Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dexter

Arcane
They apparently made it to the top of Leddit:

Watched the Trailer again, and still looks kinda good to me. I like the "Firefly-like" Space Frontier Western aesthetic, Retro Sci-Fi Postcard look combined with the 1920/30s Snake-oil Salesmen Advertisements/Corporations attitude.

Main thing they've shown in the Trailer that they need to do better on is character design, it looks kinda... bland/unmemorable and not period-fitting?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
fanboy.png

Generic-Giant-Spider

Just because something is your dream doesn't mean it'll be good.

In fact, don't dream at all. It's easier that way. Just become an underachieving slacker like me and we can all wallow in secure mediocrity together.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After rewatching the trailer, I'd say the graphical fidelity of the game hinges on the quality of the textures and color palette they use. I generally dislike the wild west/frontier setting because of how difficult it is to mix in enough color and textures while staying true to the setting.

I really hope that Obsidian focuses on the more passive elements of story building this time around, i.e, focusing on the world building and atmosphere of the world. We saw how well this worked for Underrail, and it will go a long way towards propping up the actual story and characters.

Deleted Member 16721

Just because something is your dream doesn't mean it'll be good.

In fact, don't dream at all. It's easier that way. Just become an underachieving slacker like me and we can all wallow in secure mediocrity together.

I'm with you, but I like appreciating the good things that people who dream make, too. Makes life fun.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Plus with Microsoft money this thing will be huge, sprawling, loaded with reactivity, polished and so on.

You seem to think Microsoft just hands out money to developers they bought up. I get the feeling you've never worked in a big company. It doesn't work like that

Deleted Member 16721

You seem to think Microsoft just hands out money to developers they bought up. I get the feeling you've never worked in a big company. It doesn't work like that

So Microsoft buys them and then decides this world smashing title isn't worth financially supporting? They're probably going to throw money at this thing (if they haven't already, which would explain a lot).

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

So Microsoft buys them and then decides this world smashing title isn't worth financially supporting? They're probably going to throw money at this thing (if they haven't already, which would explain a lot).

No, I'm saying that they still have to have realistic budgets, these have to be justified, and that isn't as easy as you think it it

Wunderbar

Arcane

this is Private Division project.

Deleted Member 16721

You do realize even suits will understand that a game from the creator of Fallout is a big deal. Without even bringing New Vegas into it they already had a golden pitch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom