Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Yaaay!!

Hello, dear friends!

At long last, it happened! Finally the moment came, when we can finally say that ATOM RPG is complete! Honestly, it’s hard for us to believe it happened so fast, in just a bit more than a year’s time. The main reason for this amazing growth from a two hour long Kickstarter beta to a game that makes some players lose themselves for 100+ hours, is in you - our awesome players.

It was very hard at times, but we managed, thanks to the advice you gave, the trust you put in us, the constant support you blessed us with. These are not empty words, when we say that ATOM is our game, but it’s also yours.

Now let’s see what we have accomplished together:

ATOM is a Fallout and Wasteland inspired RPG that became something more or less original and independant as it was developed. It’s completely non-linear. It features more than 450+ NPC characters, each with a unique portrait, a branching dialogue and his or her own place in the world’s structure.

ATOM has various endings and various paths to reach them with. The system of perks, skills and traits will let you create any character type you can imagine, be it a brawler or a traveling intellectual.

ATOM now features more than 250 unique quests of all shapes and sizes - from simple to epic, from partially hidden to in-your-face obvious.

It has 90+ different locations, scattered around three global maps. It holds 100+ types of weapons, 30+ types of enemies, and even a car. A lot is possible in this living world, the fate of which largely depends on your gameplay choices.

And the best thing is this: We’re not letting go of this world just yet. After this release, there will be plenty more content to come in the shape of free DLCs and patches!

Thank you for walking this road with us.

And let there always be ATOM!

203f932a1483a2e5950c4f60272d9a1e63648523.jpg

----> THERE IT IS https://store.steampowered.com/app/552620/ATOM_RPG_Postapocalyptic_indie_game/ GET IT HERE <----

Now the special Codex bit. You guys rock. Like, you know, I lurked this place for a while before my first post way back when, mainly checking out if Grimoire came out yet. I posted our Kickstarter campaign info here thinking I'll be torn to shreds, though. But instead, I've got overwhelming support, some of the most intellectual, humorous & thought provoking conversations and some of the most sound advice for our game, I contacted awesome dudes like Matt Barton, Shane Plays and many others through here and really learned some stuff. You'll be hearing from me a lot in the future! Like when I'll finally get an hour of spare time to answer all those beautiful posts. Thanks, everybody!

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I suppose it's asked and answered a million times, but I'm lazy... is there GOG release in horizon?

Codex Year of the Donut
No possibility to name save games?
I prefer to write sort description about what I was planning to do.
Some games won't let you name savegames. Always a bit weird.
Then again, I just tend to name them "one", "two". "three" or "adsads" if I'm lazy, so whatever :lol:
hate games that force you to name your saves
all mine end up named a, aa, aaa, b, adfdsf, 123

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No possibility to name save games?
I prefer to write sort description about what I was planning to do.
Some games won't let you name savegames. Always a bit weird.
Then again, I just tend to name them "one", "two". "three" or "adsads" if I'm lazy, so whatever :lol:
hate games that force you to name your saves
all mine end up named a, aa, aaa, b, adfdsf, 123
Both forcing to name and not allowing to name suck.
Just have a good default name, but still allow to edit it - that is the best variant.

Last edited:

Bah

Arcane
Lots of little issues seen so far, and I'm not even past the intro movie. But my faith is not yet shaken

* No 16:10 resolution options
* When editing character Biography, can only hit backspace once, subsequent presses do nothing. Moving the cursor allows backspace to be used once more, until cursor moved with mouse again. After starting the game all of those backspace presses that didn't work show up as (((( in the biography.
* Traveler Clothes Kit - Raindeer should be Reindeer
* Starting conversation: "i'm" should be capitalized.

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Some early impressions...

• Intro video narration is almost unintelligible, thank god for subtitles
  • The perks at character creation make little sense in terms of the + and - they give;
  • No key binding? Disappointing
  • No visual queue if you are stealing from a container or not
  • Dialogues are very bare bones, the same options for every npc (Hows it going, hows life, anything bothering you, have work, rumors?)
  • Dialogue choices you have already chosen dont grey out
  • Performance is good, so are the load times
  • the ingame cut scene when approaching the first village was unexpected
  • Quest log is very simple, to a fault. Location tabs and more detailed descriptions would be nice
Havent entered combat yet or explored much beyond arriving in the first town.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
No tutorials on anything... So i have to ask, how to i use skills? Figure i need to use one to fix the generator? Messed around with the UI and all the keyboard but unlike Fallout there doesnt seem to be a skill button.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Its even better than 0.8 now its strange that you can't change your clothes and that one of set comes with magic STR+1 beret while other sets have no bonuses also when you develop high speech the barter becomes useless and you better of picking pickpocket or combat skills or maybe crafting instead. No big deal about it but those were separate skills in Fallouts. Anyways game is even more fun now, runs and loads fast unlike *caughs* Other Ruskiye game Codex has hard on with one exception being the briefing movie which somehow loads really slow. Congratulations for ATOM team Comrades Developers. :salute::incline::salute:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
No tutorials on anything... So i have to ask, how to i use skills? Figure i need to use one to fix the generator? Messed around with the UI and all the keyboard but unlike Fallout there doesnt seem to be a skill button.

Use left mouse button on object or person Comrade.
How about lockpicking?
Do I need an item to try opening locks?

edit.
Got it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom