Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I haven't read anyone saying a single-classed character is better than a multi one. Generally, the top level abilities/spells aren't useful and aren't worth trading the versatility and bonuses another class brings.

This is extremely inaccurate

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Except being an Evoker and casting overpowered Meteor Showers, which class has good enough lvl8 and 9 abilities to be worth the trade-off?

It's not just having extra abilities. Power level scales every ability in effectiveness and increases your source pool.

Last edited:

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Except being an Evoker and casting overpowered Meteor Showers and Missile Salvos, which class has good enough lvl8 and 9 abilities to be worth the trade-off?

Spark the Souls of the Righteous and Hand of Weal and Woe (both Priest Level 8) are extremely powerful spells.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I'm pretty sure it was changed in development.

What they originally planned (or I thought they had planned) would have been very cool.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
They were planning to do a Sheogorath/Jygallag type situation, where Wael was created to conceal the existence of another god that existed before the Engwithans.

Codex Year of the Donut
did anything ever come from when you looked into the telescope and wael(?) tells you not to or something?( its been a while since I did it)

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is extremely inaccurate
Except being an Evoker and casting overpowered Meteor Showers and Missile Salvos, which class has good enough lvl8 and 9 abilities to be worth the trade-off?

Most of them are worth it for two reasons.

#1 you reach the power level 5/6/7 "break point" that has the CORE class abilities earlier and at the game's biggest difficulty spike, which is levels 9-13, and that helps you get power much earlier

#2 most of the classes have lvl 9 abilities that are absolutely superb. Monk and Barbarian and Fighter and Rogue and Priest off the top of my head are great. Ranger is the only one off the top of my head that has shit lvl 9s

All the dual classes range from extremely balanced because Sawyer to completely garbage

They were planning to do a Sheogorath/Jygallag type situation, where Wael was created to conceal the existence of another god that existed before the Engwithans.

Doesn't that contradict the reasons the Engwithans made the gods? They made them because there weren't any, they didn't found them or they left

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
There was originally a god, but for whatever reasons the Engwithans didn't like him much. So they created their own gods, and Wael specifically with the purpose of concealing his identity.

If I had to guess, the original god is probably the same as the Yezuha god.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

So, ESh was correct.

Pillars of Eternity Plot Twist: The Gods were fake all along!

Pillars of Eternity II Plot Twist: The Gods were real all along!

This makes it even better, lol. What a colossal clusterfuck their writing has become.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom