Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be precise, shoulder armor in general isn't the issue. It's these colossal shoulder pads that weigh about 200 pounds and you could park your car inside them. None of these guys from the classic games have shoulder pads twice as big as their head.

Mustawd

It’s shoulder pads that look like they belong in Madden. Or soccer ball shoulderpads.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There they go again, like those armors weren't complete non-sense in every other way.
Sure, but for me these shoulder pads are
camel.png

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
facebook

"MAILBAG TIME! Questions for lead designer Julian Gollop about Phoenix Point? Ask them in the comments below. A new video response will be released in the new year."
48428308_768715446842031_5853055519727550464_n.png

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I can't get rid of the feeling that people who cheer and happy about physical rewards like bags or shirts or pieces of dev's clipped nails are like kids from "special" schools where they are awarded with GOOD BOY badges.
Only gameplay matters.

Higher Game

Arcane
I can't get rid of the feeling that people who cheer and happy about physical rewards like bags or shirts or pieces of dev's clipped nails are like kids from "special" schools where they are awarded with GOOD BOY badges.
Only gameplay matters.

You sound like a loser who never got any good boy badges.

Zombra

Patron
Only gameplay matters.
You sound like a loser who never got any good boy badges.
He sounds to me more like someone who thinks the Phoenix Point mail bag is an actual physical object.
iseewhatyoudid.png

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Only gameplay matters.

Leaving alone the bags and shirts part, physical rewards as a whole of a collectors edition for example, they're appreciated by some because there is something tangible translated from the digital world to the physical world, something to display or to browse in the case of a book.
Having something like an art book that you can hold and that does not depend if electricity or internet are available, is something attractive.

Of course gameplay matters and good gameplay of a game dictates how much sought after are the physical rewards of that said game.

Also in the last years where digitized distribution of games is king, the number of old boxed games collectors increased in number and those games have become a physical reward in themselves that sell at high prices.

And if there will ever be clipped dev nails as a physical reward, there will be someone to buy it, not because they're kids from special schools but because there is a possibility that those nails will sell tenfold in a decade.

Last edited:

orcinator

Liturgist
Shoulder pads are love, shoulder pads are life.

The real problem with that heavy armor is that it's busy as fuck, especially because all the little dumb details that seem to serve no practical use are painted different colors as if the modeler was trying to show off how much time he put into it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom