Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Worst Raped Game Franchise of All Time (Poll)

Which game franchise has been raped the worst?

• Fallout franchise (Fallout 3 & 4, Fallout 76)

• The Elder Scrolls franchise (Oblivion, Skyrim)

• Ultima franchise (Ultima 8 & 9, The Shroud of the Avatar, Underworld Ascendent)

• XCOM franchise (Interceptor, nuXCOM)

• Jagged Alliance franchise (Back in Action, JA Online, Flashback, JA: Rage)

• Baldur's Gate franchise (Beamdog Enhanced Editions)

• Dragon Age franchise (DA 2, DA:I)

• Diablo franchise (Diablo 3, Diablo: Immortal)

• Dungeon Keeper franchise

• Fable franchise

• Mass Effect franchise (Mass Effect 3, Andromeda)

• Battlefield franchise (Battlefield 5)

• Heroes of Might and Magic franchise (everything after 3, arguably 4)

• Some other game franchise

• Grimoire franchise (Kingkomrade)

• Sonic the Hedhehog franchise

• Sonic the Hedgehog franchise

• SimCity franchise

• Resident Evil franchise

• DOOM franchise

• Warhammer franchise

• Command & Conquer franchise

• Final Fantasy franchise

• Wizardry franchise

• The Settlers franchise

• Metal Gear franchise

• Civilization franchise

• Tom Clancy franchise

• Total War franchise

• Tomb Raider franchise

• Warcraft franchise

• Syndicate franchise

Results are only viewable after voting.
Easy vote for Fallout even though I still was able to have fun with 3 and 4. Honestly don't understand why a lot of those are even on the poll. Like Baldur's Gate being raped by Beamdog enhanced editions? Doom franchise being raped by never putting out a bad game? Maybe I can only get off on some really hardcore and brutal rape but a whole lot of those don't seem to fit at all. I mean fuck, the Thief franchise was raped worse than Doom and the only particularly rapey Thief game is Thiaf, Deadly Shadows is at worst an uncomfortable but consensual encounter. I guess there may be some poor misguided fools who think Doom 2016's on par with Thiaf though.

PorkBarrellGuy

Most raped is Fallout, in my mind. Honorable mentions to Ultima, Diablo and (not present) Battletech/Mechwarrior, though.

mondblut

Arcane
Jagged Alliance, of course. Whereas others have been raped once then eagerly embraced the comfortable lifestyle of a whore, JA keeps being passed from one increasingly depraved molestor to another, eventually reaching the point of getting assfucked by a horse for a crust of bread.

A horse of course

Fallout has only had two objectively bad games in the series, and one of them has a Space Marine rapist mod, so it doesn't really count.

The Elder Scrolls hasn't been raped at all.

Ultima is for old people.

The only truly great X-COM game was Apocalypse.

Jagged Alliance I dunno.

The IE series definitely suffered some heavy molestation at Beamdoug's hands. I'm not sure it counts since Beamdoug are total fucking nobodies, but then there are a significant number of people who will only experience the originals through the EE trannygeddeon, which is a sobering thought.

Dragon Age was never good.

Diablo is a pretty good contender, though it hasn't (yet) suffered to the extent of something like C&C.

Dungeon Keeper was raped by proxy via the boring fucking Eurotrash spinoffs like Impire and Dungeons.

Fable was a passable linear action-rpg with some nice gimmicks like the marriage/relationship system, but it really went from "OK" to "not good" to "crap", so it doesn't really belong on there.

Mass Effect got two and a half good games, that was a pretty good run. It's impressive how they managed to turn people against the entire series with the endgame of 3. I don't think anything like that has happened before or since.

Battlefield was always casual crap.

HoMM was always trash. Disciples should be on the list instead, or Might and Magic from garbage like 6 onwards.

RE has see-sawed in quality over its lifetime, though I guess dropping the survival horror aspects might count as rape to some.

I was gonna keep tpying but I'm hungry now.

Cael

Arcane
Get back to your nap, grandpa
getoffmylawn.jpg

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
As everyone is still hot of the plate triggered by the latest Fallout game, and cold scar tissue triggered by the drastic change in genre, gameplay and feel the series sustained at the hands of Bethesda, I predicted Fallout would be winning.
Using the same logic, the Warcraft franchise should be up there too - went from RTS to MMORPG, and then its latest installment is badly received, and over the years it has had many lore retcons, and a change of overall feeling and aesthetic.

Binky

Cipher
Blizzard went from doting parent to violent paedophile. Poor Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft. To paraphrase some pale fella: Scars such as theirs will never heal. Death would only be a mercy.

Brocken Jr.

Arcane
When you think of Sonic, you think of Sonic 06 and Chris-chan. Very few people have fond memories of those games at this point, because since the Dreamcast it's been nonstop garbage and an ever-more-depraved fanbase. It's pretty much all perverts now. No defilement has ever been so thorough.

Bocian

Arcane
Too bad you can only choose one. Fallout is plainly obvious, but Total War series is making a steady decline too, due to dev retardation.
Shaewaroz, you can also make a follow-up poll about the worst rapist in the industry - my bet is on Bethesda and Beamdog.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Too bad you can only choose one. Fallout is plainly obvious, but Total War series is making a steady decline too, due to dev retardation.
Shaewaroz, you can also make a follow-up poll about the worst rapist in the industry - my bet is on Bethesda and Beamdog.

I'm not sure if that's a good idea - I don't want to end up like Safav Hamon with his Most Overrated RPG polls. But it's tempting, I gotta say.

Corvinus

Arcane
While I was faced with some difficulty early on, I soon came to the conclusion that it HAS to be Fallout. Just think about it!
Most of the 'franchises' here decline in quality, some more than others, but going from playing Fallout 1, 2 or Tactics to the atrocity that is Fallout 3 is... something all right.

Also, I'd rate Jagged Alliance as a fairly close contender, but at the same time, I'm not too sure about my stance here, as I haven't played the first.

Some additional thoughts below. Please note that none of these has such a massive drop in quality as Fallout, so they aren't elegible:

Elder Scrolls: I liked Morrowind for its original setting, and because of that I actually bought the collector's edition of Oblivion, which, as we all know, was a generic, level-scaled disappointment. I actually think that Skyrim was an improvement, but its ending was outright bad. I'd say that as hiking simulators, these games are good. As rpg's... not especially.

Baldur's Gate: Number one is good, the second one isn't bad, the beamdog 'enhancements' should translate into a one-way ticket to a labour camp if there was any justice in this world.

Dragon Age: It was bad from the start.

Diablo: Number one and two are good. I remember playing D3 on hardcore from beginning to end, and the only monsters that were a threat were the 'special' champions. Yawn. The new art direction and overall lack of grimness buried the rest.

Mass Effect: A steady decline in quality until the plunge at the end. At least the deranged fans Talimancers brought some amusement to us in the Best Thread Ever with their sick creations. It should be noted that the last game was so appalingly bad that it couldn't even inspire the perverts, maybe because being such a vile creature is now the new 'normal', or at least not far from it. Where I live it is even sanctioned by state, and the filth even appears in kid shows on TV.

Heroes of Might and Magic: Some like II best, but number III is where it's at for me. To be fair, VII is a lot like III, so this 'franchise' gets a pass from me, even with the bad games in between.

Sonic the Hedgehog: I recall it from the Sega Megadrive days of yore, but I haven't played it since. Thanks to the efforts of sgc_meltdown and other connoisseurs, I'm aware of the bizarre following it has. Most raped? Maybe literally...

Doom: I hear that the new games are good, but to me they are too far from the originals to be of any interest. They've taken away the horror elements but kept the action, so I wouldn't compare that with, say, FO1 - FO3, where everything good was removed and nothing was kept, except at a shallow, retarded level.

Warhammer: (If it means 40.000) Everything that comes after the 2nd edition is shit in some way or the other.

Civilization: Haven't played the first, the second is really good, number III was all right, and IV with all expansions is a favourite. V and onwards is dumbed down shit.

Last edited:

SpoilVictor

Educated
I went with Fallout for obvious reasons.

Other than that I think Warhammer (both 40k and Fantasy Battle) - you can count good games on one hand of very sloppy sawblade operator. Games Workshop doesn't help either, licensing small chunks of IP to anyone who can spell "Ork" correctly. Relic did arguably best job with Dawn Of War (until they murdered it with DoW 3) and Space Marine. Creative Assembly went full retard with TW: Warhammer - I really, really want to play it but no way I'm giving money to those bastards after they split it into 2 games (TW Warhammer II should be expansion at best) and then cut both games into pieces for DLC. Fuck those guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom