Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

warci

Educated
at least something that resembles the original, I remember my Amiga struggeling with big-ass 'splosions, praying the game wouldn't crash dooming my awesome team of veterans to guru meditation oblivion... now THAT was how you build tension

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

Non-lethal playthrough:

Florida-Lobster-Linguini-15.jpg

Mustawd

That looks so fucking dumb. He’s literally wearing football shoulder pads.
What's wrong with that? You want your guys to get a dislocated shoulder?

In that case, more is clearly better:

ept_sports_nfl_experts-136986739-1280771257.jpg

In all seriousness, UnstableVoltage this looks so silly. Looks like a Rollerball dude with a rifle. Please pass on that feedback.

EDIT: Even the coloring is similar. Honestly, is this like an elaborate joke or something?

rollerball.jpg

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

In all seriousness, UnstableVoltage this looks so silly. Looks like a Rollerball dude with a rifle. Please pass on that feedback.

EDIT: Even the coloring is similar. Honestly, is this like an elaborate joke or something?

rollerball.jpg

lol
that is what you said also on page 116
Why is that guy wearing football shoulder pads?

c2897921098ee3cace18a520fbe7c9df--american-football-geek-art.jpg
stock-photo-american-football-player-standing-shirtless-with-shoulder-pads-8571058.jpg

at least you are consistent

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
full

So now you can put this "we want a more rag-tag look" outcry to rest. :)
There's nothing more rag-tag than exposed american football shoulder pads (along with skiing boots)

Bonus:
latest

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

rollerball.jpg

Nigga, please. If you want more protection you go wide, not tall.

Primaris-Space-Marine.jpg

I really don't see the problem. Big dumb shoulder pads are a part of sci-fi armor design. Even Fallout had it.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd call it a minor gripe, too, but you can't really deny that there's a certain difference between a Space Marine tank like that and a guy in military outfit... with football shoulder pads.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I'd call it a minor gripe, too, but you can't really deny that there's a certain difference between a Space Marine tank like that and a guy in military outfit... with football shoulder pads.

Imperial guard style armor probably would have been better, but if they are trying to go for the post-apoc look, it would make sense that the armor looks like repurposed sportswear. Maybe higher tier armors would look more sophisticated.

latest

Man, why is there no XCOM style TBS game with imperial guard? We got smurfs, we got cogboys, but no ordinary dudes. The old XCOM formula would work great for the guard.
> Drop in a transport full of dudes, like 30 of them
> Gets shot to hell on the first turn.
> Survivors regroup and defeat the xeno menace.
> Only 3 guardsmen survive in the end
> Mission accomplished

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom