Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Arnust

Savant
Prime Flow finally came after like a million years. 'nabbed that and returned to slumber. In another note, I hope Baruuk is a lot less mediocre in general than the last few new Warframes arguably since Harrow (Umbra doesn't really count either).

Arnust

Savant
Tfw you just top off your Akjagara a week before they're announced to be primed...

At least Mesa Prime came before I had time to get on to farming the original.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Personally I still probably wouldn't use the Akjagara Prime. Stat proc weapons have a problem, and it's called cats.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
More important: 3 new creatures. That means 9 new plushees to place in the clan hall and troll Aarne for my {{{safe space}}}.

Gotta collect dem all!

Vaarna_Aarne

Well the rep grind itself wouldn't be as bad as say Quills... Except Toroids are super rare drops and the giant mechanical spider is by far the worst bossfight design DE has ever made. The only silver lining to it is that it's not on a cycle timer like Eidolons, but it's otherwise much more shit than Eidolons.

Lhynn

Arcane
Reward is shit.

Stat based weapons shine at really high levels.

Cats now have a mod that marks an enemy. If you kill it every enemy gets its status effects. That should help.

I like sentinels better tho.

Vaarna_Aarne

IMO not worth a mod slot, since why proc status when you can instead proc death? That's really the thing I'm talking about with cats, it's completely pointless to bother with high stat proc as first and foremost quality of a weapon over DPS when Corrosive takes more than one proc to 100% strip armor now and cats can do that instantly instead while you instead just focus on proccing death. Other stat procs IMO aren't really worth dick, DoTs don't matter in face of proccing death instead, stuns don't matter because abilities can do that and better. The only thing that sort of stands out is Radioactive with a ranged AoE weapon like Staticor since it can be an ad hoc CC, and Viral because like Corrosive it has synergy with proccing death.

Sykar

Arcane
IMO not worth a mod slot, since why proc status when you can instead proc death? That's really the thing I'm talking about with cats, it's completely pointless to bother with high stat proc as first and foremost quality of a weapon over DPS when Corrosive takes more than one proc to 100% strip armor now and cats can do that instantly instead while you instead just focus on proccing death. Other stat procs IMO aren't really worth dick, DoTs don't matter in face of proccing death instead, stuns don't matter because abilities can do that and better. The only thing that sort of stands out is Radioactive with a ranged AoE weapon like Staticor since it can be an ad hoc CC, and Viral because like Corrosive it has synergy with proccing death.

Cat can get armor off 1 enemy once every few seconds. With huge hordes you are better off with CP and corrosive procs. Also corrosive deals substantial extra damage against quite a few Grineer types.
Procs isn't something I'd build around but if I get them anyway why not.

Sykar

Arcane
Huge hordes die with just damage tho, you don't get that many bombards or gunners.

What elemental combination procs death? Need info, instructions unclear.
The element of very high DPS, most likely with critical combination.

Depends on enemy level. There are more enemies than just Bombards which do not get one shot at higher levels.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Aside from Bombards and Nox, there aren't really any enemies that don't die when you feed them a well crafted shotgun sammich. Or whatever you use. The problem at higher levels is either the AoE/spread dammich of doom coming out of left field, or the annoying gimmick giftstravaganza. Doesn't matter how many shots it takes to kill an enemy when he spawns and instagib you from behind. "You cannot kill what you cannot see" is valid for us too. Sad.

E.g. when you play leet slaw elite onslaught, you sometimes... just die. Because... reasons. Maybe some ubercrit, maybe a shotgunfag was aiming for someone else bypassing Mirage's mirror images, or maybe some Bombard's anal candle took the wrong turn. Happens even to pros.

Or try farming inside the Spezport on venus. After a while the whole area is one yuge nullifier bubble carried by skaters with 1000 dmg stunprods. Yeah... makes Bethesda's levelscaling look good. :hahano:

Vaarna_Aarne

And if you melee most of the time there's even fewer enemies that would demand procs to die (since even Bombards and Gunners will soon be on the ground and eat that ground finisher armor bypass if they aren't dead from the combo multiplier already, and that's before abilities and focus are factored in), though nowadays that's kind of hard if you aren't using Nezha because SOMEONE at DE thinks that melee shouldn't have movement outside of what the combo inherently has, and only Nezha has inherent slide bonus to slide right past this dumbass decision (sure you could slap on parkour mods but that'd be a massive waste of mod slots).

Funny thing about Spaceport farming, when Sloppy's got the Army of the Dead running about I just get this paranoid cold sweat seeing all those nullifier bubbles even if many/most of them don't affect me.

Ivan

Arcane
So what is this? I played the tutorial story mission and was pretty meh.

Is this Diablo w.guns? How is loot handled, plz don't say it's like Borderlands

Lhynn

Arcane
Third person shooter with decent movement mechanics. It's fast paced and has a fairly in-depth load out customization.

Tons of content and a fairly decent community.

It's more of a lobby based multiplayer than an MMO.

Arnust

Savant
Well, you're kind of all wrong. Borderlands has a lot of completely random drops, but uniques come in mission rewards as a definite reward and certain mobs or bosses have defined drop pools, and the way uniques and legendaries work is by including a unique part that defines what set of parts can go with them while the "random" weapons do actually act the same way, but without the unique/legendary modifiers like specific spread patterns and such.

WF would be similar when you're grinding for warframe and weapon parts, except getting one single lucky drop isn't enough and isn't followed by a crafting and resource cost. That sounds bad but in the other hand shared and defined resource pools make the items who are crafted off those resources a lot more permissive than most grinding sims. That's why the open world areas' own sets of resources are such a massive grind, you've not been passively collecting materials for the hours of your life this stole from you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom