Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Wunderbar

Arcane
pQBvrB7.png
cursed image.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bethesda QA out in full force:

Robot armies, inability to leave the game...

And I thought this topic was all but done.

It is as if the train has been derailed and wrecked already, but the robotic workers just keep throwing more coal into the fires. So the train continues its path of destruction through the countryside...

RapineDel

Augur
The latest is the new Christmas emote pack. It costs 1200 Atoms ($15USD) and when you use the emote your character simply performs one of the already existing emotes in the game, the new emote icon is simply displayed above your head despite nothing else changing.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Just give it some more time. The day they announce an expansion featuring actual NPCs and dialogs (you know this is bound to happen), then the entire gaming press and fanbase will be all over it again (that too).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Just give it some more time. The day they announce an expansion featuring actual NPCs and dialogs (you know this is bound to happen), then the entire gaming press and fanbase will be all over it again (that too).
More likely they will simply make it F2P because no one is going to be paying an upfront cost for this train wreck.

Turjan

Arcane
elp0munqp9c01.jpg

And don't forget they also brought us this thing.
It seemed to not have been that popular, because they gave that horse armor away for free at some point.

I guess not everyone appreciates an armor that neighs.

For research purposes:

Last edited:

Father Foreskin

Learned
TES6 will be just FO76 with swords. The bad reception means nothing, zenimax can buy a better one next time. They arent testing if they can get away with this bullshit, they can safely ignore the noise.
This piece of shit is good platform for microtransactions and its un-pirateable. It would be stupid for them not continue this way. Also FO76 is probably highly profitable.

"With Fallout 76 we made a lot of mistakes. You can rest assured your voice has been heard. We have developed the engine further, deepened quality assurance and developed a system where the narrative is delivered through scrolls". -Todd in year 2020 (99/100 on IGN before release)

paintinggrey

Scholar
holy shit, I have never seen a game from a AAA developer released a month and half ago reduce so much in price.

Right now
PC -£14
PS4 - £20
XBOX- £20

I thought they going to do a D2 Forsaken re release in about a year but the way this is going they either do it in 6 months or go Free to Play
:positive:

Oracsbox

holy shit, I have never seen a game from a AAA developer released a month and half ago reduce so much in price.

Right now
PC -£14
PS4 - £20
XBOX- £20

I thought they going to do a D2 Forsaken re release in about a year but the way this is going they either do it in 6 months or go Free to Play
:positive:
With the new insertion of paid lunch boxes(loot boxes) they may be getting ready to go free to play.
It's not like this is a new thing with mmorpg's that suck cock and have no choice but to go free to try and maximise profit
:keepmymoney:
Bethesda have shown they have utter contempt for their fans so they won't give a shit about people who payed full price.
They'll probably give 500 atoms to anyone who already has the game as compensation :D.
Watching Fallout 76 burn has truly been a great moment.
Pete loves that little Howard ass
Todd+Howard+Fallout+4+Video+Game+Launch+Event+jMrRIdFYtEhl.jpg
/spoiler]

On the bonus side: remember the old video with nerd Todd going "who is laughing now" towards the people putting him in toilet bowls at school? Now we can add: "After waiting a few years, now they are back at laughing in your face Todd. Well done." :hahano:
To be fair the kids of the people who pushed Todd in the toilet are probably buying Todd's game and stealing their parents' wallets for it and then not even playing it, so in that particular case Todd's still laughing. Always bet on Todd, baby.

nPTO5QP.jpg

Turjan

Arcane
With the new insertion of paid lunch boxes(loot boxes) they may be getting ready to go free to play.
It's not like this is a new thing with mmorpg's that suck cock and have no choice but to go free to try and maximise profit
Note that these lunchboxes have been in the store code from day 1. There are also "events" in the Atom shop code. Let's see when those see the light of the day.

This reminds me of that stupid mine quest I saw on YT, where the guides have to "upsell" additional stuff that isn't worth it to the people they lead through their boring cave. That quest seems to be eerily close to the real thing.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/a6zedm/sony_accidentally_disclosed_the_number_of_players/
Here, 33,764 players earned the "Photo Bomber" trophy in Fallout 76. And on playstation.com it's revealed that 8,3% of all players got this trophy. Simple math: the total number of people who have played Fallout 76 on PS4 = 33,764 * 100% / 8,3% = 406,795.

Most certainly a similar number for xbox, and less on PC. For a beth game, it is a genuine failure.
Lol mass effect andromeda clocks at 2,210,000 on the same platform.

Father Foreskin

Learned
The game is made of recycled assets, it has no plot, the only gameplay is shooting ghouls. Half the content is a cash shop. Of all Bethesda games, this might have the highest return on investment.

Edit: ok thats maybe an exaggeration. If skyrim has made about a billion with and investment 200mil over years, Fo76 has hard time getting there. 500% roi would mean this thing probably had to make around 250 mil

Last edited:

Oracsbox

This PVP system is genius, I haven't had this much fun watching matches in ages.

Combat looks utter shit.
What a waste of time adding PVP was. Bethesda literally have no fucking clue what their fans want,it's obvious a bunch of Bethtards wouldn't want to go sweaty PVP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom