Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Welcome to Pandora (Rimworld)

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
No. 1: What do we do with the book?
  • Research it.
More power!

No. 2: Defenses are going up. Sandbags, embrasures, or a giant wall?

Dunno about that one. I'll let those with more experience decide.

No. 3: Research will come eventually. What to research first?
  • Power! Batteries and solar panels.
No. 4: Gotta keep building out. What's next on the list? (Choose two and put them in order of preference)
  • Private houses
  • Town hall
No. 5: Workstation area is ready. What goes in first?
  • Research bench
To research the book, of course

Also, how's my dialogue and pacing? I'm no Grimwulf, but I hope it's at least entertaining.

It's been pretty cool so far

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
  • Research it. Even though its contents may be mind-shattering, no doubt great power lies the turn of a page away.
  • Embrasures
No. 4: Gotta keep building out. What's next on the list? (Choose two and put them in order of preference)
  • Guest room
  • Hospital
  • Research bench

Very good dialogue and pacing :salute:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Get rid of the book. :rpgcodex:
Build a wall! A wall is glorious and a statement! No proper codexia without a wall. :rpgcodex:
Research brewing, because duh! :rpgcodex:
Build a hospital/prison. It'll be handy shortly. Trust me. :rpgcodex:
Ordinary research bench. We will not be researching the book. :rpgcodex:

Tovias

Learned
  • Get rid of it. Regular research will eventually give us access to advanced technology, and there's way too many other strange beings out there
Ain't nothing good coming out of tinkering with all that mambo jambo about outer space gods or what not, all you need is your faith in the lord.

• Embrasures
I like to get close and personal as any other but considering the number of predators I'd say it would be better to shoot from the safety of my room.

Now, I'd like to brew some good stuff or get a new gun but we alll know we need some of that Benjamin Franklin juice first.

• Private houses
I think we could use some privacy around here, more so with the old man shakes and the pothead stinking the whole room.

• Stonecutting bench
Not a fan of living surrounded by flammable material

dead Spigot was enthusiastic about grimwah before modern science (a halberd and a wooden hand) took his life away. maybe through the wonders of the occult we can grow new limbs. what's the worst that can happen?

also,
embrasures
power
Spigot's private house and hospital
stonechopper's bench

MZeta

Scholar
If still relevant, my votes:

1.Burn the heretical book! A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.

2.Sandbags

3.Power of the Sun

4. Prison & Houses

5. Research Bench

Pandorym

Novice
dead Spigot was enthusiastic about grimwah before modern science (a halberd and a wooden hand) took his life away. maybe through the wonders of the occult we can grow new limbs. what's the worst that can happen?

It was the book that caused you to try and slice your hands off to begin with. +M

Still taking votes for another few hours, waiting on pizza_microwave. Depending on results, Day 5 should be interesting. :positive:

pizza_microwave

Liturgist
1) Research the book! Wuz gives no damn about moderation and carefulness as most of you know. Connecting with the grimwah, despite being a terrible experience, has left Kangz puzzling and that feeling will turn into curiosity given time! Among the feelings of fear, anger, and horror it left also a strong impression of its power on him, the power that Wuz dreamt of every night since his dad Wu-Tang left for cigarettes. Get rid of the tome and Wuz will find it one way or another, we all know this.

2) Embrasures no doubt!

3) Power! UNLIMITED POWAAHH!

4) Forbidden Research bench, how can you act normally and go on about your day when you have powerful artifacts in your hands?

Pandorym

Novice
THE VOTES ARE IN!

No. 1: Research the Grimoire?
Yes
Bob: Science!
Spigot: Grimoire!
Wuz: Grimoire!
Hivemind: Grimoire!

No. 2: Embrasures, Giant Wall, or Sandbags? Embrasures
Bob: Embrasures!
Spigot: Embrasures!
Wuz: Embrasures!
Hivemind: Sandbags!

No. 3: First Research? Batteries and Solar Panels
Bob: Power!
Spigot: Power!
Wuz: Power!
Hivemind: Power!

No. 4: New Buildings? Private Houses and Hospital
Bob: Houses!
Spigot: Houses! Hospital!
Wuz: Abstained
Hivemind: Houses! Hospital!

No. 5: First Workstation? Stonecutting Table
Bob: Stonecutting bench!
Spigot: Stonecutting bench!
Wuz: Forbidden research bench!
Hivemind: Research bench!

No more votes are accepted. Playing the day now, expect an update in a few hours or so.

Last edited:

Pandorym

Novice
Day 5

ocu9yGd.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
*yawns like a hell beast* Mmph. Too early. Need somethin' ta eat.

a0vbTvk.jpg
*munches* Still tastes like old biscuits and meat that done been out too longer in the sun.

6yX0LqT.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
Ain't so bad though - that dream 'bout being back on th' range was nice. Puts me in a better mood at least.

ZIsjlme.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
*otherworldly whispers linger at the edge of his hearing* Huh? What? Who's there? *raises rifle*

OcZlI8l.jpg
Whoa man! Don't shoot, iz just me.

a0vbTvk.jpg
...Yeah. Alright. *lowers gun with some hesitation* I see yer up. Where's Spigot?

OcZlI8l.jpg
Ya know 'im, still snoozin'. Old man n' all.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Figures. Well, I'm outta here. Work ta do.

ALzQ651.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
*watches Bob leave*

OcZlI8l.jpg
*grabs some berries* Hey, these are pretty good.

vIXnIOE.png

OcZlI8l.jpg

OcZlI8l.jpg
*eyes keep unconsciously sliding back to the tome against the wall*

OcZlI8l.jpg
Mebbe... mebbe just a quick look. Couldn't hurt, yeah?

OcZlI8l.jpg
*goes to reach for the book as eerie whispers begin to echo around him, the markings on the book glowing as if anticipating his touch*

tjBvOgt.jpg
Wuz! Good morning! *scarfs down an MRE* And Bob too! What are you two up to?

a0vbTvk.jpg
Haulin' wood. You slept late - Wuz was up 'fore you.

OcZlI8l.jpg
...I wuz just leaving. *walks out the door*

29rO2TI.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Huh. I wonder what's bothering him?

a0vbTvk.jpg
Don't worry 'bout it none. Ya go tend to them plants, I'll rope Wuz into helpin' me haul. Git him to carry some steel, mebbe he might lose a few pounds.

A bit later.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Man dis shit iz heavy!

59PUZQN.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
Put yer back into it. We got ta git a stone cuttin' table built. I ain't want ta live surrounded by flammable materials.

OcZlI8l.jpg
*drops the steel near the table's framework* Ugh, mah arms. Mah back. It all hurts.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Don't be sitch a crybaby and git yer ass movin'. More stuff ta haul.

OcZlI8l.jpg
*walking* Hey Bob, ya ever heard of an old game called SpaceChem? It wuz about automation n' chemical bonding.

Ckje7k5.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
I done told ya Wuz, I was a country boy out in the wild, never played any video games.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Yeah, but ya might like it. Iz a puzzle game more than anythin'.

a0vbTvk.jpg
I'll think about it. No promises. We ain't even got power yet.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Den build me mah damn research bench so I can figure it out already!

a0vbTvk.jpg
There's more important things ta do right naw, ya addle-headed ninny. Cuttin' blocks for buildin'. Puttin' together plans for private houses, 'cause yer snoring makes me sick. Mebbe a hospital type area for Spigot. And then defenses. Gonna build some embrasures ta shoot through.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Maaaaan, fuck you. I'mma go get me a soda.

IstUtVA.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
Stupid idjit. Can't see th' forest fer the trees. Stones are necessary. One bad lightnin' strike and all o' our stuff goes up in fire.

4CKNuQX.png

Meanwhile.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Ah, Wuz! There you are. I was just cutting down this tree in the way of the potato field. How's things?

tiYCSQc.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
This n' that. Listen, Spigot - I think we should take another look at dat book. I mean, just da thought of it makes me all jumpy n' shit but... I can't explain it. It'z like a callin'.

CI2PMKF.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
... *sigh* Look, friend. I won't say I haven't considered it myself. The whispers are... insidious. Unrelenting.

OcZlI8l.jpg
I know, rite? It's tempting. A promise of power that I've dreamed of every night since mah dad went out for cigarettes n' never came back.

tjBvOgt.jpg
...That explains a lot of things. Still. If you are really, ABSOLUTELY certain about this... I suppose we can take a look at the tome. Together, not alone. Deal?

OcZlI8l.jpg
Aight, deal. I'mma go get a snack.

a0vbTvk.jpg
*pipe fulla smokeleaf and puffing away* Howdy.

r8e5aj7.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
Hey Bob. Wut ya been up to?

a0vbTvk.jpg
Jes' got that stonecutting table done. Kin make some sturdy blocks naw.

12UMckY.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
Dat's good I guess. Ya gonna make dem blocks, rite? I ain't gonna do it. Wasn't mah idea.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Ya keep tellin' yerself that. *chuckles*

OcZlI8l.jpg
Goddamn it! I ain't gotta take dis shit, I'mma go talk to Spigot. An' lay off mah smoke!

In the crop fields.

tjBvOgt.jpg
*digging in the soil and humming*

OcZlI8l.jpg
*goes to approach him but is suddenly overcome with anxiety and walks away instead*

QPS1tLQ.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
Man, dis be some bullshit. I can't handle dis no mo'. First crash-landing here, den da cold, ain't got no privacy, and of course dat book... iz drivin' me mad. Make me wanna claw mah eyes out just to relieve the pressure. It ain't never gonna get no better.

uDxqE5Y.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
*cutting stone blocks awkwardly* I got no idea how ta do this. Can't git Spigot ta do it - he's busy gardening. Can't get Wuz ta do it either - can't find th' varmint. Jes' gotta power through I s'pose.

EtVjnCH.png

An hour later.

OcZlI8l.jpg
*staring at the tome silently in the dark of the storage room*

hkjSJav.png

OcZlI8l.jpg

OcZlI8l.jpg
Fuk it. Fuck all of it! I'M GETTIN' MINE, YA HEAR ME?! *grabs the tome and runs for the workstation building*

tMxfXb4.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
Wuz? Th' hell are ya doin'? Ya look like yer being chased by Space Satan himself. An' why ya holding that weird book?

OcZlI8l.jpg
Just uh... just puttin' together a table to read it on! Ya know, see if it'z any good, might toss it out. Ya know. *sweating profusely*

a0vbTvk.jpg
I done told ya that ya don't need any o' that stuff, boy. Jes' yer faith in the Gods above. Ain't nothing good come out of tinkering with any sorta outer space alien mumbo jumbo.

OcZlI8l.jpg
B-But it might have sumthin' useful in it!

a0vbTvk.jpg
Yeah, sure. Whatever. Jes' try not ta quake th' earth when ya haul ass fer once, thunder thighs.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Fuck off. *leaves*

Elsewhere, dark forces conspire against Codexia...

7b87U6I.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
Th' hell is that sound? It's like a cross between an old butter churn and a rusty gear. What in tarnation... *raises rifle*

5En2dFv.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
That's one angry varmint.

a0vbTvk.jpg
*fires a couple of shots, missing the tiny creature* Dammit!

a0vbTvk.jpg
*rat jumps on him, scratching up his left hand and arm badly* OW! Rotten critter

Ke6ZxFv.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
*punts the rat so hard in the skull it dies instantly* That'll teach ya.

25MvB8I.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
I'mma put dis thing together, they'll see. Gonna build it nice n' good. Gonna read dat book, show dem all. SHOW DEM ALL! I'M WE WUZ KANGZ!

aD1LHaD.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Finally I get to exercise my skills. Wasn't expecting to do so for this, though. Now stay still.

a0vbTvk.jpg
I don't get why ya needed me ta lie down, it's some scratches and a lil' bleedin'. I'm fine.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Hush. Here's some antiseptic and bandages. The damage is mild, should heal up in no time. You're quite lucky - I've heard many a story of small creatures gone mad that have torn out eyes, bitten off fingers, and ripped open jugular veins.

sWkvZP5.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
...Iz done. Just like da book told me. I'm outta here.

sY8uCvC.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Wuz! Hello!

OcZlI8l.jpg

tjBvOgt.jpg
Are you alright?

OcZlI8l.jpg
Y-Yeah, fine. What are ya doin'? An' where's Bob?

tjBvOgt.jpg
I'm just marking out embrasure locations and hauling wood to them. Bob's resting - he fought a maddened rat and took a few deep scratches. I insisted he get some sleep after I patched him up.

hf7KW41.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
I uh, I... I...

tjBvOgt.jpg
You what?

The air trembles. Whispers fill the area, audible to all. Voices from beyond time and space echo sporadically, howling into the void. Suddenly all three colonists feel in the darkest depths of their minds a massive horrifying psychic network emerge that irrevocably links them together. A hivemind of sorts. But the whispers continue unabated, now following along this intrinsic chain, albeit at a dull roar.

3heMNUB.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
*suddenly gasps as though his breath had been stolen from him during the event* Wuz! What have you done?!

OcZlI8l.jpg
I... I only did what the book told me to do!

tjBvOgt.jpg
Wait... You only did what it told you? It told you something, Wuz?

OcZlI8l.jpg
I dunno! Maybe?! This iz all too much!

tjBvOgt.jpg
Just calm down, Wuz. It'll be alright. But these whispers, these voices... can you hear them too?

OcZlI8l.jpg
*simultaneously concerned, jumpy, and down at the same time* Fuck yeah I can hear them. Holy shit. What did I do?

tjBvOgt.jpg
*trying to keep himself composed* Just relax. Relax. I have no idea what's happening. Just go do something to take your mind off it. I'll go... uh... I'll go butcher that rat carcass. *flees*

t33rMk8.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
*moves restlessly in his sleep riddled with nightmarish visions*

OcZlI8l.jpg
*desperately grabs his head and moans lowly* Agh... da pain, these voices are filled wit so much hate... it hurts!

K0C3yt6.png

A little later.

OcZlI8l.jpg
*hauling wood to the embrasure sites* Oh... hey Spigot. What are ya up to?

tjBvOgt.jpg
Hey. Just... going to go get a snack. Probably some berries. We have a lot.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Sure, dat's good.

zSzIk6s.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
Wait, wuz dat comin' out da sky?

YDm5wK9.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
Cargo? Wonder wut's in it. Better go check.

aaIXjXI.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
Ugh. Fuckin' fish eggs. Nasty.

tjBvOgt.jpg
*pacing outside* I don't know what he's done, but whatever it is has changed something within us forever. Spiteful whispers sit just at the back of my mind, while other ones coax me towards knowledge I know is sanity shattering. Yet... the allure is almost irresistible now. Perhaps it was the right thing to do after all.

5z5goN5.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
*clenching his head so hard with both hands it seems fit to crack* I can't... I can't take it no more man. Dat fuckin' book. Dat goddamn fuckin' book did all dis! These voices iz drivin' me crazy! I CAN'T TAKE IT NO MORE!! I gotta go smoke!!!

PvSFO3B.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
*rushes to the storage room and lights up*

KRtSMYm.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
It ain't enough! It AIN'T ENOUGH! But there ain't no more left!!

a0vbTvk.jpg
*enters the storage to grab some food* Wuz? Th' hell is the matter with ya?

OcZlI8l.jpg
*voraciously shoving meal after meal down his throat*

ar0xjhH.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
Alright... jes' don't eat everything ya hear?

OcZlI8l.jpg
*doesn't respond, just keeps forcing food down*

a0vbTvk.jpg
Wuz? WUZ! HEY WUZ! Snap out of it!

eWNRFux.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
FUCK OFF BOB! YA DON'T KNOW MAN! YA JUST DON'T KNOW! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!

C8WPqbY.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
Hell's bells, I can't git him ta stop. Need ta go git Spigot.

tjBvOgt.jpg
*passing by* Oh Bob! You seem upset, what's the matter?

a0vbTvk.jpg
Jelly roll in there is flippin' his lid while jamming eats down his neck and I can't make him stop. Can't act like a man an' handle reality fer even a minute it seems.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Bob... the reality of the situation is far more grim than you even realize. For once, just keep your mouth shut and walk off. Let me handle this. *goes in the storage room*

J6WKF9v.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Wuz? *gingerly approaches* Come on Wuz, it'll be okay. Let me help you.

OcZlI8l.jpg
*sitting blankly in a barely illuminated corner* Go away Spigot, I don't wanna talk to ya.

tjBvOgt.jpg
You NEED to! You're spiraling out of control! Please. Just give me a chance. I am not your enemy.

OcZlI8l.jpg
...I don't know who's my enemy right now. The world is wrong and everything in it. And includes YOU. *shoves his way past Spigot and out of the storage room, passing Bob busy building embrasures*

dKsHexi.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
*wanders aimlessly in a daze as voices and visions cloud his mind, chattering secrets and symbols in equal measure*

uPwWFoG.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
*spots Wuz* Wuz! Hey! Are you feeling any better?

OcZlI8l.jpg
*just keeps walking away*

tjBvOgt.jpg
...Wuz?

w95qSuI.png

An hour later.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Iä.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Iä! Iä!

TtdckGp.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
*standing near an old oak tree staring over at the workshop* What have we done...?

ESi1qFN.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
I need a drink. *considers the wine for a very long moment but opens a soda instead*

aLGDD7c.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
*mumbles* In strange aeons even death may die. A calling to the deep. Swaying feline darkness. An ancient lost city, ruled by a monarch wreathed in gold...

5d6BnvZ.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
*suddenly overtaken by a fit of hard coughing* That's strange. *pulls his sleeve from in front of his mouth to see it spattered with blood*

tjBvOgt.jpg
Oh no. Not again.

hexlSjd.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
*runs to the storage room and grabs a medical kit* I have to treat myself now before it spreads. Space Gods watch over me.

mG0uFXi.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
I feel faint... I need to go lie down.

tjBvOgt.jpg
This... this can only be the beginning of something vast and terrible. I feel it in my bones. HNGH! The pain!

xRn134H.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
The frog god sleeping on mountains beyond existence. R'lyeh wakes from darkest depths. The foretold prophecy of-

D2OQAYd.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
...Huh? Wut? Where am I? Wut's goin' on? Ow my head...

OcZlI8l.jpg
Shit, iz late as fuck. Better go grab a snack an' go to bed.

OcZlI8l.jpg
*enters the barrack* They's already sleepin'. Figures as much.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Shit... Spigot ain't lookin' so good. I hopes he's a good a doctor as he says he iz.

JgtfAnU.png

And somewhere, out in the darkness, a grimoire of forbidden knowledge sits restlessly on its table, waiting patiently.

It's been so long.

But its got a foothold now. A way in.

It can wait a little longer.

foGFC7T.png

Pandorym

Novice
Man, mad props to Grimwulf for doing this as long as he did - it's fucking hard. I spent from 9:47 a.m. until 1:53 p.m. (roughly 4 hours!) playing the day, then putting together the script, screenshots, and other miscellany together to make a single post.

Anyhow, we now have another three KEY CHOICES as well as a few personal ones.

It's only a matter of time until a cult starts up. It's actually inevitable at this point, no matter how long it might end up lasting. So...

No. 1: What Elder God do we worship? (Note that the process of discovering deities is random, but all inevitably appear, just not in order)
  • Bast
  • Cthulhu
  • Dagon, the Lord of the Sea
  • Hastur, the King in Yellow
  • Shub-Niggurath, the Black Goat with a Thousand Young
  • Tsathoggua, the Sleeper of N'kai
  • Whichever one appears first
No. 2: What should be the name of our unholy church?
  • Church of <Insert Elder God Here>
  • Church of Ill Omen
  • Church of Magnanimous Sanctity
  • Cold Forest Church
  • Your own option
No. 3: Who should be our preacher and lead us in prayer, offerings, and eventually sacrifices?
  • Bob
  • Spigot
  • Wuz
  • Wait for another colonist to arrive to perform the duty instead
Personal choices!

Tovias, you see all of this madness going on, you now hear the voices and whispers too. Unholy things are coming, but immense power is offered if you're willing to worship. Do you go along with it or not?

a bear named spigot, you're sick. It's only a minor case of the plague, thank goodness, but you're certainly ill. However, the colony still needs your help, and the other colonists may get sick as well. Do you stay in bed and rest, making your own recovery a priority? Or do you skip bed rest and work through the illness and pain?

pizza_microwave, you've done it now, and unleashed eldritch tidings on you and your fellows. Do you embrace this path, or tread cautiously? Do you throw yourself wholeheartedly into research the mind-breaking unknown, or perhaps go for normal research, something more mundane but potentially useful?

In addition, no updates from me until Wednesday at the earliest.

Last edited:

Tovias

Learned
No. 1: What Elder God do we worship? (Note that the process of discovering deities is random, but all inevitably appear, just not in order)
SPLAT!

• Darkwood Chapel
No. 3: Who should be our preacher and lead us in prayer, offerings, and eventually sacrifices?
  • Spigot
Bob is a stubborn man, his family drilled the lord in his mind and he won't falter easily even if the Black Goat herself offers her hoove

pizza_microwave

Liturgist
No. 1: What Elder God do we worship?
Cthulhu, of course! Tentacle arms for everyone!

Cold Forest Church

Let's wait for another colonist to join in and take that role.

Embrace it? I was born in it, molded by it! My dream to become a vampire has not died yet. Optimal workplace for optimal cultist research, so it would be nice if Wuz would focus on getting that power researched and maybe some other useful stuff until perhaps someone else with good intellectual stats will join in.

Adding to that, we wouldn't want to scare ol' Bob here with our little project for the greater good, let him settle down with the idea that tentacle limbs will be the greatest thing that will ever happen to him :martini:.

Soon we will experience the true power of the Cosmic Deities and shall rule Pandora!

It was the book that caused you to try and slice your hands off to begin with. +M

those were only attention seeking cuts.

anyways,
1. whoeverms't shows up first, as our positive energy is likely to attract a similarly uplifting being
2. falling stars end
3. abstain
4. the best way to get over an illness is a nice, easy stay in bed. I shall only assist in the most dire situations.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Your offering is exquisite. I really dig the dialogue, the quips, the references! Do you hear them too?

Would have went for Cthulhu or Dagon, but we do not have a coastline, do we?

• Church of Magnanimous Sanctity
AKA People's Republic of Tyranny.

• Wait for another colonist to arrive to perform the duty instead

Pandorym

Novice
May have some time today to update. Not a full one though, don't have 3 - 4 hours to craft one of them. You'll get basically what I'm gonna call a 'short update'. Third person omniscient style with some screenshots. Expect it in roughly two hours or so when I have time to sit down for it.

As for voting, they are currently like this:

No. 1: Elder God?
  • Bob: Shub-Niggurath
  • Spigot: First one to be discovered
  • Wuz: Cthulhu
  • Hivemind: Shub-Niggurath
No. 2: Church Name?
  • Bob: Darkwood Chapel
  • Spigot: Falling Stars End
  • Wuz: Cold Forest Church
  • Hivemind: Church of Magnanimous Sanctity
No. 3: Preacher?
  • Bob: Spigot
  • Spigot: Abstaining
  • Wuz: Another colonist
  • Hivemind: Another colonist
Personal Choices
  • Bob refuses to bow to the will of the Old Gods - his faith in Cassandra, Phoebe, and Randy are absolute for the moment.
  • Spigot is going to stay in bed to recover from the plague except to tend to himself with medicine and get food. He'll only help if the situation becomes dire.
  • Wuz will embrace the Old Gods but also retains his dream of becoming a vampire, and for the 'greater good' he'll focus on mundane research for now after deciphering the strange symbols and probing for occult deities.

Pandorym

Novice
Day 6

jS0i0h0.png

Billy Bob wakes up at two in the morning (thanks to having slept early yesterday from his oh-so-fearsome encounter with a mad rat) and immediately decides to scarf down some packaged breakfast before getting back to work chopping trees and working on the embrasures. He's dedicated, gotta give him that much. I wouldn't want to be building wooden murder holes at 2 A.M. in 48° weather.

52H8zHn.png

Four hours later and Wuz is still sleeping like a rock, while Spigot is awake but staying his old ass in bed (and not moving for anything short of applying more medicine, getting some food or potentially being killed by raiders). His minor case of the PLAGUE is doing well - 16% infection to 28% immunity - so he should heal up in a couple of days with good fortune, which is all we've really had with Randy Random actually. Very strange.

Qg2ENjC.png

By 9:00 a.m. Wuz has finally managed to get off his fat incel ass, shove some berries in his gaping maw, and then get to work on the embrasures.

RMNprDW.png

However he's out working in some foggy rain (which his bitch ass can't handle on top of being a miserable fuck, mindfucked by hateful voices from beyond, written a ghastly grimoire, and of course eating without a table) so he's at a risk for some kind of minor psychological break.

HnbitJI.png

Meanwhile Spigot gets up from his self-imposed "bed rest" and doses himself with another round of treatment, followed by devouring some berries and then drinking an entire bottle of wine. Even when he's sick with the plague this guy indulges. No wonder Azira ended up how he did - the student learns from the master.

rxol0tP.png

Fortunately for us, even though he's tormented by voices outside time and space, in serious pain, sick, and ate without a table, he's still quite pleased with himself and his overall circumstances. Probably due to having his arms and that dream of continually kicking Kalin in the dick.

ObpMKgV.png

Bob starts cutting cold stones like the stone-cold motherfucker he is, giving essentially no fucks about the current situation and everything else. Nearby, Wuz cleans up rain puddles. HE'S MOPPING UP RAIN PUDDLES. For fuck's sake, Wuz.

0bmwhZz.png

See? Aside from those continually annoying-ass whispers, the fact that he has to share a barrack with a sick old man and a nerdy fat fuck, he can't see two feet in front of him, and that his favorite duster got wet, he does not give a shit. Like a REAL MAN.

pp8nPDH.png

Bob keeps chiseling out stone blocks even as Wuz sidles up and begins doing his mumbo jumbo research into what is basically the howling void of madness. Wuz feels like someone is watching him as he attempts to decipher the occult symbols within the grimoire's pages. Spigot just continues to lie in bed and do nothing. Are you going to make your colony's only doctor get up when he's ill? Fuck no. He might decide to just let his scalpel "slip" during a routine medical checkup and suddenly you don't have arms anymore. Or balls.

EsoSwkl.png

Inevitably the cult finally forms in Codexia. Since none of you beyond the Hivemind were able to whatsoever agree on a name in the (admittedly) short timeframe I gave you, I'm gonna roll a die for it. And not a Codex die, cause you have to post something before rollin'.
  1. Darkwood Chapel
  2. Falling Stars End
  3. Cold Forest Church
  4. Church of Magnanimous Sanctity
Our answer? 2! Our church will be called Falling Stars End. Deal with it. :positive:(If folks seriously contest the name/change their mind it can be changed when an altar is built.)

LgWLfUB.png

FINALLY THE MIND-SHATTERING SHRIEKING DECIDES TO STOP! Everyone takes a goddamn breath, reorients themselves, and just continues doing what they were doing prior to reality unfucking itself.

kminBRB.png

Bob, having currently had enough of listening to Wuz's wheezing and muttering next to him, decides to go for one of the last sodas, leaving only one left. He's probably standing there wondering whether or not he should shoot Wuz or keep him around on the slim, slim margin he might be even tangentially useful. Good luck with that.

IOVdEp7.png

Wuz attempts to have a conversation with Bob! Bob desperately tries to pleasantly back out of it as he does not want to discuss how much Wuz needs his smoke or the latest Minecraft patches, but sadly cannot manage to do so. The conversation ends abruptly, likely due to Wuz trying to convince Bob that messing with eldritch power beyond mortal comprehension is a good thing and tentacle arms are the future, while Bob raises up his gun and proceeds to count out loud just how many holes he can put through the whiny asshole's skull before he no longer has one.

QhoPgbk.png

Wuz chokes down an MRE at his forbidden research table and continues to research while Bob rushes out of the workshop with all haste to drop his basalt blocks off at the storage room so he can go to bed. Slipping underneath the incredibly thin mockery of a blanket, Spigot greets Bob warmly, having literally done nothing but lie in bed this entire time.

vQ9dmUt.png

Wuz stays up late to finish his research, completely deciphering all of the strange symbols and occult knowledge within the grimoire. Deciding to stop off at the storage room for a little organization, he tosses things around into ungodly piles before deciding "fuck it" and going to bed, his choking sleep apnea snoring filling the barracks and causing misery to all, even his loyal arctic wolf Grillz.

Last edited:

Pandorym

Novice
Yeah I know, it ain't great, but that's what you get when I don't have a lot of time but a desire to play some Rimworld. I'll make a proper update on Wednesday, unless folks like this style of narration. Literally nothing happened this day beyond the cult stuff, Randy is being unusually merciful.

Spigot does nothing all day

feels good man :positive:

this style of update is fine, better to drop some low effort stuff sometimes rather than descend to madness alongside our brave, noble colonists

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom