Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I love the idea of post-Microsoft Obsidian making an RPG about the original settlers being pushed to the fringes by a rapacious corporation. RPGs have been waiting for their Shakespeare, and may still wait, but at least they have their Solzhenitsyns!

No wonder you mentioned Solzhenitsyn ('The Gulag Archipelago' ) for we already have Deadfire Archipelago .

Generic-Giant-Spider

Will there be any gay sharkmen and Samoan tribe speak?

This is a dealbreaker.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
Looks like Borderlands made by 2 gay grandpas. Trailer sucks and it seems the game will have the same old dry, lame Obsidian writing. Ah well, I suppose it will still be decent.

Now Rage 2, that's how you make a trailer. Wish I could say that's not the most interesting game on display. Borderlands was a good and fun game, the world needs more Borderlands clones.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
NshCRj1.jpg

Spot the tranny.

It's blonde

Who are all of this... creatures?

Celeste developers

Terenty

Liturgist
The talking heads look like they came straight out of Fallout: New Vegas.

You can expect the game to have a lot of dialogue since they put them in the trailer.

84BYE5X.jpg

mi3RxfJ.jpg

1E7MOcT.jpg

mTilYSl.jpg

ivSLApX.jpg

These faces look mighty generic... remind me of something shitty... oh yeah, they look like Torment Numenera portraits

Seethe

Arbiter
I still have faith in this Nu-Vegas game over every other shooter RPG though. So they did well for taking a break from the isometric bullshit.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
my 2 cents

Visuals clearly are not all the way there yet, I think people here will change their minds as development furthers and they refine it some more.
Steam page makes me think there are different areas/planets and you travel between them on your space ship, fingers crossed it really isn't some open world trash.
Shooting looks like a 1:1 copy of Borderlands, I'm okay with this as long as they avoid lazy +10% pistol damage type perks. Melee combat looks like shitty Elder Scrolls M1 spam.
Humor is lame but world seems interesting enough, I'm a sucker for sci-fi though.

Some of the schadenfreude i'm feeling over Bethesda getting kicked in the balls repeatedly is probably spilling over in to this, seeing a stickied mod post on r/fallout asking people to stop making threads about this so close to the reveal just puts a smile on my face.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Honestly, looks pretty good to me, not sure why all the tears. We all liked New Vegas didn't we? With any luck this'll be in a similar vein except their own setting and systems. Were you all expecting Arcanum 2.0 or something?

Curratum

The only good thing about this trailer is the Iggy Pop towards the end.

Again, how do you manage to work on UE4 and make it look like Mars: War Logs?

Setting looks hella dull, nothing about this excites me in any way. :(

Also, bringing up "from the creators of X" in any way, shape or form makes me want to puke. :negative:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Obsidian, Obsidian never changes. They finally got the chance to make their dream AAA game and it's a cross between Fallout 4, Borderlands and No man's sky. What a banal, boring art style. :negative:
If The Outer Worlds turns out to be Fallout 4 or Borderlands with Choice & Consequences, half the Codex will love it. :happytrollboy:

:cainapproves::slamdunkride::gangster::slamdunk:

Seethe

Arbiter
Just look at the comments for the trailer. Man Obsidian planned this, and nailed it hard and well with Fallout 76's failure, it drew the attention of all the angry frothing gamers right now. Bethesda indirectly helped The Outer Worlds become popular. I absolutely love it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
like i said about 10 page ago. this is gonna ride the wave from fallout's disaster and took over.

it's repeat of DBZ fighter Z when capcom vs marvel infitine flopped

Curratum

I really wish all those washed up all fogies would just quit gamedev and retire for good. So sick of shit being peddled under the guise of "industry veteran" projects. It's been like a fucking decade.

I hate Sawyer's systemic bullshit but this is even worse, tbh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom