Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Wow, so I guess Starks really is the narrative lead if she's the one doing all the interviews. I suppose that's one of the perks of being Tim's fag hag from Carbine. Another nepotistic Obsidian promotion.

Or she is actually the most qualified for the job
I don't believe you. I know people in first year English Intro that are more qualified.

fobia

The Codex, more often than not these days, sounds like a tea table meeting of premature seniles, whose only memories are those of their wives leaving them for socially adept partners.

Now I know that most members who are posting their ramblings about evil women didn't actually ever have a wife or girlfriend, so please don't hold that against my metaphor.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Shacknews: What went behind the "Dumb" dialogue option? Is this out of a particular love for the Chris Pratt style of leading character who's not too bright?
Starks
: That's a really good question! I should ask Tim and Leonard where the inspiration for that came from.

stupid cunt hasn't event played Fallout 1

:fight:

Yea, stop quoting this Megan whatever, she is on the development of the game with the original creators and she doesn't even know basic stuff, one would think she would do her homework atleast, but no. :argh:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I agree, it has nothing to do with her gender, and some of my favorite writers/co-writers are actually women.

18a1b5789c9eb9d72cb4dbdf6a657cd6d949f7c24679b3b9670ecc2f41ad8386.jpg

Glenda Glenn

Learned
I said it before, older gamers are slowly being phased out so the new generation can move in and allow their ignorance of the world to guide them to such trashy design practices.
Haven't they already moved in, like, since the mid 2000's? "By Millennials. For Millennials.™" :)

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Shacknews: What went behind the "Dumb" dialogue option? Is this out of a particular love for the Chris Pratt style of leading character who's not too bright?
Starks
: That's a really good question! I should ask Tim and Leonard where the inspiration for that came from.

SUCH AN AWESOME QUESTION! Because I don't know how to answer it it is an awesome question! I have no idea why we do the things we do! This is Obsidian, we have no idea what we do! Let me ask if anyone knows what the fuck we're doing here!

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Starks

SUCH AN AWESOME QUESTION! Because I don't know how to answer it it is an awesome question! I have no idea why we do the things we do! This is Obsidian, we have no idea what we do! Let me ask if anyone knows what the fuck we're doing here!

Why is the department I'm in charge of implementing a fairly work intensive feature? Who knows!?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Starks

Im afraid the only people who played fallout 1 on their team is Tim and Leo
Owlcat had everyone in the studio play Pathfinder for preparation of making Patfinder: Kingmaker.. T&C don't force people to play Fallout games they made while making a game that is supposed to be similar in spirit and humour.
It is going to be shit for sure.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Starks

Seriously, how the fuck do you get to be a Lead/Senior Narrative designer if you have no idea of your Director most known work?!

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Starks

Seriously, How the fuck do you get to be a Lead/Senior Narrative designer if you have no idea of your Director most known work?!
Maybe Tim is not as gay as people think...

Terenty

Liturgist
Starks

Im afraid the only people who played fallout 1 on their team is Tim and Leo
Owlcat had everyone in the studio play Pathfinder for preparation of making Patfinder: Kingmaker.. T&C don't force people to play Fallout games they made while making a game that is supposed to be similar in spirit and humour.
It is going to be shit for sure.

I imagine fallout 1 and arcanum is a joke topic in their circles. Everytime Tim or Leo starts talking about it, Obs employees roll their eyes and look at each other with an expression "not again, its 2018, noone cares about this covered in moss piece of fossil!"

Modron

Arcane
Kek, Fargo had people inspect Arcanum code to make sure they didn't take any fallout code with them. Fixed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom