Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Ulfhednar

Savant
Well that's done...
Ax7rehG.jpg

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Anyone know what's going on here? This guy is just standing there and doesn't have a targeting circle. Can't do anything to him. Seems like a bug?

poe2huh.png

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I've had that same troll glitch in both my playthoughs. I was able to get him to attack by reloading before the ooze fight.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
thanks. I thought as much. Oh well, at least it's just a random mook and not a quest npc.

2house2fly

Magister
Hmmm... good question. I dont know any mod can do that. The best option in this case is to use a collection of mods.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/4
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/256
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/95
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/96

I can try to investigate and mod it, if its possible, if you want.
it's presumably easy enough- just copy all the crew members into the override folder and make them consume 0 food/water/money

The criticism wasn't aimed at the quality of the items, I don't think that was discussed, but that they come too late (essentially end-game); are soulbound, so they have to be upgraded, which takes even more time, if there are enough fights left in the game at all; and that they are rewarded at the completion of the entire thing, exacerbating the previous issue. I vaguely remember saying they should've given you the soulbound items before the arena started and they being upgraded by winning fights in the arena itself.
they should probably have saved the optional fights for after the DLC's main quest, then you'd be guaranteed a few fights for your soulbounds. As it is, the best advice for this DLC is to rush the main quest and then do the side content.

I hope you get the soulbound greatsword early in Forgotten Sanctum

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
there are a few mods that remove level cap in nexus. one thing that we can do would be:

- play game until levels appropriate for doing the 3 DLCs (around 15 i guess), on POTD.

- do the 3 dlc's, then remove level cap via mod in nexus

- use another mod called "deadly deadfire" in nexus to increase the difficulty further (just health and attribute boosts along with 2x level scaling) so you can finish the remaining main-game content with your DLC loot that will be grossly OP.

It's completely doable to change any enemy's info and gear and stats, just that doing so would be unbelievably tedious and time-consuming going thru each one, so for now the easiest values to adjust are health multiplier and the various POTD bonuses and/or tweaking the penetration system thresholds, and this stuff has already been done in some mod or another on nexus.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Did they add more weapons to the game or is it still sword-and-sabre-a-palooza? This sword reminded me of that issue. Bonus questions - are sabres still the highest DPS weapons? Do battle axes' crit damage work with sneak attacks? If they still have that property in DF at all.

2house2fly

Magister
Since launch they added a hunting bow, greatsword and a 2-handed battle axe via patches. The first DLC also has a greatsword and 2-handed battle axe, as well as a mace, scepter and a warhammer. The second DLC has a battle axe(soulbound), rapier(soulbound), sabre, flail, arbalest, pike and a war bow. The third DLC will (I think) in addition to the greatsword(soulbound) be adding a wand, club, crossbow, hunting bow and possibly a quarterstaff and scepter, as well as the god Wael.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I've yet to find a single fail or dagger or mace or estoc of note. Oh, or a morningstar of note. I'm only 20 hours in tho... heh. PoE 1 definitely had better item distribution during Act 1, for sure.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Did they add more weapons to the game or is it still sword-and-sabre-a-palooza? This sword reminded me of that issue. Bonus questions - are sabres still the highest DPS weapons? Do battle axes' crit damage work with sneak attacks? If they still have that property in DF at all.

Sabres are still very good. There are also excellent unique variants. They have a fairly sucky modal, single damage type and moderate Penetration and that is quite important, particularly on PotD.
I don't see why axe modal would not work with sneaks. It's 20% additive crit damage though, which won't drastically change things if you already have 150% base crit, maybe +50% sneak, maybe +25-150% ability damage. Perhaps their modal is more interesting: Bleed raw DoT (up to 200% I believe). At the steep cost of 50% Recovery penalty though.

I've yet to find a single fail or dagger or mace or estoc of note. Oh, or a morningstar of note. I'm only 20 hours in tho... heh. PoE 1 definitely had better item distribution during Act 1, for sure.

I propose you sail to Dunnage ASAP :) There are at least a top quality estoc and a flail in there. Also a rapier, a two-handed battleaxe and probably a few other arms.
Nowadays after Port Maje I directly go Fort Deadlight -> Dunnage.
There is a morningstar in Arkemyr's mansion in Neketaka, but if you want a good one, you'll need to visit the Crookspur slavers's dungeons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom