Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Deflowerer

Arcane
It is important to note that none of the protagonists in Yakuza games will be actual yakuza, ever. It will always be such that whoever is a member of the yakuza, as far as the game is concerned, he will be exiled / fallen from grace.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
And in case of Ichiban, he's basically in the same position as Kiryu back in Yakuza 1, in that he's been in jail since 2001 and he resigned from the yakuza at the behest of his boss.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuck no that dancing minigame was absolute hell, worst minigame by far

Modron

Arcane
The disco dancing and mahjong mini-games gave me ptsd on my 100% run of yakuza 0.

Edit: I completely forgot about the Catfighting mini-game :despair:

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It is important to note that none of the protagonists in Yakuza games will be actual yakuza, ever. It will always be such that whoever is a member of the yakuza, as far as the game is concerned, he will be exiled / fallen from grace.
And in case of Ichiban, he's basically in the same position as Kiryu back in Yakuza 1, in that he's been in jail since 2001 and he resigned from the yakuza at the behest of his boss.
Well.. it's not like the game series is even called Yakuza in Japan. These aren't games specifically about the Yakuza, just people who have ties to them.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Yes, I know, but it was intended as a reply to someone above who wanted to have an experience of doing low-level thug assignments in the next game, but which will never be featured in these games.

Vaarna_Aarne

The maximum is pretty much how it was in Yakuza 0, where we get to (partially) see Kiryu do one debt collection job and express distaste in it, after that we are too busy getting to learn why he's known as the Dragon of Dojima.

But yea, low level thug stuff is never going to happen, since Nagoshi would never allow it. We are talking about a man who doesn't like Grand Theft Auto because it makes him feel morally uneasy, because he doesn't think it's right to treat killing or criminal activity as a source of fun. This really shouldn't be a surprising stance, considering Yakuza is probably the most idealist and moralist game series around.

(Though Majima when you play him in his little side story in Kiwami 2 IS actual yakuza, though Majima being Majima he is also unlike any yakuza)

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
These games always make me smile.
AMtwWr.png

Modron

Arcane
Considering the base price of the game was $20, quickest preorder for me ever, the amount humble gives them can't be that worse than a deep discount.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It was less than 10$ at release here. Almost 10 fucking times less than Valkyria Chronicles 4. SEGA...

Terra

Cipher
Yeah I don't know what exactly Sega was thinking with that base price for Valk 4. Might be a new retarded policy though, I recall Total War Three Kingdoms is in retardo price land too. Luckily, most stuff can still be picked up for sane prices even prior to launch if you shop around the legit key resellers - Voidu tends to be the cheapest lately for me but you are reliant on some kind of discount code being active in these cases.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I think it's more important for Sega to get the game around as much as possible. Most people really like Yakuza 0, a lot of people just don't know about it. Hopefully it gets more exposure through this bundle.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Yeah I don't know what exactly Sega was thinking with that base price for Valk 4. Might be a new retarded policy though, I recall Total War Three Kingdoms is in retardo price land too. Luckily, most stuff can still be picked up for sane prices even prior to launch if you shop around the legit key resellers - Voidu tends to be the cheapest lately for me but you are reliant on some kind of discount code being active in these cases.

Platform price parity, my man. You're gonna feel that more and more as new releases come out simultaneously to all relevant platforms. Look no further than Disgaea 5 Complete which is [still] priced at 40€. Why? Switch port.

Jinn

Arcane
Absolutely perfect timing. I just finished up my 110 hour run of Yakuza 0 last week, so it'll give me a little time off for the craving to build up again (I can already feel it building though), then I can jump right back in to the Kamurocho life. God do I love these games.

Here's hoping Kiwami 2 and the rest of the series is soon to follow!

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Personally I'm hoping for the international release announcement for Yakuza 3-5 PS4 remasters, though Ishin! and Kenzan international release would be mmwah too.

EDIT: Yes it is, albeit personally I liked Yakuza 6 a bit better thanks to the storyline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom