Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You know which weapon group is my favourite? All of them. The balance is just absolutely spot on.

Barbarian

Arcane
I have yet to meet the roaming bands of wildmen the devs said would be around. Bad luck on my part? Or they didn't get implemented in the end?

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I have yet to meet the roaming bands of wildmen the devs said would be around. Bad luck on my part? Or they didn't get implemented in the end?
Wildmen? Like the background 'Wildman'? Never heard of it, never seen anything like it either.

Maybe they meant the 'Unholds'?

Serus

Arcane
Patron
kkaYuy5.png

I fucking hope so!
Imagine it's like in some horrors when parts of a monster still try to grab (or bite) someone even after they have been detached from the body.
Or maybe it's a fallen hero(ine) with a vagina dentata :cool:, who knows what horrors lurk in the world of Battle Brothers.

tindrli

Arcane
ok bros, what do you think.. maces, hammers'? i had to see how many of them are here.. if rumors are true there is a great armor here as well but i think i don't have a chance here... all my bros have 140/150 armors except maybe two of them with 200+ and most of then don't have any defense melee or ranged. i never used a single point in them because they started with 0 and i thought that in 8 levels rolling 2 or 3 sometimes 4 i wouldn't get even 20 so i ignored investing in it completely
aNYyxck.jpg

i gave my best
uLns2Xw.jpg

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
ok bros, what do you think.. maces, hammers'? i had to see how many of them are here.. if rumors are true there is a great armor here as well but i think i don't have a chance here... all my bros have 140/150 armors except maybe two of them with 200+ and most of then don't have any defense melee or ranged. i never used a single point in them because they started with 0 and i thought that in 8 levels rolling 2 or 3 sometimes 4 i wouldn't get even 20 so i ignored investing in it completely
xW9Vcj3.jpg
Even 15~20 defense vs 0 defense makes a big difference from my experience.

tindrli

Arcane
Even 15~20 defense vs 0 defense makes a big difference from my experience.

i know but i had to decide whether to invest in resolve or defense.. and with damn alps and hexes... well.. i need to experiment more

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
^Those are the cheapest Armor prices I've seen!

I know the stars for mission difficulty have always been a bit... questionable, but with the new enemies it got quite silly. Every contract involving 'Bandits' should be rated 1-2 stars lower than shown - or raise the raitings for the 'New enemies' contracts.

Star rating is all over the shop, a better indicator is the amount of dollars the contract pays. If I have a two star mission in the early game but its paying a lot then I know its going to kick my ass. For example I had an early two star mission fighting schrats, seriously WTF?

This has been happening to me constantly, to the point that I won't take "hunt what terrorizes..." contracts if they're near forests (I assume that matters for what will spawn). Which sucks, cuz the direwolf armor add-on is really good.

I think the game undervalues the threat of Schrats in general, would be nice to see a tweak.

Also, got into a fight with 12 Alps. I don't even know how you're supposed to deal with that unless you have a metric TON of resolve or some kind of immunity (not sure if there is one).

BTW I think resolve determines how much damage you take even after you fall asleep as my seargent/resolve/bannerman took significantly less damage than others -- many of whom got one-shotted.

Anyway, RIP the Spiteful Knaves.

Last edited:

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
To be honest my only wipe on current ironmeme save was only to hexes(not really wipe it just my bros were trying to kill themselves with a fists and sticks which as painful to watch and when I forget how scary orc berserkers could be - not wipe either just heavy losses).

Anyway I think taking gifted or brawny9if not going for heavy armor) is a mistake now - Iron will is much better investment. Nimble is still great even on heavier armors as 75% to Hp is still much better than 100% and it reduce % of injury.
Pretty much as I can see light medium armor with nimble, dodge etc is the best way to fight monsters - especially that fight with unholds or wyrms can cost you to 100 tools to fix all armor.

That is my main issue now - not even cost of the armor but the pitiful amount you can carry (150 on expert) and not big amount you can find in shops.
I think they nerfed tools too much.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Friendly reminder: when in a fight with Hexen, bring along 3-4 bros with Heavy Sticks. They do like 1-2 armor dmg when you use them to stun, which means you can (1) stun your charmed bros without injuring them/smashing their armor, (2) stun Hexen who have a Hex up without doing serious injury to the sympathetic bro. The next turn, the Hex will wear off and you'll be able to flay the witch before she can pop off another one. voila!

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
I bring only archers plus shield bros with sticks/fists against hexen.
Archers cant do a shit when they are close to bro so they cant shoot yours troops in you move in formation.
I just beat two hexen with dozens of spiders using nothing but arrows and fists(as I have only 2 sticks).

Thonius

Arcane
I think flails and 1h swords are worst weapon groups. I tried to use 3headed flails but damage is just weak. Bro 7 level could not reliable kill zombies with low level helmets. I don't know maybe 2h flails is better.

Whiskeyjack

Learned
I think flails and 1h swords are worst weapon groups. I tried to use 3headed flails but damage is just weak. Bro 7 level could not reliable kill zombies with low level helmets. I don't know maybe 2h flails is better.
I kind of want to see how 3 headed flails work with fearsome. Does each hit cause it to proc? If so it could be good for that purpose.

But otherwise - flails are good early-game weapons because so many enemies (raiders, zombies, orc young) don't have helms, so it's a good way to knock out some fools pretty early - they might be the best early-game weapons. But starting mid, and definitely late game - they're just outclassed. You also can get tier 3 flails pretty quickly from raiders, while all other tier 3 weapons (except for arming swords I guess) you generally have to wait to find as drops.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That may be true of one-handed flails, but two-handed ones still do pretty mean damage. The main point of flails in mid-game is that they ignore shields. Being able to reliably hit shield-walling enemies when you don't have a full squad of super-skilled melee bros is handy, even if it's not as sexy as the other weapons. They also have a chance to stun on hit, though it doesn't trigger very often in my experience.

Barbarian

Arcane
Wildmen? Like the background 'Wildman'? Never heard of it, never seen anything like it either.

Maybe they meant the 'Unholds'?

Devs claimed there would be bands of wildmen when asked about lack of human enemy variety. Can't be arsed to search for the quote but it is somewhere. I guess it wasn't put in the game in the end.

Ratcatchers work pretty well with overwhelm and dodge, btw. Fuckers always start with *very* above average initiative. I always keep one in the group for that. They also have one of the cheapes base salaries.

Tigranes

Arcane

What is your strategy for maximising returns on all this crap? I understand how prices work generally, but it feels like a lot of the time your profit is going to be ~50 gold per item, and it just doesn't seem worth the risk and hassle to me.

Deleted Member 16721

I have to get back to this sometime but the exploration seemed boring when I played. When you're exploring the world map what's there to do? And are there any interesting quests in the game?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm going to have my first fight against sharts schrats today. I've loaded up on two handed and one handed axes, and my guys are lvl 6/5 a couple are lvl 4. How are my chances? Also, should I drop ranged characters completely because of the kind of damage they would do?

Prime Junta

I'm going to have my first fight against sharts schrats today. I've loaded up on two handed and one handed axes, and my guys are lvl 6/5 a couple are lvl 4. How are my chances? Also, should I drop ranged characters completely because of the kind of damage they would do?

Doable. If you have reinforced nets, use them. You will likely take a lot of injuries and there is a risk of taking losses.

-- Update on the Darwin Wallace Big Band: I saved 10k to hire a hedge knight, and turns out he wasn't there anymore.

However, two swordmasters were, at 3k and 4k respectively.

Darwin Wallace Big Band is now a murder machine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom