Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
what the hell is this

Prime Junta

I liked the way he shut down that one dweeb who was complaining that Veteran and PotD are too haaaaard.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Obsessed with hipster bicycles. Also is extremely ethnocentric oriented toward Western Europe and only cares about their history. Imagine my surprise.

"Get out of the way, polaks, flips, and chinks, I'm trying to ride my bike here!!!"

-- Josh Sawyer, probably

imweasel

This thread isn't about RPGs anymore, just Sawyer and his interests.

Anyway, is Sawyer the kind of guy that likes to go to the shooting range? That would actually surprise me TBH.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Anyway, is Sawyer the kind of guy that likes to go to the shooting range? That would actually surprise me TBH.
From 2010
I have three rifles (a .22LR Henry Lever Carbine, .357 Magnum Rossi 92, and a Russian capture Mauser K98k) but I don't think that qualifies me as a gun nut. I purchased the rifles because I wanted to understand what it means to be a gun owner in the United States and because I wanted to have a more practical understanding of how firearms are operated and maintained.

Because there are no outdoor ranges in Orange County, I can only use my Henry and Rossi (with .38 Special) at local indoor ranges. At some time in the future, I'd like to get an M1911 and a Ruger Vaquero, but that will probably require selling off a couple of the rifles I currently have.

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
Owning a mace would be prestigious and surprising for such a gaylord but the reason, man, the reason is to "understand what it means to be a gun owner in the United States and because I wanted to have a more practical understanding of how firearms are operated and maintained".
Dude is really a talentless autist.

Prime Junta

Come on people it’s not that complicated. He likes relatively simple, retro, built to purpose, mechanical things. Old French bikes. Old Italian cars. Overengineered German watches. Old guns. He’s a greasemonkey at heart.

Codex Year of the Donut
tfw owning three rifles doesn't qualify you as a gun nut in your country
Owning multiple firearms is your duty as an American.

A few of mine are reproductions(Winchester 1873 is my favorite of the bunch, lever action is fun.) Oldest is my grandfather's M1 Garand. Remington 870 for home defense, my EDC is a S&W M&P Shield.

:bunkertime:

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Merry christmas, degenerate grognards!

DvNP_RAXgAcPSC9.jpg:large

laclongquan

Arcane
The timescale is pretty mind-boggling too. It seems Göbekli Tepe was in active use for about three thousand years. That's enough for a whole bunch of civilisations to rise and fall...

Indeed. Most of the bronze age history is a solid continuation, which is *very* weird considering how little information preservation from that time has happened.
I dont know if you are serious. But the answer is that Bronze is seriously easy to discover, mine, melt, and work. Thus it's easy to accidentally invent bronze and make bronze items. In comparison, iron is harder than the devil though the iron products are much better than bronze. So accidental inventing is harder.
Which is why bronze civilizations are numerous and spread across the world but iron civs are more concentrated (inherited and passed down knowledge and techniques)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom