the gameplay around melee, and there's nothing wrong with letting the player be vastly overpowered compared to mooks.

Like, one thing they could add besides a supermove (which they also need to realize needs to be REALLY super, not just a paltry heavy strike when you need to be hitting entire rooms of enemies or obliterate boss health for a bar-based move to be worthwhile) is to say a toggle for melee where primary and secondary are integrated into combo loops while swinging, with the move based on weapon functionality (ie, rapid fire automatics, single shots, AoE cannons) and combo loop (easily just secondary/primary division matching with light/heavy two button inputs).

EDIT: Reach the top of Solaris main rep:

Last edited:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Ahh that was quite the moment, wasn't it? Now we get to deal with it for as long as we're in 4tuna. Broke down and spent some rep on fish baits and damn was that ever a good idea, unlike PoE bait where you get 2-4 fish depending on type in a hotspot, Orb Vallis fish seem to come out in hordes when you toss that stuff in. Also a good thing since there's no blueprint for them. So much of my hang ups with getting the new stuff was from fish parts and the baits solved the problem.

Vaarna_Aarne

Ahh that was quite the moment, wasn't it? Now we get to deal with it for as long as we're in 4tuna. Broke down and spent some rep on fish baits and damn was that ever a good idea, unlike PoE bait where you get 2-4 fish depending on type in a hotspot, Orb Vallis fish seem to come out in hordes when you toss that stuff in. Also a good thing since there's no blueprint for them. So much of my hang ups with getting the new stuff was from fish parts and the baits solved the problem.
Whenever I try to fish in Vallis, I get basically fuck-all. Need to still give it another go, need some fish to build the new companion guns.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Baits are (still) not even shared for groupmembers. Couldn't leech off Sloppy's investment, all I got was the standard minecraft fishies while he pulled in the fish prime versions. Hunting in groups is bugged too. Unless they sneakfixed it.

Way to promote grouping DE! :argh:

Don't know if it's the same for everyone, but one of the featured clan dojos ("Bath") has some really cool decorations.

-

D5750E0C81EAD04A805C615B2BCE85F9A0B9EB87

597D708F7AABDA32012F126512CB0B6C644B5963

EF6F54AE617A7C063300F33944A9AE9283E8DA69

AA21368F411BE42E3D1FCD8B5A101A1EE1DF9D9C

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Fuck no I'd rather figure out how to efficiently make multiple functional looking floors.

You know, even if I suppose it would be a nice thing to replicate the first one with the Orokin dragon statue (though I'd put something under that grass rather than have it grow out of the floor).

Vaarna_Aarne

Baro's selling Primed Point Blank, Pistol Gambit, and Morphic Transformer, and Prisma Dual Cleavers and Prisma Obex this weekend. Plus Axi A5 relics, assassin beacons, and Primed Fast Hands.

mag i can sort of understand, but limbo? it's already the most powerful frame, what do you want next? for it to bake cakes too?

Wild Slop

Arcane
Several dispersed about. Vaarna_Aarne is the undisputed high ruler of my clan and it's pretty much the best clan. Though Bliblablubb is in it too

* cvv have you been able to kick that terrible Warframe habit ? If so, good choice! If you are feeling weak I should let you know a second update to Fortuna is due for any day now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom