Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPGAddict

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
His sperging about mapping is much more fun than the disdain about the writing of Wiz7. It is kind of a piss off that the maps don't quite align and it is the sort of minor crap that I could see causing massive butthurt in a random codexer lol.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I mapped the whole Wiz 7 myself, but I can't remember that the maps don't aligning properly was something on which I spent more than a few seconds reflecting. But I was using pen and paper at that time, which is easier to improvise with than computer programs.
I was more pissed off at the far too high encounter frequency of HP bloated enemies.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Most people never encountered it anyway, the in-game map was by sector, so everything lined up properly.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
His sperging about mapping is much more fun than the disdain about the writing of Wiz7. It is kind of a piss off that the maps don't quite align and it is the sort of minor crap that I could see causing massive butthurt in a random codexer lol.
Honestly, it's so annoying. He's making the writing sound worse than it is. Wizardry 6 without its purple prose would be a boring affair, and 7 is similar. (Though text could be presented faster.)

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
That's one of the things I really liked about Grimoire, Cleve managed to write in the same purple style, almost a pitch-perfect match to W6/W7

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Most people never encountered it anyway, the in-game map was by sector, so everything lined up properly.
Yeah I just cross-referenced the in-game automap to the paper map and orient myself that way, I don't think I even knew there was a misalignment until the internet age much later. I've approached maps the same way in all the Might and Magics after the first as well.

:Flash:

Arcane
The Addict had finished Wizardry 7. In his write-up he mentions the checkered history that followed, including Stones of Arnhem and Cleve, all the while conveniently circumventing where most of his facts come from. "Primary sources include a 2014 Matt Barton interview with Robert Sirotek, a 1997 New York Supreme Court decision, and a 1998 Usenet thread now archived by Google Groups". :D

http://crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2018/12/crusaders-of-dark-savant-summary-and.html

Edit: Oh, and Corey Cole talks in the comments about how he was talking with Brenda Garno about doing a Wizardry sequel, but then distanced themselves from it after talking to Bradley about Sir-Tech.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Addict had finished Wizardry 7. In his write-up he mentions the checkered history that followed, including Stones of Arnhem and Cleve, all the while conveniently circumventing where most of his facts come from. "Primary sources include a 2014 Matt Barton interview with Robert Sirotek, a 1997 New York Supreme Court decision, and a 1998 Usenet thread now archived by Google Groups". :D

http://crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2018/12/crusaders-of-dark-savant-summary-and.html

Edit: Oh, and Corey Cole talks in the comments about how he was talking with Brenda Garno about doing a Wizardry sequel, but then distanced themselves from it after talking to Bradley about Sir-Tech.

http://crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2018...howComment=1544378263998#c3677320859331635845

CRPG Addict December 9, 2018 at 12:57 PM

. . . aaand we're back to moderating all comments for a while. Trolls and haters, if it gives you joy to waste the 30 second of my time it takes to read your comment and delete it, by all means keep commenting. But your words will not be published on my blog.

thinking.png

Bocian

Arcane
Unfortunately, Blakemore chose to pepper his accounts with homophobic and white supremacist rantings and self-aggrandizing nonsense.

Can anyone explain me how pro-Neanderthal views can be considered "white supremacist"?

Xorphitus

Scholar
Homophobic and rayciss comments. Oh noooes! Those things make Melonheads, Judeo-Christ, and other freakshow Reality Deviants cry. They are the things that must be purged so that the Golden Age of GloboHomo Neo Babelism come.

Behead all the enemies of Cleve and Incline will be achieved!!!!

Mustawd

Homophobic and rayciss comments. Oh noooes! Those things make Melonheads, Judeo-Christ, and other freakshow Reality Deviants cry. They are the things that must be purged so that the Golden Age of GloboHomo Neo Babelism come.

Behead all the enemies of Cleve and Incline will be achieved!!!!

Can we ban Xorphitus for being an SJW?

Grimlorn

Arcane
why are people talking about Brenda being the lead designer on Wiz 8 in the comments? I thought that was long debunked by a few accounts of people who worked on the game. I thought she just was in charge of the manual and put her name on several of the positions.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

I did like his summary of the game, seemed more positive than his play through comments. That said, the lack of mentioning the codex as the source for the Cleve/Wiz story seemed disingenuous, but maybe he really did only read secondary mentions of it and not dive into the legendary thread here. But he's obviously not a scholar who goes to first sources, he's just an amateur

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
why are people talking about Brenda being the lead designer on Wiz 8 in the comments? I thought that was long debunked by a few accounts of people who worked on the game. I thought she just was in charge of the manual and put her name on several of the positions.

No, never heard about this being debunked, you have sources?

Grimlorn

Arcane

No this was like 5 years ago. I'm not Rougey. Maybe I read it in the Sir tech thread. I figure someone here knows what I'm talking about.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath

Brenda herself says that she was, Sirotek says she wasn't (calls it a 'group effort' or something). That was both in their respective Matt Chat interviews. Not sure we have any more information other than that (and Cleve of course).

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Eh, group effort doesn't say much, every game is. Until some of the developers who actually worked on the game say anything against Brenda, I assume she actually was one of the driving forces behind it.

Cleve might be delusional (occasionally), but Sirotek is just a plain lying motherfucker, so I don't trust anything the guy says

newtmonkey

Arcane
I wonder if there was some bad blood between Robert and Brenda the never got resolved. He seemed to have no problem at all attributing the early Wiz games to their respective authors/designers.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
In the comments to the final W7 summary he also says he thinks M&M3 graphics are better than W7. I think he might not just be color blind

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Well I do think that the MM3 art has aged a bit better than Wiz7. Although I think both are pretty good, stating that one is superior to the other is nuts though.

By completing Wiz7 the CRPG Addict has at least proven himself once again to be a better RPG player than most here on the Codex, despite his bizarre rating scheme. Still, shame on him for not linking the glorious Sir-tek thread. That's the thread that got me to register here, maybe he just doesn't want to send more people into the fun of the Codex.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Still, shame on him for not linking the glorious Sir-tek thread. That's the thread that got me to register here, maybe he just doesn't want to send more people into the fun of the Codex.

Is Retardo Land open to the public?
Anyway, that thread should have been stickied in a more suitable sub-forum.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Eh, group effort doesn't say much, every game is. Until some of the developers who actually worked on the game say anything against Brenda, I assume she actually was one of the driving forces behind it.

Cleve might be delusional (occasionally), but Sirotek is just a plain lying motherfucker, so I don't trust anything the guy says
I think Cleveland Mark Blakemore was the one that said Brenda did little to nothing on the game IIRC as well and he hasn't been wrong yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom