Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Bundle Ever - KOTOR, SR: HK, Styx, AoD, and more

Skdursh

Savant
All those bundles sold and so far only one review (negative one):

Worm

548 products in account
24 reviews

Not Recommended
0.2 hrs on record

POSTED: 6 DECEMBER
Barely could get through the tutorial. If you think the core problem with Fallout is that the combat needed to be more complex then you'll probably like it.

Edit:
This guy is an interesting fellow, most of his reviews are negative, e.g. he has over 160 h played in Skyrim but still he says that it's a decline over Daggerfall and he wrote about Dark Souls 2: "SO NICE YOU'RE GONNA WANT TO BUY IT TWICE!" and gave it a negative review.
Some people legitimately buy games just so they can give them a negative review and then often refund them. I've noticed more than once people on Steam who will buy a new game, put in about 30 minutes of game time so they can meet the review threshold, shit all over the game in the reviews and then refund it. One guy I caught doing it recently had over 100 negative reviews that followed this exact format and Steam lets them do it as much as they want because of their no-questions-asked refund policy if you've put in less than 2 hours. Not sure if it's quite the same case with this guy or other people who have bought keys elsewhere in bundles and whatnot as I think it's probably more difficult to get a refund, but I wanted to share my anecdote regardless.

Morkar Left

All those bundles sold and so far only one review (negative one):

Worm

548 products in account
24 reviews

Not Recommended
0.2 hrs on record

POSTED: 6 DECEMBER
Barely could get through the tutorial. If you think the core problem with Fallout is that the combat needed to be more complex then you'll probably like it.

Edit:
This guy is an interesting fellow, most of his reviews are negative, e.g. he has over 160 h played in Skyrim but still he says that it's a decline over Daggerfall and he wrote about Dark Souls 2: "SO NICE YOU'RE GONNA WANT TO BUY IT TWICE!" and gave it a negative review.
Some people legitimately buy games just so they can give them a negative review and then often refund them. I've noticed more than once people on Steam who will buy a new game, put in about 30 minutes of game time so they can meet the review threshold, shit all over the game in the reviews and then refund it. One guy I caught doing it recently had over 100 negative reviews that followed this exact format and Steam lets them do it as much as they want because of their no-questions-asked refund policy if you've put in less than 2 hours. Not sure if it's quite the same case with this guy or other people who have bought keys elsewhere in bundles and whatnot as I think it's probably more difficult to get a refund, but I wanted to share my anecdote regardless.

Paid Russian propaganda employees

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Refund Ronin wanders the land in search of the dreaded Metacriticiszer Beast for he shall sharpen his katana in less than two hours and thus deal the killing blow, and should on his path he encounter even Gaben then he shall be cut.

Outmind

Augur
Thanks for the heads up on this bundle, some nice games in there + I'll now finally get to play AoD. Also, these guys used to be BundleStars. Haven't bought anything from them ever since STALKER clear sky was in a bundle back in 2016...

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Do the bundles they have return at one point or are they one time deals, so if the time expired you can never get a specific bundle again?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Do the bundles they have return at one point or are they one time deals, so if the time expired you can never get a specific bundle again?
If I have to guess it's a one time deal as the portal would have to talk the developers/publishers into it and secure the keys all over again. Plus from the marketing perspective, running the exact same bundle is counter productive. I doubt that either Fanatical or KOTOR rights holder would want to do that.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
If I have to guess it's a one time deal as the portal would have to talk the developers/publishers into it and secure the keys all over again. Plus from the marketing perspective, running the exact same bundle is counter productive. I doubt that either Fanatical or KOTOR rights holder would want to do that.
A pity, that one would have been also a good deal
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/fanatical-anthology-fantasy-bundle

Modron

Arcane
Fanatical repeats bundles frequently VoD, granted not saying this current bundle is guaranteed to repeat but that fantasy anthology bundle is a combination of two previous bundles and has already been repeated once, if I am not mistaken, in case you are interested in it Ventilator.

Astral Rag

Arcane
What is so great about this bundle?
I only see a bunch of old games and some low-effort indie garbage.

:troll:

pizza_microwave

Liturgist
If any of you guys never got to try AoD, this is your chance with this bundle. I don't even care about the other games since I tried all of them but none of them stuck with me (sorry Shadowrun and Metal Slugs fans). But AoD is one hell of a game to play and there's no reason you should avoid it.
5 bux is probably the cheapest AoD can go on steam, albeit you get some more (admittedly good) games alongside this precious gem.

Also, let's not speak about the wreck that is HumbleBundle, I personally do not recall the last time there was a game bundle (let alone a GOOD game bundle).

/shill

crazszus

Barely Literate
Styx was such a terrible game... huge disappointment and another proof that the stealth genre is dead. Love me some KotOR 2. Will be checking that site regularly, hoping another deal like this happens. AoD is king!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom