Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't care if they have faggots or not as long as the game is similar to DA:I. I have no interest in a single player game with MMO gameplay, fetch quests and "gather X of Y" bullshit everywhere regardless if it has gays or not.
IF they'd go all the way back to DA:O and revisit that kind of gameplay, I will bother to care about the rest

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I would love to see a Vision Statement for the original Dragon Age. Knights of the Somewhat Oriental Fantasy. I think they planned mongols instead of zombieorkspawns.

gelEY.jpg

zf4X5.jpg

FVFeG.jpg

psHxs.jpg

Wasn't it originally suppose to be a lot like Conan the Barbarian? Low-magic fantasy.

Cael

Arcane
Conan isn't exactly low magic. Every time he turned around, he runs into a mage. Just about every book has him fighting a bad magic user of some sort.

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
if When Anthem bombs.

Augmented.

Conan isn't exactly low magic. Every time he turned around, he runs into a mage. Just about every book has him fighting a bad magic user of some sort.

True. However, REH is low magic by definition and not by details. He inspired a setting where the hero has no access to magic and the best his enemies do most of the time is throw black lotus in your eyes.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't care if they have faggots or not as long as the game is similar to DA:I. I have no interest in a single player game with MMO gameplay, fetch quests and "gather X of Y" bullshit everywhere regardless if it has gays or not.
IF they'd go all the way back to DA:O and revisit that kind of gameplay, I will bother to care about the rest

In that case you can already abandon all hope.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Solas isn't anything to get mad about.

Wasn't it originally suppose to be a lot like Conan the Barbarian? Low-magic fantasy.

It was never going to be low-magic ("enslave nations through necromancy") but it was less traditional, more sword and sorcery than the Tolkien/Martin/Sapkowski mash-up they went for.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Solas isn't anything to get mad about.

It was never going to be low-magic ("enslave nations through necromancy") but it was less traditional, more sword and sorcery than the Tolkien/Martin/Sapkowski mash-up they went for.

Tell us more about OG Dragon Age Roguey. Did it have mongols? Or my memory is deceiving me?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tell us more about OG Dragon Age Roguey. Did it have mongols? Or my memory is deceiving me?
I don't know much, and I don't remember anything like that. Ostagar was always intended to be a Helm's Deep-esque battle against not-orcs. The concept art for Sten certainly looks more barbian horde-ish than what he ended up being https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...concept.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090809033704

There was also supposed to be a barbarian human origin from the south but it was cut to control scope.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I want to make an allegory about nuBioWare ubercucks and Darkspawn corruption in their setting but it will give them some credit

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Posting a teaser for a game that is like four years away is also retarded. Totally something that BioWhore would do.

It just tell us that Inquisition sold like shit.

You don't put a franchise, whose later chapter won a GOTY, on pause for 8 years if it sold well.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

You don't put a franchise, whose later chapter won a GOTY, on pause for 8 years if it sold well.
Look at how Bethesda does releases. Slamdunking DA2 only damaged Bioware's reputation.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

Look at how Bethesda does releases. Slamdunking DA2 only damaged Bioware's reputation.
Implying BioWare is doing this on purpose and not because they scrapped years of the work they previously did for DA4.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

But Bethesda is overall a small studio which is run on nepotism.

Bioware have different teams. The one who developed the Omega DLC went to produce ME Andromeda. The one which produced Mass Effect 3 went to do Anthem. What has the Dragon Age team done so far in 4 years?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bioware have different teams. The one who developed the Omega DLC went to produce ME Andromeda. The one which produced Mass Effect 3 went to do Anthem. What has the Dragon Age team done so far in 4 years?
Working on Anthem with DA on the backburner. All their games do share animators and programmers.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Interesting, care to summarize why that is for someone that's only played the first 15 minutes of DA:O?

It's been a while, so apologies for my hazy recollection.

He subverts your expectations, by wiping out the game lore:

- Gods? Don't exist.
- Elves? Noble savages/uber-beings.
- Demons? Misunderstood innocents.
- Tevinter? Irrelevant, they're really just liars.
- Darkspawn? Just elven uber-magic side-effect.
- Everything you do? Irrelevant.

He's an ancient uberelf, who just woke up one day because reasons, it's very lazy. He's an archtype of an SJW Fedora soyboy, he literally destroyed his people because they were behaving in a "problematic way" and didn't respect his safe-space.

He acts all uppity when you deal with issues matter-of-factly instead of in a hope-y feel-y way and would deplatform you if he could. He's all about living in dreams and if he had any hair, it would be purple.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
Why are people surprised about this 'new dude same as the old dude' regarding Dragon Age? Like, you got to ride the bull and hang out with that FTM dweeb in Inquisition. It's already been gay as hell my dudes for a long time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom