Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ArchAngel

Arcane
This can't be correct, can it? Are lvl 9 Doggos really supposed to have 44 fucking AC and that much "Physical Prowess", "Enhanced Attacks", and "Tough Skin"?

This beast is wrecking shit and putting the rest of my party to shame by almost every metric.

GhZkl53.png

PBZmvjW.png

And if it's wrong, I have no idea how to fix it.

So, due to chronic restarting of the game, this is actually the first time I have reached the coronation event.

And man, is that crown ugly. Like someone bolted a crown to a helmet ugly. Couldn't they have designed something a little more subtle than that? Or at least have it not show on the character, the way most head gear is handled?
If it's really bothering you, get the Visual Adjustments mod. It allows you to hide equipment.

Honestly, why not every game comes with the ability to turn off such things, I'll never know, especially with things that are often visually disruptive, at least, such as cloaks (which always clips and shit) and helmets (which tend to be silly).
This does look like a bug. It is like he is many levels higher. His feats also don't fit. He has Improved Critical, Critical Focus and Staggering Critical already at lvl 9... that is also not possible.

Shadenuat

Arcane
This does look like a bug. It is like he is many levels higher. His feats also don't fit. He has Improved Critical, Critical Focus and Staggering Critical already at lvl 9... that is also not possible.
That's Ekun's or someone else feats showing up. Dog only has 4 Feats.
Stats are broken as well unless he's buffed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I doubt Ekun has use of Improved Critical (bite) :D

Shadenuat

Arcane
I doubt Ekun has use of Improved Critical (bite) :D
It's feats overlapping due to how you check animal stats. It can happen.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
I think the Kingdom part is really adding to the game. Normally, I tend to think: "What is giving me the most XP?" Or at best: "What is most in-character?" But now it's completely different. Like, I don't steal from my subjects. And I prefer options that improve their welfare above my own. I kill the bad people and monsters, but I leave everyone else alone, or help them.

Vulpes

Scholar
Are they planning on announcing any more DLCs or is that it? If so, I'm extremely disappointed

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I can confirm that those feats are definitely his own.

Are they planning on announcing any more DLCs or is that it? If so, I'm extremely disappointed
I'm with you on that. The only thing shown so far that I find appealing is the thiefling - a highly customizable race like aasimar, shame there are no alternate racial traits for other races in the game. Kineticist is a what the fuck option, and other two DLCs do not have the kind of content I'm really looking for: more classes (where the fuck is oracle or witch?), more archetypes, customizable core races, character traits, more spells, more things to play with to make each character truly unique.

Ziggy

Scholar
nah
if randomized dungeon dlc is Good, and accessible outside of campaign, it alone will be enough for years
what they should be working on is the next game, another adventure path adaptation

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I'm with you on that. The only thing shown so far that I find appealing is the thiefling - a highly customizable race like aasimar, shame there are no alternate racial traits for other races in the game. Kineticist is a what the fuck option, and other two DLCs do not have the kind of content I'm really looking for: more classes (where the fuck is oracle or witch?), more archetypes, customizable core races, character traits, more spells, more things to play with to make each character truly unique.
I would also really like some of the hybrid classes included, like Bloodrager and Arcanist. Most of my enjoyment in this game comes from character creation, so Summoner would double the fun as well.

PrettyDeadman

I want modders tools and then they can fuck off as I port every thing I care about over.
You can decompile the game via ilspy or similar tool and make injectable modules via harmony.
Extracting / injecting resources seems a bit less convenient but its doable too.

ArchAngel

Arcane
nah
if randomized dungeon dlc is Good, and accessible outside of campaign, it alone will be enough for years
what they should be working on is the next game, another adventure path adaptation
What they should be working on is patches and improvements so this game finally exits beta and reaches release state. With 1.1 they exited Alpha but they need to continue.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Or everyone either beat it and/or are waiting for the dlc drop in three days. I'm sure there will be pages about 'muh tiefling waifu'. I just hope she's a councilor so I can murder Tristian with even more impunity.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Or everyone either beat it and/or are waiting for the dlc drop in three days. I'm sure there will be pages about 'muh tiefling waifu'. I just hope she's a councilor so I can murder Tristian with even more impunity.

Seeing the other romance options I dread what Owlcat will make of a tiefling.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I wonder about the availability of Lead Blades wands. Sure you get one in.. Sycamore, I think? With 17 charges. Nice, but hardly possible to build a strategy around those 17 charges. Can you buy/find more?

I was thinking about a Bastard Sword Sword Saint. With Lead Blades a Bastard Sword does 2d8 damage and with Enlarge that grows to 3d8. Now the Sword Saint level 4 ability, Perfect Strike, lets him burn Arcane Pool points to maximize weapon damage (plus burn more to increase critical multiplier). Would be pretty sweet to do guaranteed 24 base weapon damage at level 4, before modifiers or crits.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
As far as I know, Slashing Grace makes Bastard sword use Dex for attack and damage.
Although I was thinking of maybe a somewhat balanced Dex/Str build (with level up points going into Strenght) to be able to take advantage of Enlarge and eventually Legendary Proportions. A Sword Saint with a monk level should still be more tanky then other magus archetypes, which wear armor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom