Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ni no Kuni II announced - Coming to PC too!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Not one, but two harder difficulties: https://gematsu.com/2018/06/ni-no-k...ailable-adds-hard-and-expert-difficulty-modes

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom version 1.03 update now available, adds Hard and Expert difficulty modes

Publisher Bandai Namco and developer Level-5 have released the version 1.03 update for Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, which adds the Hard and Expert difficulty modes among other features.

Here are the patch notes:

Version 1.03
  • New difficulty modes added: Hard and Expert. You can choose how hard you want your challenge to be when you select “New Game” from the title screen, or by entering the in-game options menu at any time. Three difficulty levels are available: Normal, Hard, and Expert. The higher the setting, the harder the battles will be, but this will be offset by rarer treasures from monsters, from the chests in the Faraway Forest, and certain other places. You’ll also be able to access the true potential of accessories, with monsters occasionally dropping ones with two skills! (This won’t affect any you already own.)
    • Maximum quality level of equipment drops expanded (in Hard or higher).
    • Chances of rare item drops increased (in Hard or higher).
  • New equipment skills added.
  • Rare accessories with second skill slot added.
  • Various other game balance issues and minor bugs have also been addressed.
    • A bug that allowed the airship to land in places where it should not be able to land has been fixed.
    • Steam version only: A bug that made the player unable to control the camera at specific screen resolutions has been fixed.

Deleted member 7219

Waiting for chibi shit to be removed through an official patch or a mod before I think about purchasing.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
DLC DETAILS ANNOUNCED FOR NI NO KUNI 2: REVENANT KINGDOM

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe reveals new details about the content of the upcoming Adventure Pack for Ni no Kuni II: REVENANT KINGDOM. This first DLC will be free to download and will be released 9th August. As outlined in the Season Pass, further DLCs will follow.

The Adventure Pack provides new challenges for experienced players. It adds additional floors to the Faraway Forest which upon clearing, will reward players with new costumes for Evan and other characters. Players will also be able to challenge themselves against even stronger new bosses; Blackhart and Zeta. Additional quests will be unlocked after completing the story and unique rewards can be acquired.

The second DLC is coming this winter, featuring a new puzzling dungeon. Players will face a series of difficult challenges and powerful enemies while trying to reach for the deepest floors with great rewards awaiting those that do!

A third DLC is planned for early next year with new exciting content and game features, as well as a whole new story expansion. Further details will be shared soon.

lightbane

Arcane
It's too bad that the game is so bad and mediocre, even compared with the first game...

Also, there's a thing in-universe called "Leafbook" that works exactly as you think it does.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The second DLC:

Take on the random dungeon “Labyrinth” and experience new story content, items, and equips with this DLC. A whole new world of combat possibilities is also uncovered by tales from your favorite characters' pasts with Martial Method.

lightbane

Arcane
The superior and original NDS release got a translation patch to English, I would check that one instead of the PS3 game.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep, the plot is worse. In fact, check this LP if you want to witness how idiotic the game can be: https://www.lp.zone/t/anime-was-a-mistake-lets-dunk-on-ni-no-kuni-2/2990/1

Thanks for the informative link.

I'll play the first game again soon when I have some time off work for the Christmas holidays. Still have fond memories of it.
Instead of the original PS3 game, might as well emulate the Nintendo DS game, now that it has an English fan translation.

Tigranes

Arcane
The superior and original NDS release got a translation patch to English, I would check that one instead of the PS3 game.

Wait, did they finish that? Do you have a link? I've been waiting to play the original, the sequel really doesn't look worthwhile.

Falksi

Arcane
What an utterly fucking dull & lifeless peice of shit "RPG".

I thrive on JRPGs, yeah I prefer the more darker ones over the fluffy ones, but even a fluffy one done well reels me in.

This is just wank beyond belief. Ridiculously easy on the harder difficulty levels, an absolutely dull as hell plot, loads of trash items & loot for you to not give a shit about anything, towns & villages where speaking to the NPC's yields absolutely nothing of benefit or interest what-so-ever, a bizare mesh of text & voice acting which is very jarring, etc. etc.

Absolutely woeful game.

Deleted member 7219

I think from every account NNK 2 is worse than the first. I guess you only played it because it was available on PC?

Duraframe300

Arcane
I think from every account NNK 2 is worse than the first. I guess you only played it because it was available on PC?
Not that the first one was flawless, but it had a lot of charm.

Honestly, NNK 2 never had that charm from the first trailer on. It seemed like *just* a story set in the world of NNK1.

Which honestly kind of betrays the themes of the first game.

Deleted member 7219

Yep. I was skeptical, but heard so many positives about it I thought it worth a go.

I was wrong.

Reading the story it does seem like a massive decline. Combat system seems to have gone the way of button spam too.

I still hold that the first game had its charm. Little boy goes off on an adventure but under tragic circumstances. Some world hopping here and there. And Ghibli artwork and soundtrack to boot.

I had no interest in NNK2 because of the chibi overworld map shit and the rest of it just confirms how right I was not to buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

During his dream, Evan encounters a peculiar rabbit-headed man, who refers to himself as the "Conductor." With a mysterious purpose soon to be revealed, he'll lead Evan through his dream. “The Tale of a Timeless Tome” brings you new stories that dive into some of your favorite characters' past. New Martial Methods and additional content, "Solosseum Slog" are also included!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
For me NNK2 was a nonstarter from day 1 because of the shitty combat changes. ni no kuni 2 is so bad it makes people not play the superior first game, which is a shame because NNK 1 was fucking great :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom