Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

RegionalHobo

Scholar
i guess you sold this game for me.

need something to play since i'll stay 2 months in a shithole in the border

filpan

Scholar
So is this ready to be played? Are there any major bugs left? I want to play it but on the other side I'm thinking about postponing it for few months more.

Jinn

Arcane
So is this ready to be played? Are there any major bugs left? I want to play it but on the other side I'm thinking about postponing it for few months more.

My general recommendation for people is if you're not chomping at the bit to play it, you might as well wait.

For me, I played it for awhile right when it came out and became obsessed with it. The right thing for me to do was to just play it, accept its faults, and look forward to a polished second playthrough in the distant future. I wish I hadn't held out so long to make this decision.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
i hope this is will be fixed after i finished ATOM and pathfinder.
That means that you assume that ATOM, a Russian CRPG, will be released without bugs. Heh.
I'm not sure if Insomnia was in EA, and if it did, how did it fare. But ATOM's been in EA for more than a year,, and as far as I know there don't seem to be any complains about bugs and glitches.... or at least, not as much and as severe as Insomnia.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i hope this is will be fixed after i finished ATOM and pathfinder.
That means that you assume that ATOM, a Russian CRPG, will be released without bugs. Heh.
I'm not sure if Insomnia was in EA, and if it did, how did it fare. But ATOM's been in EA for more than a year,, and as far as I know there don't seem to be any complains about bugs and glitches.... or at least, not as much and as severe as Insomnia.
I really hope that it will be as bug free as possible. I want to start a game on release and actually be able to play it through..

Codex Year of the Donut
https://steamcommunity.com/games/783170/announcements/detail/1708452170002488355

GeForce GTX 1080 contest + live stream!
December 26 - Vault_13
83fda9312db83b6e4a8a7aaea096b497db4f3db3.jpg

Hello everyone! 2018 is almost over and we felt that now is a perfect time for some presents (we did promise something special, right?). After all of the the support and patience our community has shown us during the past three months, our publisher and our team want to give something back to express our appreciation to you all…

...so here comes the New Year’s Screenshot Contest!

The world of INSOMNIA is a unique, macabre and bizarre place where the most crazy and unexpected things can happen — be it entering the surrealistic world of somnia, meeting a fellow ghetter that was shot in the face twice or escaping the strange wildlife of Object 6. Thankfully, you are able to save these special moments in the form of screenshot. Share it with us and the community for a chance to receive a handsome reward!

The prize

The winner will get a GeForce® GTX 1080 video card[www.techpowerup.com] as a token of our gratitude. We will also grant a few keys to the Deluxe Set DLC and the OST to anyone else who we feel deserves it.

756198a99d32cf6600f97722cb4a1b497b27841e.png

What we ask you to do is the following:
  • save the most visually incredible / stunning / sick moment from the game you’ve experienced so far in the form of a screenshot (you can make a few if you want to);
  • upload it to INSOMNIA’s Community Hub in the Screenshots tab and add WelcomeThePsychosis into the title, so that we know you are participating.
Please note — screenshots should be made specifically for this contest (i.e. you can’t submit screenshots made prior to today). As a bonus, you can add a description to your entry and explain why exactly the specific scenario in the screenshot feels special to you, but it’s not mandatory.

Spread the word and tell your friends, so they can show their support by liking your screenshot in the game’s Community Hub — this will be one of several parameters that we will be taking into account other than our team’s votes.

Also, make sure you’ve read these contest rules[insomnia-project.com] before participating.

We will accept participants till January 9th and the winners will be announced by January 11th (more details to follow). Let the contest begin!

P.S. if you are new to the whole INSOMNIA: The Ark thing check out our pre-New Year’s live stream today on our Steam page in approximately 2 hours (6PM GMT, 10AM PT, 1PM EST)! You can expect some high octane action and we will be giving away several keys for the game itself, the Deluxe Set DLC and the OST in the process! The link to the stream should appear at the top of the Steam page:

Jinn

Arcane
all i want for christmas is a patch, not this :(

Seems they've refocused all their attention on this shift to the newest version of UE4, so I doubt we'll see any more patches until that is done (not that it matters, because every patch has so far put the game in worse shape than it was in upon the launch version).

Do yourself a favor and either forget about the game for a good long while, or just decide to do a bug-riddled playthrough, and then a playthrough one day if they ever manage to fix this mess. Despite my love for the project, and hope that it'll one day reach such a point, I still have very little faith this is going to happen anytime soon. Unless of course this shift to the most recent version of UE4 miraculously grants the current programmers with the tools (or competency) to salvage this apparently abandoned code.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm not going to claim to be an expert in marketing, but I think this game would have done a lot better as an early access title.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom