Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
How long is chapter 7?

Also chapter 6 is horrible!

Completely different what dungeons in another chapters. They had interesting traps, combat situations, exploration, points of interest, animated book events.

purpleblob

Savant
Chapter 7 isn't really long - I can't remember how much time I spent on it, but there's really not much to it content-wise. It's just continuous combat encounters. I was so disappointed by it.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Okay since Gregz clearly has an agenda, I'll ask again. Is it still buggy enough to cause internal bleeding or is it OK to give it a shot?

Let me reiterate: I'm asking about bugs, not how you feel about the systems, the implementation, the writing, or generally if it's shit or how shit it is. Thank you.

like all cleric domains are broken as in not working

stopped playing after that but you can certainly find 1000+ more bug threads
Not all of the domains are broken. I'm using Community and Animal.

Community has an AoE buff at level 8 right? Those are usually broken.

Domains like Plant that just give you spells seem to work.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Chapter 7 isn't really long - I can't remember how much time I spent on it, but there's really not much to it content-wise. It's just continuous combat encounters. I was so disappointed by it.

Yes Chapter 6 and (it seems) Chapter 7 is just combat/combat/combat with generic enemies.

Yosharian

Arcane
Okay since Gregz clearly has an agenda, I'll ask again. Is it still buggy enough to cause internal bleeding or is it OK to give it a shot?

Let me reiterate: I'm asking about bugs, not how you feel about the systems, the implementation, the writing, or generally if it's shit or how shit it is. Thank you.

Yes, but I think they specifically fixed the Community one, amusing since it's incredibly overpowered

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck

Yes, but I think they specifically fixed the Community one, amusing since it's incredibly overpowered

yeah, the only downside seems to be alignment (can't be evil IIRC)

Thonius

Arcane
Yep, game start to show holes and lack of polish after/during 6 chapter Pitax invasion. I liked Chapter 7 because it's optional and because all of the cameo's old enemy's old friends. But eh chapter 6 House on the Edge just needs to be modded out or something.

Israfael

Arcane
I think only King's bounty series managed to be somewhat polished (although it also had some technical issues like VRAM leakage), all other Russian games were always buggy as hell, with exponential increase in amount of bugs if game was more and more complex. In that respect, Brigade E5 comes to mind.

Israfael

Arcane
Since I finished Act 7 yesterday (or is it act 6, there's conflicting data on that), for some perverse reason, I actually enjoyed it somewhat (sans Wild Hunt Archers - those are really bad mofos with their force sneak attacks and 'hand' spell that one shots basically everyone who is not nok nok or valerie in one round) - more focus on combat, high challenge and opportunity to indiscriminately use high-level spells was stimulating for some reason. Also, the curse might have been expanded - it's really short at this moment to be of any consequence - I just blew through all locations (not sure if in supposed order - Oleg's - troll kingdom - shrine of lamashtu - vordakai - pithax - barbarians) with no rest. But at least it made me value the scrolls and use them judgingly at appropriate moments (if I did not had wand of stinking cloud and entangle scrolls, I'd have probably died in Irovetti's throne room)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Also chapter 6 is horrible!

Completely different what dungeons in another chapters. They had interesting traps, combat situations, exploration, points of interest, animated book events.

Chapter 6 is an adaptation of book 6 so I wonder if the fault lies with Paizo or with Owlcat rushing through it to put in some rudimentary, inaccurate adaptation.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
This thread's OP should have in big text and bold font a section which reads: "Are the major bugs fixed yet: YES / (NO)"

I can't read 50 pages whenever I want to check up on whether the game is finally playable without having to soldier through broken scripts and crashes.

Codex Year of the Donut
This thread's OP should have in big text and bold font a section which reads: "Are the major bugs fixed yet: YES / (NO)"

I can't read 50 pages whenever I want to check up on whether the game is finally playable without having to soldier through broken scripts and crashes.
no
the rabid fanboys will tell you how bugfree and amazing the game is, but they're lying

Reinhardt

Arcane
but they're lying
24665.jpg

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity

no
the rabid fanboys will tell you how bugfree and amazing the game is, but they're lying
He is asking specifically about major bugs. In my opinion major means either gamebreaking or extremely annoying (things like crashing or many broken mechanics/quests).
Currently only a moderate amount of minor bugs are left, though the game is huge and it's hard to judge since lot's of things depend on your luck - some people have even completed the game before 1.1 and only encountered a couple of broken secondary quests in 100+ hours.

Then there are some things which are annoying but are not bugs - like loading times or mediocre design of the last 2 chapters. It is possible and likely that these things will not be ever improved so waiting for that is meaningless at this point.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I finished the game and chapter 6 killed my will to live to replay this game in the near future. Exploring same location over9000 times, shitty loot and uninspired bland enemies (it seems devs run out ideas about encounters and decided to drop generic critters with overbloated stats as much as possible for tiny room) made me almost puke and drop the game. Seven chapter was a bit better, but a fucking chore too, because you visiting same locations but in ugly First World version and castrated to the point that sometimes it's just one corridor. Thinking about that even if I decide to play this game again, I will suffer through companions quests once more make my soul shivering in terror. In my opinion, Jubilost and Jaethel the only ones who had somewhat interesting quests, others had horrible illogical chores which can be handled by guards or servants, but ofc game requires your fucking presence for success of quest. And you should do all this while feeling taste of toxic acid in your mouth after idiotic alignment mess ( I was always against alignment system, but in this game devs managed to broke that already broken, lol) and lore inconsistency like Tristian, Linzi, paladins of Shelyn, Hellknights and etc. You also being tortured by loading screens during whole fucking game, in these moments I wish that hell existed, because level designer can be punished by endless entering and exiting small room countless times with loading screen before his eyes. And ofc bugs, which you can still catch not only in the end, but in middle too.
I fucking dead inside right now, game had issues before final chapters, but final chapters is just a mood killer. I even questioned myself why I played this game, this is how it was bad.

Game should just finish after chapter 5 imho.

I've put 200+ hours into the game and I've reached Pitax twice but that's the point were I've stopped playing because:
- that's the point were the classic in-game adventure setting ceases to exist and lvl15 builds are already broken,
- I had a feeling that what comes next is not as good as the first 5 chapters (also I was burned out on kingdom management and loading screens).

I'm glad I was inspired. For once.

This game would be glorious if they manage to fix the loading times.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

no
He is asking specifically about major bugs. In my opinion major means either gamebreaking or extremely annoying (things like crashing or many broken mechanics/quests).
Currently only a moderate amount of minor bugs are left, though the game is huge and it's hard to judge since lot's of things depend on your luck - some people have even completed the game before 1.1 and only encountered a couple of broken secondary quests in 100+ hours.

Then there are some things which are annoying but are not bugs - like loading times or mediocre design of the last 2 chapters. It is possible and likely that these things will not be ever improved so waiting for that is meaningless at this point.

The last 2 chapters can be remedied with DLCs and the like. However if the game is playable and if it's good it would warrant a replay once it gets a "complete edition" anyway.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite

I've put 200+ hours into the game and I've reached Pitax twice but that's the point were I've stopped playing because:
- that's the point were the classic in-game adventure setting ceases to exist and lvl15 builds are already broken,
- I had a feeling that what comes next is not as good as the first 5 chapters (also I was burned out on kingdom management and loading screens).

I'm glad I was inspired. For once.

This game would be glorious if they manage to fix the loading times.
Oh, sorry. It seems I messed up, because Pitax chapter was alright to me (at least there was no critical bugs), when I said " 6 chapter" I meant chapter where House on the Edge of time (next chapter after Pitax).

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
The last 2 chapters can be remedied with DLCs and the like. However if the game is playable and if it's good it would warrant a replay once it gets a "complete edition" anyway.
They already announced DLC and it was one companion (which was developed for original game from start, they just didn't include companion - proof in Technic league camp in caves, in locked chest), one class and short campaign about Varnhold.

Parabalus

Arcane

no

Ch6 and Ch7 would need a total doover, I'm not hopeful they'll ever do anything about it, seems like a bunch of resources.

They are basically as tedious as Deep Caverns, but without any of the fun.

ArchAngel

Arcane

no

Ch6 and Ch7 would need a total doover, I'm not hopeful they'll ever do anything about it, seems like a bunch of resources.

They are basically as tedious as Deep Caverns, but without any of the fun.
What? Where?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Played this one for a bit at release. Really enjoyed it but put it down because of the bugse. Just two questions.

Is it in a playable and relatively bug-free state by now?

Is the endgame decent or a rushed clusterfuck?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom