Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Curratum

Don't care for the setting at all, this looks like the sort of game I've seen ten times before but with slight alterations to it.

If the writing in the POE games is anything to by, I don't have much hope for the dialogue either.

And it's an FPS RPG, the combat is probably going to suck.

It's Rage, but more vibrant because look how those idiots are still buying NMS years after launch! But it's also Borderlands, because everyone loves some wacky humor, tee hee, am I rite, guys?

God, I hope Cyberpunk comes out next year and is better than the Witcher, so we can all just stop looking at other people's brainfarts for a while.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
The only thing I took from this was:

HOLY SHIT BETHESDA ISN'T MAKE THIS SO IT'S NOT GOING TO BE ON GAMEBRYO

Too bad they managed to get UE4 to look like Gamebryo, though.
Its uncanny how accurately Obsidian managed to recreate
rating_prosper.png
facial expressions,
rating_prosper.png
npc postures and
rating_prosper.png
unnatural colour palette from gamebryo.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I'm kinda sick of the Fallout'esque cutesy futuristic look, but whatever, sure. Let's see what they can cook up.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
While I'm excited (not in that sense) to see Tim & Leonard double-penetrate Todd with the release of this game, which let's admit, will be the inevitable result, I cannot help but regret that they couldn't release this game before being bought out by Microsoft.

Not that it would have changed Obsidian's ultimate fate, as it was the owners who wanted to sell, but still, it would have gone down as Obsidian's game, with no connection to Microsoft.

> back to consuming my love with Battle Brothers

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It looks good, by good I mean it looks like the production values and effort was put into it. Now Bethesda has to come up with something ground breaking or Starfield will be forgotten on day 1.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Love the art direction on this and setting. Bethesda doesn't even know what that is lol. Love how they advertise the Original Creators of Fallout.

My interest has piqued to curious...

EDIT: I'll probably purchase this out of pure protest of how Bethesda utterly fucking ruined Fallout. Which is fine (Have fun with the licence you fucking killed off). And now we have Outer Worlds. :)

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
yup. i mean i am hyping this because of tim and leonard too.

if this turned out to be flop, then all hope is lost for decently budgeted action RPG
except ELEX 2

Nuclear Explosion

you know someone is retarded or a storyfag if they think mass effect was shit except the first game
Some Codexers pretend that the first game is less bad than the others are because it has the most RPG elements; they don't care that its shooting is terrible and worse than the other games'.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Big Wrangle

You fuckers need to ask the REAL questions: How many funni haha glitched bugs shall we find on release? :smug:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Rage 2 looked much cooler, but this still doesn't look bad. I loved Skryim when I was 11, but at this point I feel like I've all but completely grown out of these walking simulators (can't play Skyrim/FO:NVfor longer than a few minutes before I want to alt-f4 and do something else). Perhaps I will cave and buy a console to see if I have any love for these kinds of games left in my heart; I doubt it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom