Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Book of Demons - clicker diablo wannabe

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Also, seriously, what's with people who's not even 40 already balding that much? Is this another American lifestyle we outsiders knew nothing about?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
This has good reviews on Steam and I've had it on my wishlist for at least 5000 years. BUT IS IT ANY GOOD?

Played the demo: Meh! Not a bad game, but nothing of interest either. There is already a Diablo 1 engine remake which is quite good. I recommend that instead.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's a demo of it. It plays like a phone game. Okay, but not worth the price they want for it.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Also, seriously, what's with people who's not even 40 already balding that much? Is this another American lifestyle we outsiders knew nothing about?

Don't know, I still have the hairline of prime Fabio.

Looks like people who bought Book of Demons in early access got a 66% off coupon that they can trade to others, which makes Book of Demons with the current sale around $7. After trying the demo I was holding off since it seemed super fucking casual (Although possibly enjoyably casual) but for $7 I'm in, easy peasy.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I never touched this game or knew of its existence and I got a 66% off coupon code earlier.

Also have no idea if I'll ever care enough to try it. From the looks of it, it's Diablo 1 without anything that makes Diablo 1 cool and also does that "USE CARDS AS ATTACKS!!!" shit that's becoming a hot thing today.

It also "respects my time" and wants to make gameplay "comforting." That sounds really stupid, I can imagine this was made by someone that likely has a pathetic manbun and wears flip flops.

Why would I ever play a pop-up child's book of a game that has been done better and actually has animation to it? What a piece of shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Can you do this?

290.jpg

or this?

Diablo 2 remains King.

In all of two hours played on "Roguelike" difficulty and I've been having a surprising amount of fun. Healing's pretty precious and it's often worth running back to cleared dungeon floors to use fountains, not to mention bopping back to down to get a shot in the ass from the cleric. Can't buy healing potion charges (Which is questionable as fuck) but you can kinda get around that because you CAN buy charges for invisibility potion which is effectively the same as health pots for most uses I've seen (Biggest killers are monster gangbangs on the other side of doors. Health potion lets you tank it, invis lets you bop in and start fucking them before they can react) so it's not too bad.

Biggest issue is it's a hell of a lot more Diablo 1 than 2 or 3, in that there isn't much build variety (Thus far anyway) since you're mostly just reliant on whatever you randomly pick up. I imagine that'll expand with more time of course but I'm still pretty leery on build variety. But then again for $7 what the fuck, don't feel that compelled to get hundreds of hours out of it.

Edit: Actually another brief positive, money seems surprisingly valuable. You want it to buy charges for your potions/bombs, you want it to upgrade things, you want it for healing (On roguelike at least), you want it for the cauldron, you want it to ID cards. I assume once again I'll reach a point where that's no longer the case, but it's nice that it isn't just complete trash which the Diablo series is usually fairly guilty of.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So you can get the game for 6€ if you have Darkest Dungeon or otherwise got your hands on that 66% coupon paired with game's release discount.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom