Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
I'm comparing to people like Matthewmatosis/Joseph Anderson that have most of their videos over 30 minutes.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
His longest video is the Elex one if you're going to cherrypick.

Compare the runtimes of his videos (10-20 minutes) to someone like Noah Cadwell Gervais (40-60+ minutes) and you'll see what I mean.

Speaking of soundtrack, the new one doesn't sound half bad either.

I do like the original a bit better though, janky, trip-hoppy sound fit the mood better somehow and polyhedron theme despite being only half-minute short, conveys much more wonder and mystery than entire soundtracks of some games.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I really like this guy. Partly due to my nostalgia for Tomb Raider. He's currently doing Resident Evil which I know next to nothing about, and his style seems chaotic, but I'm still watching. Perhaps his Tomb Raider reviews seem just as unorganized for someone who doesn't know those games.

Anyway, good guy. High quality audio and editing, nerdy, intelligent, underfollowed. Also black!

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm entertained by Civvie11 on regular basis and have particularly enjoyed his Shadow Warrior and Blood/Blood 2 series. Good or bad they get what they deserve in a walkthrough style presentation, but his reviews are also very good.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

I really like this guy. Partly due to my nostalgia for Tomb Raider. He's currently doing Resident Evil which I know next to nothing about, and his style seems chaotic, but I'm still watching. Perhaps his Tomb Raider reviews seem just as unorganized for someone who doesn't know those games.

Anyway, good guy. High quality audio and editing, nerdy, intelligent, underfollowed. Also black!

it would be ok review - he point something, get impressed in "huh, old games are actually that good?" manner
Then he start whining about stuff he doesn't like in the manner of "react videos" or "I have my opinion and here is more thant 10min long videos why".
But whining about puzzles is the worst, I'm not that good with puzzles (point&click adventures are my - pleasant - banes) but still deal with them myself in Lara Croft's adventures without looking for [video] guides and faqs so listening to his complains was not so pleasant

deama

Prophet
Sometimes Kim justice does good stuff, I really like his peter molyneux retrospective:

Try this guy, he's done a good retrospective on the tomb raider games, including the media around them:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
He also has does a video series on level design.
So far is already covered all Zelda games, Dark Souls 1 and many others. He is now tackling the Metroid Series.

His most recent video:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom