Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
deadfire - the game where everything is half-assed and incomplete

except for the graphics; aren't they pretty

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why the fuck would you torture yourself replaying the first game when it's worse at literally everything except for maybe the soundtrack.
In hindsight, that's a good question. At first I wanted to try the Bleak Walker and I enjoyed it up to the end of WM, then I didn't play it for quite a while due to base game being very shit. After that, I moved to Germany and I didn't have internet for like one week, so I decided to continue it. Then I was in too deep, WM2 isn't bad. And now I have a save ready for DF.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
deadfire - the game where everything is half-assed and incomplete

except for the graphics; aren't they pretty
It's strange to see Obsidian in the role where the technical aspects are ahead of the creative ones, but at this point, this is owed only to the creative

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I never once thought "naval battle system" should have been a core feature of Deadfire. Why would I? Simply having a ship as a way to move around is enough. I would expect ships in a pirate-theme game, but naval aspects? Not really. This isn't Microsoft Ship Simulator X.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No time, huh. Remember when Brandon and Chris said Josh shouldn't write because it was a distraction from his other tasks, maybe they were on to something there.

Feargus was right for once. It's the sort of thing that many people would expect, and it could've been a cool feature if done right. Sawyer wants to shift the blame (as usual), but his "lack of time" was self-inflicted.

It doesn't like he wasn't the only one whose extra time would have been needed:

no one really had time to conceive a new system, design new interfaces, create the interfaces based on the new spec, etc.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The challenge that polymorphs your party into monsters somehow deleted the unique wand I had equipped on my Watcher, which I didn't notice until two encounters later

I reported this bug 3 months ago, while implementing Eye and Hand of Vecna into the game. I had an amazing ideia for a permanent polymorph, but I had to drop it, because of this bug.

Obsidian never changes

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyway, here's the source for that post: https://badgame.net/index.php?topic=53254.msg13507024#msg13507024

6KR119A.png

:lol:

P.S. Sorry badgamers, Roguey made me look. Blame Roguey.

Elex

Arbiter
I never once thought "naval battle system" should have been a core feature of Deadfire. Why would I? Simply having a ship as a way to move around is enough. I would expect ships in a pirate-theme game, but naval aspects? Not really. This isn't Microsoft Ship Simulator X.
from an rpg with ship i expect something like divinity original sin II

Quillon

Arcane
Done with SSS (thought not all optional fights, are they worth playing?).

There's couple of great ones and couple of shit ones. I think Steam guides there's a map with locations of all artifacts if you can't be arsed figuring out the clues on your own.

Edit: - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1523535234

Do those start to appear after you visit the DLC content? I looked for the guy in kraken's eye after starting a new game, he wasn't there. Would'a been nice to stumble upon artifacts beforehand :/

Last edited:

Ulfhednar

Savant
I looked for the guy in kranken's eye after starting a new game, he wasn't there. Would'a been nice to stumble upon artifacts beforehand :/
I played SSS on an old save, and was wondering if these could be discovered naturally in a new game. They're just fetch quests in the worst way otherwise.

2house2fly

Magister
It's a shame you can't get them before going to Kazuwari, but since part of their function is to allow you to level up the soulbound weapons you get towards the end of the DLC's main quest you should actually probably get them after the critical path is done with

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I feel like replaying this.
Have they fixed all the broken quest strings (mostly the slaver problem, as i recall) and the broken companions interactions ?

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
https://steamcommunity.com/games/560130/announcements/detail/3417567691609234356

The Forgotten Sanctum DLC is now available along with Update 4.0
13 DECEMBER - OEI_AARIK

The time has arrived for you Watcher. Will you have what it takes to enter The Forgotten Sanctum?

508e3bd9c569a7eddf56279c0f9e8021110cdc16.jpg

Greetings Watchers!

Update 4.0.0 is now live along with our last paid DLC The Forgotten Sanctum for the Season Pass.

Please head over to our forums to read up on all the latest features and bug fixes for this update!

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/107151-patch-notes-for-400/

Last edited by a moderator:
Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Deadfire got a huge boost in review score from the autumn sale.

Recent reviews are 95% overwhelmingly positive, 165 of which are from the past three days. Overall user review score jumped nearly 2%.
Game is too boring to write a review, but at least you reminded me to rate it 3/5, thanks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom