Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jinn

Arcane
Very exciting news!

19 December - Release!
DECEMBER 15 - ATOMTEAM
031b6d67059cd7179aa44d73eec37734bd4e00cb.jpg

Greetings, friends!

It’s time to make a very important announcement! After a year of work spent in Early Access we can finally name the release date for ATOM RPG! It’s going to be the 19th of december, 2018, when we’ll finish polishing the game mechanics, testing of new content, error fixing, and will finalize the main questline of the game.

The fact that we’re releasing the game, though, does not mean that we’re stopping development. ATOM is still going to receive a lot of free additional content way after the release date.

Now, a quick summary of the things you’ll be getting in 1.0:

• We added a third global map that was needed to finish the game’s main storyline. It’s a place called the “Dead city” - a forgotten, mutant-ridden metropolis that was destroyed by nuclear warheads. After this place was finished, we loved it so much, we’re currently planning on expanding it in future updates! Hope you’ll enjoy it too!
  • We added new NPCs and quests.
  • An ability to roam the Wastes in a car of your own!
  • New dungeons including an experimental-AI-run secret Bunker.
  • New traits available on character creation.
  • New cinematic that will show off how you impacted the Wasteland.
And last, but not least… As we the developers, and you, the players, already know, this game we dreamt of creating for all those years, would never be possible without your trust. This is why we decided to add a bonus “veteran’s kit” for all who bought and played ATOM while it was still Early Access. Thank you for believing in us.

Now then, we’re off to make the final preparations. Feel free to ask any questions.

Let there be ATOM!

Next week!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's cool and all, but what about visibility? Isn't the sale coming up? I'm not a master marketer, but they should have pushed back the release for a month.

Jinn

Arcane
I'm pretty sure the 19th is prior to the beginning of the sale, right? The main concern seems to be releasing during or right after it. Seems like the best option right now besides waiting another month or two, while staying true to their commitment to their supporters of releasing this year. Honesty with their community seems to be a large and admirable quality in these guys, so I think it was important to them to actually make a 2018 release.

That being said, I do very much hope it isn't too close to sale time. Should give them a few days at least, I think.

ADL

Prophet
ATOM dev I'm really reluctant to buy anything on Steam these days. Any plans for a GOG release and if so, would you guys pursue GOG Connect or give out GOG keys to Steam buyers who request them? I want to :d1p: but I also want it on my favorite storefront.

Skdursh

Savant
Oh hell yeah, this is finally getting a full-release? I bought into early access about a year ago but haven't played it yet at all beyond the first town.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Dont want to wait until CDPR come out of their asses so i just bought the game on steam. GOG connect would be really neat though.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
A lot of people are being too negative about the games release date in relation to the steam sale..

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Thi...ect_of_Steam_Sales_on_nondiscounted_games.php

The general increase in traffic combined with Valve pushing people to go through their Discovery Queues means the game might have more eyes upon it than you guys think. Also the increase in people looking at Steam can mean more people seeing it on their front page (since Valve tries to tailor to genres/games like what you already play.

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm of the opinion that unless it's a very big title marketed towards people who receive games as gifts(that is, the adolescent market) then the release date barely matters.

When I first played F2, I was a teen, and many jokes and references just flew over my head - many, but not all. Even someone who isn't familiar with jokes and (for the lack of the better word) memes gets that that was the joke and/or meme. It's just not always funny in itself. Still, the less serious nature of the game never bothered me, although I think it was because I played F1 years after F2. Yet here I'm somewhat nervous, my carefree youth is way behind me, so if the game if joke-y on the level of Divinity Original Sin, than I probably won't play it. Still bought it on Steam a while ago though, gotta support the dream of Russian Fallout.

Vityaz

Augur
So I bought the game and one of the portraits I can choose from is the guy who played Genghis Khan in Mongol.

XKiLXuf.jpg

Not bad.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
Very exciting news!

19 December - Release!
DECEMBER 15 - ATOMTEAM
031b6d67059cd7179aa44d73eec37734bd4e00cb.jpg

Greetings, friends!

It’s time to make a very important announcement! After a year of work spent in Early Access we can finally name the release date for ATOM RPG! It’s going to be the 19th of december, 2018, when we’ll finish polishing the game mechanics, testing of new content, error fixing, and will finalize the main questline of the game.

The fact that we’re releasing the game, though, does not mean that we’re stopping development. ATOM is still going to receive a lot of free additional content way after the release date.

Now, a quick summary of the things you’ll be getting in 1.0:

• We added a third global map that was needed to finish the game’s main storyline. It’s a place called the “Dead city” - a forgotten, mutant-ridden metropolis that was destroyed by nuclear warheads. After this place was finished, we loved it so much, we’re currently planning on expanding it in future updates! Hope you’ll enjoy it too!
  • We added new NPCs and quests.
  • An ability to roam the Wastes in a car of your own!
  • New dungeons including an experimental-AI-run secret Bunker.
  • New traits available on character creation.
  • New cinematic that will show off how you impacted the Wasteland.
And last, but not least… As we the developers, and you, the players, already know, this game we dreamt of creating for all those years, would never be possible without your trust. This is why we decided to add a bonus “veteran’s kit” for all who bought and played ATOM while it was still Early Access. Thank you for believing in us.

Now then, we’re off to make the final preparations. Feel free to ask any questions.

Let there be ATOM!

Next week!
Jinn, please, don't post the news, because I've got some flashbacks when you posts those Insomnia 'updates' in sarcastic manner. So when I see your name and "Very exciting news!" next to it, my heart actually skipped a beat. I don't want to be hurt any further than that :negative:

bataille

Arcane
So I bought the game and apparently, one of the portraits I can choose from is the guy who played Genghis in Mongol.

XKiLXuf.jpg

Not bad.

Oh, you have no idea. If you're a wizard in popular culture, you're in for a treat.

Jinn

Arcane
Jinn, please, don't post the news, because I've got some flashbacks when you posts those Insomnia 'updates' in sarcastic manner. So when I see your name and "Very exciting news!" next to it, my heart actually skipped a beat. I don't want to be hurt any further than that :negative:

I promise I will not hurt again. The cycle of abuse stops here! Insomnia was a special case.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

I have a few more questions...

Is there an evil or bad route through the game? I noticed in the Matt Chat interview you said rude characters may miss out on some quests or options, so will there be rude-only quests as well? I.e. new content that opens up for a bad/evil/rude character too?

Also, is Strength determined to Intimidate in dialogue, or is that part of Personality? I always like when other attributes are checked for other skills, so they don't become dump stats for a talking-heavy character...

Mud'

Scholar
Hey guys! This is really fascinating, but I'm busy as hell so I can't get into the fun historical debate :( Sorry about that. Looks really fun and thought-provoking, as any nice codex thread should!

Anyway!

First matter of business:

No! What are we, monsters? We won't even ask money for the first couple of DLCs! We'll get greedy after a few successful games around 2030, don't worry, but this time it's more about proving ourselves to the world, than getting rich quick (although that's also a welcome outcome), so the full game will cost as much as the EA. Can't say anything about the GOG price, since we were told to start talking to GOG only after the release. But I think it will be the same as on Steam? Maybe? I have no idea about their price politics. Too early to think about that. Don't quote me!

God damn it, my first and only burnout for Kickstarter game and any type of "X game spiritual successor" was Wasteland 2 and i was disappointed as hell and still needed more fix of Fallout (after Nevada and 1.5 i was doing pretty OK), i am pulling the trigger on this game after reading this.

But i have to ask, how are the DLC going to work? Are they going to be like quests that get added mid playthough?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom