Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lick or Litch?

How do you pronounce Lich?

• Litch

Votes: 154 83.2%
  • Lick

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • King Komrade

Votes: 25 13.5%

• Total voters
Codex Year of the Donut
I've never heard anyone pronounce it lick. I always thought the pronunciation question was between litch and liche, like a quiche.
just realized I have no idea how to pronounce quiche
don't think it's a very popular food in USA, is it?

Murk

Arcane
Quiche is pronounced with a "sh" sound tho, where-as I've always heard "lich" with an "itch" sound, except for one game that pronounced it "likh" (original sin 2 I think?).

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
I pronounce it like this:
Flasche_Licher_Pilsner_2012_ed0e744ae2.jpg

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
From an English perspective Litch makes the most sense, I guess. However, the question was how do I pronounce it and I pronounce it in a German manner with the typical way the ch- consonant cluster is pronounced in German.
If you want to hear it just google something like "pronunciation german Ich" and then imagine an L at the beginning.

What did the Dreadlord in Secret of the Silver Blades say when asked how to pronounce lich?

Nothing!

Because our party's cleric cast Silence 15' Radius on himself, and then moved next to the Dreadlord, thus preventing the lich from casting any magic.

He's actually immune to the spell, just very socially awkward and not used to having someone standing so close.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
So I was lich walking down the street and this guy lich TOTALLY started staring at me and I was lich OH MY GOD PLEASE STAWP so we lich kept walking and I lich texted my friend and she lich said he could totally lich be a stalker KEEP WALKING and it was lich kind of creepy and stuff

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom