Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #59: The Forgotten Sanctum Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - The Forgotten Sanctum

Although it might be overlooked in the wake of The Outer Worlds' announcement, today Obsidian released The Forgotten Sanctum, the third and final expansion DLC for Pillars of Eternity II. We already learned a good deal about The Forgotten Sanctum in last month's Fig update, but now there's finally a trailer. It's narrated by the archmage Maura, who appears to be up to no good.

Alongside the core content of the expansion, Obsidian's team of youngsters have also added something called the Critter Cleaver, a Doctor Moreau-esque contraption that allows you to vivisect and recombine your pets. Josh Sawyer is suitably horrified by what his underlings have created. You can read more about it in the new Fig update, which also has a bunch of new screenshots and the latest details about the expansion's accompanying Patch 4.0. I'll quote the parts that have changed from last month's update:

Patch 4.0

Thanks to all the wonderful Watchers who participated in the Beta test, the Deadfire team is proud to release patch 4.0 alongside "The Forgotten Sanctum". Check out the full list!
  • One additional sub-class per class:
    • Tactician (Fighter)
    • Furyshaper (Barbarian)
    • Debonaire (Rogue)
    • Steel Garrote (Paladin)
    • Arcane Archer (Ranger)
    • Forbidden Fist (Monk)
    • Bellower (Chanter)
    • Priest of Woedica (Priest)
    • Ancient (Druid)
    • Blood Mage (Wizard)
    • Psion (Cipher)
  • Two new Mega Bosses
    • The Arcane Savant, Sigilmaster Auranic - Don't judge this megaboss by her size - Auranic may just be the most powerful wizard the Watcher has had the misfortune to face.
    • The Helfire Construct, Dorudugan - This construct comes wreathed in flame and comes crashing down to face any who dare face it.
There's a tone of finality to this update, which also includes a full list of all the major updates Pillars II has received since it was released in May. However, there have been rumors of an additional secret god challenge mode that doesn't appear to have been added to the game, and the console port is coming out next year, so perhaps we haven't seen our last Fig update quite yet. The Forgotten Sanctum is available now on Steam and GOG for the usual price of $10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Dumpsterfire's hype burns not so bright
There are the muffled screams of shills in the night.
Infi tries to earn niggard buck, but Obsi has only peanuts.
Shill and shill, post and post, up Dumpsterfire into Holocaust.
Pray to be noticed by devs, anoint your head for future conquest
Of vast and terrible Twitter demesne, oh Once and Future King.

Last edited:
Can you smash all the pets together? What happens if you smash all the pets together?

EFMIabomination.png

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finally, the game is done, I have been waiting for this (altohugh I expect more patches to appear). And 40% off for Obisidian Edition at GOG winter sale is good timing too.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, but even after 3 DLCs, we're still stuck with that crappy ending...

This DLC is actually supposed to modify the ending somewhat or add a new ending (although I doubt it's that big of a change)

Axie

Scholar
How many of you actually play this? Me, I came to that biggest city, D-something, in Pillars One and left it for good. Pirated second, installed and quit after cca 20 mins.

From original Pillars I remember the soulless children, tree with hanged people in a village centre, some local baron who is bad but maybe good or did bad thing but because of good cause or at least subjectively good cause and I had to kill him, but then some even worse baron might came IIRC. But whatever I chose I had to kill him (was it XP or smth else, not sure).
Then I strolled few more zones here and there, shit-tone of loading screens (and other slow things — basically everything fast and snappy I liked from Baldur's saga, here was opposite).
Oh then that city, sewers, city zones and factions but not really factions because same shit eventually and then I quit. Later heard/read that was close/end of second Act and one more was to come. And also I apparently missed some dragon or dragons.

Will do what I do with films: wait 5-10 years, and if stands that time-test will give it a(nother) go. There are too many other stuff competing our time. Even 2 (6) hours lurking in obscure free-speech-RPG-forum, while simultaneously switching to ZeroHedge and other questionable Pentagram-unapproved sites is hyper-incline compared to that Pillars One experience.

Anyway, do you enjoy it people? In, let us say percents of enjoyment, compared to UR/AoD where are you at? And I am not counting (shit-)posting about it. Just pure playtime.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom