Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Five years ago we had feminist critiques about patriarchal structures in video games, people told them to stop complaining and make their own games. Today we have alt-right critiques about cultural marxist structures in video games, every single fucking video game some snowflake is triggered about the gay agenda or progressives or whatever. Funny thing, I haven't seen nearly as many people complaining about sexism or racism in video games as I do see people complaining about everyone who is not a straight fucking white male.

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Five years ago we had feminist critiques about patriarchal structures in video games, people told them to stop complaining and make their own games. Today we have alt-right critiques about cultural marxist structures in video games, every single fucking video game some snowflake is triggered about the gay agenda or progressives or whatever. Funny thing, I haven't seen nearly as many people complaining about sexism or racism in video games as I do see people complaining about everyone who is not a straight fucking white male.

Then you are missing the point in either case.

The point is: Don't put your bullshit beliefs in a game that has no reason to have it. It has nothing to do with RIght wing, left wing, wrong wing or fairy wings. It has to do with integrity, quality and art.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

w40hsQh.jpg

FreeKaner

The point is: Don't put your bullshit beliefs in a game that has no reason to have it. It has nothing to do with RIght wing, left wing, wrong wing or fairy wings. It has to do with integrity, quality and art.

Obeying and upholding status quo is a political belief.

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron

Obeying and upholding status quo is a political belief.

Making good games is not. So stop flooding the forums with stupid discourses and take them to GD.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not sure if this is some kind of devil's advocate troll or if you're actually serious.
That's probably because you read the Codex. That said, I like this site a lot better when it's a place for game discussion rather than a cultural counterweight to Kotaku. It still happens in threads about less mainstream games, thankfully.

FreeKaner

Making good games is not. So stop flooding the forums with stupid discourses and take them to GD.

Your alleged apolitical stance is a political stance in itself my man. In any creative endeavour there will be personal and political beliefs, this is inevitable. This is not a conveyor belt effort (in fact such games will be bad games), it's an effort by collective of people who ideally should pour their passion and soul into it. There is no apolitical games unless you are playing pong or tetris or something like that. Who would have thought RPGs that revolve around the state of society after an apocalypse or galactic corporate expansion would have political commentary reflecting thoughts of writers.

imweasel

Games were better when they were made for everyone to enjoy and nobody was pushing an agenda.

In Fallout 2 your PC could get ass raped by bisexual mutants in Broken Hills and every gamer just laughed. Good times.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Your alleged apolitical stance is a political stance in itself my man. In any creative endeavour there will be personal and political beliefs, this is inevitable. This is not a conveyor belt effort (in fact such games will be bad games), it's an effort by collective of people who ideally should pour their passion and soul into it. There is no apolitical games unless you are playing pong or tetris or something like that. Who would have thought RPGs that revolve around the state of society after an apocalypse or galactic corporate expansion would have political commentary reflecting thoughts of writers.
Almost nobody plays game so he could have political ego stroked! People do play that shit to escape from reality and have some fun,not have political shit shoved down their throat. One of the biggest cornerstone of RPG is the player choice.

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron

Good artists know how to keep their personal biases subtle and still integrate them into their work. If it needs to be hamfisted like you advocate that is but an admission of poor craftsmanship. In fact, I think idiots are easy to manipulate based on appearances like that. Don't be that idiot who forgoes the crucial gameplay for the political doctrine.

Big Wrangle

This is the part where the local cult makes a blood offering to Supreme Infinitron, who then proceeds to nuke the last couple pages.

The Real Fanboy
Almost nobody plays game so he could have political ego stroked! People do play that shit to escape from reality and have some fun,not have political shit shoved down their throat. One of the biggest cornerstone of RPG is the player choice.

Yas! Which is why its so cool that boys can kiss boys and girls can kiss girls in video games without any irl politics getting in the way!

FreeKaner

Good artists know how to keep their personal biases subtle and still integrate them into their work. If it needs to be hamfisted like you advocate that is but an admission of poor craftsmanship. In fact, I think idiots are easy to manipulate based on appearances like that. Don't be that idiot who forgoes the crucial gameplay for the political doctrine.

I advocated no such thing nerd. If you failed the read the last page of the thread it's one guy being triggered pre-emptively about possible existence of a possible gay agenda because some people are not straight. Stop trying to frame this as if it's only political stance if one responds to criticism of particular political beliefs.

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron

I advocated no such thing nerd. If you failed the read the last page of the thread it's one guy being triggered pre-emptively about possible existence of a possible gay agenda because some people are not straight. Stop trying to frame this as if it's only political stance if one responds to criticism of particular political beliefs.

>nerd

lol. You are aware I guess you are on RPG codex, a forum discussing video games, debating politics of art. How naive are you? You must be stupid too to think I can not see what sort of trick you are pulling. I have no problem opposing any other agenda for that matter. Wake me up when they make a truly racist, nazi game. I will side with you then.

Delterius

Arcane

>nerd

lol. You are aware I guess you are on RPG codex, a forum discussing video games, debating politics of art. How naive are you? You must be stupid too to think I can not see what sort of trick you are pulling. I have no problem opposing any other agenda for that matter. Wake me up when they make a truly racist, nazi game. I will side with you then.
having gay people exist = being truly racist and nazi

merry christmas

FreeKaner

For those who do not understand: the claim seems to be from freekaner that the status quo is racist and anti-LGBTQ. Which it is certainly not.

I said no such thing, stop deflecting. I said that the alleged apolitical opinions people hold about video games are political stances in itself, and that pre-emptive complaints about gay agenda are the political critique here not speaking against such triggered snowflakes.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For those who do not understand: the claim seems to be from freekaner that the status quo is racist and anti-LGBTQ. Which it is certainly not.

I said no such thing, stop deflecting. I said that the alleged apolitical opinions people hold about video games are political stances in itself, and that pre-emptive complaints about gay agenda are the political critique here not speaking against such triggered snowflakes.

When you acknowledge that there is an agenda of any kind then there is nothing wrong with critiquing it.
I'd look up "pre-emptive" if I were you.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yas! Which is why its so cool that boys can kiss boys and girls can kiss girls in video games without any irl politics getting in the way!
I really don't care about that degenerate shit,i simply don't buy or play it. Tho i don't mind tasteful faggot from time to time in a game,but this days everyone is niggers and faggots in modern games. There is more than enough good old games to waste my time on,don't really care that the industry is going toward its crash. I lied tho,it will be pretty fun drama when it happens,hope it is sooner because i am bored.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom