Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jezal_k23

A line of dialogue might be insufficient to judge the writing as a whole.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
real dialogue choices
ss_4fe162d9752bc89c2de14ba549ffb6a6260b09aa.1920x1080.jpg

altho the phrasing is weird

The line that's already been spoken (You're powerful free with...) could come straight out of Firefly... space/western pastiche.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Some ideas to throw around:
Companions are nice, but isn't it time to add the ability to swap control to your companion?
At the very least that will allow players to experience a different playstyle without rerolling.

E.g
I took charismatic pistol guy and bring along a sniper companion.
Prior to engaging, I switch control to the companion. And snipe a few guys off while ordering my protag to 'stand ground.'
At least that'd be something than Boone doing the whole 'the last thing you'll never see' routine over n over again in FNV.
Or maybe bringing a super hacking guy lets you take control of him to sneak around and hack a turret instead of relying on retarded AI to do proper pathfinding.

Quillon

Arcane
It is good to see that writing in this game lives up to the highest standards of the game industry.

"You're are powerful free with that tongue of yours" is almost as good as "So you fight the Good Fight with your voice on Galaxy News Radio"!

Yeah its weird at first look but its written for VA. I can imagine hearing it & it being not weird :P

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Obsidian, Obsidian never changes. They finally got the chance to make their dream AAA game and it's a cross between Fallout 4, Borderlands and No man's sky. What a banal, boring art style. :negative:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I love the idea of post-Microsoft Obsidian making an RPG about the original settlers being pushed to the fringes by a rapacious corporation. RPGs have been waiting for their Shakespeare, and may still wait, but at least they have their Solzhenitsyns!

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Obsidian, Obsidian never changes. They finally got the chance to make their dream AAA game and it's a cross between Fallout 4, Borderlands and No man's sky. What a banal, boring art style. :negative:
I share your sentiment. However, IHaveHugeNick is right in that they guessed right what the general audience might like now, especially given the complete disaster which was Fallout 76. Chances are high that the game will sell very well. Feargus should be happy.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Watched the trailer. Same old shit. They ran out of fresh ideas? Will pass on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom