Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competitive online shooters that are both good and active

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Overwatch, TF2, and QC are all gay.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Cut out TF2 and I'd agree. TF2 is the single best fusion between old quake style AFPS and character shooters that has and probably ever will exist.
It's also not made by faggot SJW devs.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
That's citation needed my dude especially because I watch their streams and speak their language.
If you watch cooller's stream the months of streaming pubg and other shit instead of QC should be all the quotation you need. Hell he was even playing pubg before the last QC tournaments last year, that's how fed up he was with the game.

No idea about cypher, he barely streams even when he plays a lot of QC but iirc in an early interview he said somehing like "devs focused a lot in preventing noobs being owned".

I wasn't playing the game either cause the game was shit. It's not shit anymore tho.

He also hated ow and prolly hates pubg tho. He plays what he thinks will bring the most $$. There was a brief moment people thought pubg would become an esport so he prolly wanted to cash in on it too. Pro fps games is cancer like that nowdays. Pure speculation tho. I mean he was streaming pubg with his friends in squad so maybe he thought it would make entertaining streams I dunno.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Cut out TF2 and I'd agree. TF2 is the single best fusion between old quake style AFPS and character shooters that has and probably ever will exist.

Yea the hats are so much better then lesbian heroes with nice butts. /sarcasm

The game was pretty good early on tho minus the fact that tfc was way more fun and the fucking invulerability medic shit was aids.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Yea the hats are so much better then lesbian heroes with nice butts
Absolutely. A good game like TF2 does not need fapbait characters to succeed.
the fucking invulerability medic shit was aids.
Yeah, a 8 second invulnerability that takes 40-160 seconds to get while the medic is widely considered to be the single best and most important class in TF2 (and as such, the most targeted by all snipers, spies, scouts and anyone that is playing a pick role) is so AIDS. Get good retard, maybe you should stay in overwatch if you are so mentally handicapped.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Yeah, a 8 second invulnerability that takes 40-160 seconds to get while the medic is widely considered to be the single best and most important class in TF2 (and as such, the most targeted by all snipers, spies, scouts and anyone that is playing a pick role) is so AIDS. Get good retard, maybe you should stay in overwatch if you are so mentally handicapped.

Nice attempt at pretending your not a casual but your going to unironically defend invulnerability mechanic of all things they could have done instead? Not to mention the fucking mercy autoaim heal faggotry that started with that game. I would much rather them do tfc source like dota 2 with a few adjustments instead of ruining a classic. I am not saying it was a bad game but it was definitely a step in the wrong direction.

I mean if you think that ubering and capping is not major decline from double concinc and bunny hopping through entire team and passing the flag kys...

sniff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRrjh8yp5yE

that was my childhood right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSGWfeoLcp8

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
defend invulnerability mechanic of all things they could have done instead?
Like what? Do you think Medic should only heal and not have any "ultimate" ability that takes time to charge up at all?
Not to mention the fucking mercy autoaim heal faggotry
Again, what would you do instead? The medkit style of TFC is clunky, slow and annoying for a game where you don't have bunnyhopping.
tfc source
Great, go play Fortress Forever. It's exactly what you want.
I am not saying it was a bad game but it was definitely a step in the wrong direction.
Good to know that your opinion is the only right one, and things that you personally dislike are always wrong.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
defend invulnerability mechanic of all things they could have done instead?
Like what? Do you think Medic should only heal and not have any "ultimate" ability that takes time to charge up at all?
Not to mention the fucking mercy autoaim heal faggotry
Again, what would you do instead? The medkit style of TFC is clunky, slow and annoying for a game where you don't have bunnyhopping.
tfc source
Great, go play Fortress Forever. It's exactly what you want.
I am not saying it was a bad game but it was definitely a step in the wrong direction.
Good to know that your opinion is the only right one, and things that you personally dislike are always wrong.

You can't both make a strong statement and call others retard, mentally handicapped etc... if they disagree with you AND complain about me doing the same thing - except I didn't. I simply made an argument and you got all butt hurt retreating into your corner when realizing I wouldn't just take your shit without embarrassing you first. My opinion isn't the only right one its just your opinion is wrong :) Stop projecting.

Also yea totally viable option with grand total of 2 players... thanks for suggestion dumbass.

http://steamcharts.com/app/253530

abija

Prophet
Minus the fact that valve barely gives two fucks about the competitive aspect and it's the point of this thread.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I simply made an argument and you got all butt hurt retreating into your corner when realizing I wouldn't just take your shit without embarrassing you first. My opinion isn't the only right one its just your opinion is wrong :) Stop projecting.
You are literally saying the exact same thing I said, thinking your opinion is the one and only correct one. "Embarrassing you first", lol. Yeah, you sure won the argument when you cried about a 8 second invulnerability. Congrats buddy.
Also yea totally viable option with grand total of 2 players... thanks for suggestion dumbass.
Oh well, I guess not everything you may like is popular. I love Tribes, shame the series and sub-genre isn't as popular as I wish it was.

Minus the fact that valve barely gives two fucks about the competitive aspect and it's the point of this thread.
They've actually been heavily focusing on it recently, rebalancing almost all the weapons, adding a official in game competitive 6v6 matchmaking mode, asking advice from top level players on game balance, etc etc.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Rising Storm 2 is the only one that allows me to call in an air strike, kill twenty enemies, and win a match all while I eat reheated lasagna in my lap.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

Nice attempt at pretending your not a casual but your going to unironically defend invulnerability mechanic of all things they could have done instead? Not to mention the fucking mercy autoaim heal faggotry that started with that game. I would much rather them do tfc source like dota 2 with a few adjustments instead of ruining a classic. I am not saying it was a bad game but it was definitely a step in the wrong direction.

I mean if you think that ubering and capping is not major decline from double concinc and bunny hopping through entire team and passing the flag kys...

sniff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRrjh8yp5yE

that was my childhood right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSGWfeoLcp8
I haven't even played TF2 in years but whining about uber is retarded. First of all both teams can do it so it's not some sort of one sided advantage. Secondly there are plenty of ways to counter it if you are even remotely aware of how to play: soldiers can knock either the medic or the uber receiver away to break the chain, demoman can do the same especially with sticky grenades, firepower from tier 3 engi turrets can keep the uber users locked in place -- more so if there is more than one t3 turrent up, a spy who is paying attention can just kill the medic before he activates the uber, etc. And of course if the team with the uber knows what they doing they can deal with all these counters themselves. Literally l2p if uber makes you that butthurt.

Also lol at autist always posting these bunny hopping videos. Because the ability to jump around like an ADHD kid on crack ipso facto makes the entire game better, gimme a fucking break. Also as usual the compilation consists of 5 second clips because beyond those 5 seconds the person is constantly fucking up and running into walls while the rest of his team try to play the game normally. As for the second video, everything seen in there can be done in TF2.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
UT4 played really good and that killed me that Fortnite killed it

Niklasgunner

Savant
Depends on how you define competitive, but Squad is the only multiplayer game in recent memory that I have put 1000+ hours into
  • dev team mostly made up of former PR modders
  • large scale tactical shooter without the clunky controls and movement Arma is plagued by
  • 90 player servers, 100 planned for release
  • 10/10 VOIP system and a good community
  • 5 Factions
  • tanks, IFVs, APCs, technicals and bikes, helicopters in development now
  • 12 squad roles / kits
  • player build spawnpoints and fortifications
  • logistic vehicles need to deliver ammunition and supplies to the front
  • you can kill teammates with RPG backblasts and the overpressure zone infront of a MBT gun :lol:
on top of all that it has a higher playercount than RO2, RS2 or Insurgency and is leaving Early Access soon

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
TF2 was fun but I haven;t played it in years.

CS:go is probably the only modern competitive fps I've played and it always had way too many hackers to be enjoyable.

Niklasgunner

Savant
leaving Early Access soon
Never happens.
OWIs dev time is slow as fuck but the only remaining release milestones they set out for themselves are 100 players, the commander and helicopters. The 50vs50 playtest two months ago went well and commander mode is just static artilllery call-ins. Unless they royaly fuck up the Unreal Engine 4.21 upgrade, half a year at most.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom