Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

RoSoDude

Arcane
Do the current modding capabilities of Prey only extend themselves to tweaking numbers in configs? One thing I always wanted to implement is inventory upgrades through finding them throughout the station rather than upgrading them via a skill tree. It makes no sense that something like inventory space which is so essential to the unavoidable space hoarder playstyle enforced by the game is presented as a 'choice' in the skill trees. Like there really is one in this case.
It's all config edits, but not restricted purely to number tweaking. You can add or remove certain signals to Neuromod skills and chipsets and such to change what they upgrade and to what degree. The best I can think to do right now is to make it part of a suit chipset rather than a Neuromod skill, which is suboptimal for many reasons. I'm not sure if you can really implement new items (and almost positive that you can't edit the physical location of items within maps), but there may be some workaround. I do agree though -- while inventory space isn't the prime real estate it is in Deus Ex/SS2/Resident Evil, the upgrade "choice" is still a no-brainer to avoid tedium when recycling trash. To be fair, I didn't get any inventory space upgrades in my last playthrough, and that did preclude me from carrying around the Q-beam and the nerf gun, but weapon choice is already so nearly unsalvageable that I don't see this is an actual positive for the inventory space skills.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://old.reddit.com/r/prey/comments/a2t05a/prey_typhon_hunter_multiplayer_prerelease/

Announced in today's Mooncrash Monday stream, release information on the free multiplayer update to owners of PREY: Mooncrash; Typhon Hunter, will be coming very soon. Here's what we know about it so far.

Typhon Hunter Details

The mode is a 5v1 game of hide'n'seek with a horrifying twist. One person takes on the role of the lone Morgan Yu, while five other players wreak mischief as the iconic shape-shifting mimics. They are free to transform into any of the many physics objects scattered around the currently unknown location(s?) of this mode. Morgan's goal is to find all five Mimics and kill them before the timer runs out, and the Mimics, their goal is to outlast Morgan. They have about 20 seconds to find a convincing spot to hide in, before Morgan is dropped into the game. Morgan is initially armed with a single wrench, but may run into a silenced pistol or special mimic-detecting psychoscope along the way. All object locations have been seeded to be a little bit random every time you play, so no experience will be quite the same. The matchmaking has been confirmed to be peer-to-peer and IT WILL STILL BE COMING OUT BEFORE THE END OF 2018!

Discord Server Reminder

We have Discord server in place for a way of fans of Prey to connect in a way that isn't quite possible here on reddit, and with Typhon Hunter dropping soon it's going to be more useful than ever. With several dedicated text and voice channels, you'll be able to chat instantaneously with fellow enthusiasts and hunters alike, with a special role that lets you quickly notify anyone up for a game. I look forward to meeting and hopefully playing with some of you! Join us using this link: https://discordapp.com/invite/ZWZJNgt. Make sure to share it around!

Special New VR Experiences

Owners of a VR headset will also be pleased to hear that along with Typhon Hunter being fully playable in Virtual Reality, several exclusive "Transtar VR escape rooms" starting with one set inside Morgan's Office, will be included in the same Mooncrash package. These locations are also specially made, and feature plenty of fun puzzles and objects for you to interact with.

So, share your excitement, opinions and any questions yu might have in the comments of this thread!

Hines

Savant
Typhon Hunter will probably be shadow dropped tomorrow during the Game Awards. :|

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This has no place in the doritoTGA. The update is coming December 11th:

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3GOeNbl9yEuGgoKG82eSmQ/untitled-entry-2018-11-30-at-02-44-14

Prey: Mooncrash – Typhon Hunter Coming Soon

The free multiplayer Typhon Hunter update to Prey: Mooncrash is just around the corner. On December 11, you’ll be able to experience the game in a completely new way – with other people!

The free multiplayer Typhon Hunter update to Prey: Mooncrash is just around the corner. On December 11, you’ll be able to experience the game in a completely new way – with other people! Take the tense, treacherous world of Prey, throw in some asymmetrical multiplayer, and you’ve got a recipe for some serious jump scares. In addition to Typhon Hunter, the TranStar VR escape room mode will also be available on December 11. Check out the new Typhon Hunter trailer, and get more details on the new modes below.

TYPHON HUNTER
Imagine playing hide-and-seek. Now, imagine that your friends who are hiding from you are actually killer aliens. That’s the new Typhon Hunter multiplayer mode. One person hops into a match as Morgan Yu, and up to five others will play as shape-shifting Mimics. When your opponent can transform into nearly any object in your world, even the most mundane thing is a potential threat.

Prey_TyphonHunter_MP.png

Each match begins with a period of prep time that the Mimic players can use to strategize, hide or prepare for an ambush. After that, the hunt is on. Morgan’s goal is simple: Kill all the Mimics before the time runs out, using only a Wrench or Pistol. The Mimics must stay alive however they can. They can stay hidden and wait it out, or they can try to take Morgan down.
Going on the offensive is risky for the Mimics, as they only have one life. But killing Morgan runs down the clock and gives the Mimics a bit of time to regroup while they wait for Morgan to respawn. As the Mimics, you’ll be able to use the environment to confound and surround the opposing player. There are endless strategies and places to hide in familiar Talos I locations like the Yellow Tulip Karaoke Bar or Morgan’s office.

Prey_TyphonHunter_MP2.png

Typhon Hunter will also be playable in VR, which will release as a free update to the game in early 2019.

TRANSTAR VR
TranStar VR is a single-player escape room mode designed exclusively for VR, and it is included in the Typhon Hunter update. Set just days before the events of Prey, TranStar VR puts you in the shoes of various TranStar employees, solving puzzles in some of the most memorable locations on Talos I. Each map will have its own unique story and objective.

MORGAN’S OFFICE
Play as Morgan Yu in this map, testing a prototype for a new invention called the Nullwave Device. This device may be the key to protecting humanity from the Typhon aliens, but you’ll need to use all the available scientific gadgetry in the correct sequence to get it working.

Prey_TyphonHunter_MorgansOffice.png

SIM LABS
In the Sim Labs you are Dr. Calvino, the genius behind the Looking Glass technology. It’s with this tech that you will convince Morgan Yu he is still in his apartment on Earth – but there are some kinks to work out and you’re the only person who can fix them.

Prey_TyphonHunter_SimLabs.png

YELLOW TULIP
As Abigail Foy, you receive a message from Danielle Sho asking you to meet her at the Yellow Tulip after hours. But the Yellow Tulip is empty when you arrive, and all you can find is a mysterious sequence of clues and puzzles for you to follow. Who knows what’s really waiting for you?

Prey_TyphonHunter_YellowTulip.png

As an added bonus, the TranStar VR mode also grants you VR access to the expanded TranStar Museum, inspired by the museum in the Talos I lobby. From spacesuits and Neuromods, to weapons and several Typhon aliens, this is your chance to get a very up-close-and-personal look at some of the most memorable props from the game. While in the museum, you can also take an interactive tour and learn about the history of TranStar and Talos I, all told through a TranStar lens, of course.

Typhon Hunter and TranStar VR are both free updates to the Prey: Mooncrash DLC or the Prey: Digital Deluxe edition, both of which are available now.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My guess would be taking stuff for granted, and it finally caught up with them and now they are in total chock.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Bought base game.
I got a headache.
Any setting I can change to make headache go away?

A horse of course

I was poking around the reviews focusing entirely on the VR stuff and I'm getting mixed signals. Since it's "only" about 8gb as a separate download, I'll try to give it a whirl on my HTC Vive tomorrow.

RoSoDude

Arcane
They should post the beta combat theme already, along with instructions to use it in-game, it was way less annoying than the final version.
Do you have some footage that featured the beta music? I remember it being different, but I don't know where to look. There was this 8 minutes of gameplay shown in December 2016, but combat with the Phantom is brief and sonically chaotic, and the Mimics just have a bunch of placeholder musical stings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom