Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Nope... I feel there is a lot to be learned from the experience and I'm sharing... Nothing wrong with that.

You bloody derpy derp, most people have enough common sense to avoid doing the same dumb shit that you and Appleton have done, it takes someone really, REALLY special, a special kind of special, kind of person to download a free game engine, glue some assets together and think:

“Oh my fucking god, I’m such a sugoi game developer! Better do a Kickstarter for a fucking MMORPG!”

You have one fucking friend here, one, and it’s a fucking penguin, a black one even. Just a couple of posts ago he stood up for you, and told us how intelligent you supposedly are… a couple of weeks, it’s how long it took you to show up and prove otherwise by completely ignoring his good (fucking god-like actually) advice to STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM GREED MONGER, YOU DUMB FUCKING TWAT, stick to your lego or whatever you were working on.

I understand it’s the only thing that gives you the attention you so much crave for, but you go on and on, rubbing salt on the people who were dumb enough to believe in your stupid crap, on top of it, you had Appleton paying it all back just to get ride of it, and here you are, just begging for that apple flavored dick to fuck you in the ass… fucking hell dude.
Ummm excuse me Sir- This is 2018. We prefer to be referred to as 'Antarctic Americans' ...I'm triggered as fuck and am appalled that the codex allows such microaggressions to go unchecked.

I bite my thumb at thee, sir.

Nah- Just fucking with you- I'm a flightless bird and we're used to persecution from the flighted, those with opposable thumbs and various 2 legged monkeys who walk upright.

I'm actually looking forward as fuck to this tell all- If I'm honest. The old adage "if you cant beat 'em, join em" comes to mind.

I think hes done a great job with the videos so far and hes learning to do all that as he goes and has been sticking with it and pushing out original content- Hes doing something hes fully capable of making work and being reasonable with his ability and has stuck with this for like a month now which is one of his biggest issues and if he keeps it up it might start building a foundation of a good work ethic and other skills .

Doing a GM tell all is going to potentially be pretty epic- I'm done with arguing and shit about any of it regardless. Jim is my friend and I'm not his keeper, his business partner or anything else and I'm not going to have rifts in our friendship over shit that honestly isnt my business.

I say 'bring on the tell all'- especially if it could be done in a mock VH1 "behind the music' documentary style- With re-enactments and shit.

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
I really think its a matter of time till he annoys the wrong person, or to give Appleton an excuse to fuck him over.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Jason has no grounds to take any sort of action against me. If I want to tell about what I think the lessons are from Greed Monger then I have every right to do so. I won't be bad mouthing Jason or anything.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
IDK but in "Greed Monger: The movie" I think Kit Harington should play as the DarKPenguiN.

Samuel L Jackson should play Appeleton.

That kid from stranger things should play Jim

Myobi should be played by Johnny Depp (before he drank himself into looking like my grandma)

And Lumpyman should have a guest appearance as himself.

Oh and there will have to be a regular cut and a directors cut since the swingers scene will have to be far too censored in the theatrical release.

Oh and also Cleve has to somehow make an appearance- maybe take some creative liberties with the story and have him face off against Appleton at the end of the movie.

Myobi

Liturgist
Jason has no grounds to take any sort of action against me. If I want to tell about what I think the lessons are from Greed Monger then I have every right to do so. I won't be bad mouthing Jason or anything.

You don’t have to bad mouth him, nor he does need much of a ground to screw you over.

Check H3H3 court case, they won, yet the case dragged on for ages and if it wasn’t for their large follower base backing them up with donations, it would have financially destroyed them.

Don’t get me wrong, do whatever you want, if you get yourself fucked over, it’s just extra free giggles for everyone.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Myobi you're taking this shit too seriously.

P.S. the most astounding fact about this project that it actually does what it promises to do. Everyone tied to it exchanges his Sanity for Greed until he loses his mind completely.

3 years ago - James being realistic and trying to shove some sense into Jason's thick skull about the sheer magnitude of such a project
Now - James accepting Jason's "fake it until you make it" mantra and trying to convince us he is able to develop an MMO all by himself

Utter, fucking, madness.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
Myobi you're taking this shit too seriously.

P.S. the most astounding fact about this project that it actually does what it promises to do. Everyone tied to it exchanges his Sanity for Greed until he loses his mind completely.

3 years ago - James being realistic and trying to shove some sense into Jason's thick skull about the sheer magnitude of such a project

Now - James accepting Jason's "fake it until you make it" mantra and trying to convince us he is able to develop an MMO all by himself

Utter, fucking, madness.

clip_image001.gif
clip_image001.gif
clip_image001.gif

Maybe, it’s just so fucking stupid…

Appleton is paying a pretty penny just to get rid of the damn thing, and this fucking moron keeps bringing it up every month, because it’s the only thing that gives him the attention he seeks:

“Hey guys, here is screen shots of Rise of Heroes!”

“Guys, guuuuys, we have a discord, come and join >us<, pleassseee?”

“Guys? C’mon….”

“Look… more rise of heroes!”

“……….. =(“

“GREED MONGER! GREED MONGER! GREED MONGER!”

Massively OP: Oh, shit son more articles! https://massivelyop.com/tag/greed-monger/

… and then he goes around pretending that he does it for the “greater good”, it’s for the backers! They deserve to get something for their sacrifice! And he will do his best…. For an entire week, then he’ll just get tired and drop it again…. Just to show up again in a couple of months… while the people he so much tries to “help” beg him to just fucking drop it already.

EJoe

Educated
James,
It's been... 2012 when you started on Greed Monger ... or in other words, 6+ years (2012-coming -2019).

You could have the brains and the smartness to give up on it...

Here's why - you could have invested in your education, get a diploma or college-degree, then go work as a Junior developer.
Then, you could have choose a career-path where eventually after 3 or 4 years, you could work under a company, and gain experience with (other game engines that could do proper MMOs).
You could be part of a team of developers and artists making a big MMO...

Now, it's 6+ years, I see junk on Jame's YT. James can't see his own foolishness?

I look at the Unity MMO Channel I notice:
- no art.
- James is probably playing single-user without any other person.
- frame-rate drops.
- no quests, maybe default quests.
- very little or no monsters, nearly empty.

Here's a proper MMO. It's written in Unity 3.xx/Web-based, made 7 years ago.

Pursue your dreams? Haha.

I really hope this post puts some sense into you.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
James,
It's been... 2012 when you started on Greed Monger ... or in other words, 6+ years (2012-coming -2019).

You could have the brains and the smartness to give up on it...

Here's why - you could have invested in your education, get a diploma or college-degree, then go work as a Junior developer.
Then, you could have choose a career-path where eventually after 3 or 4 years, you could work under a company, and gain experience with (other game engines that could do proper MMOs).
You could be part of a team of developers and artists making a big MMO...

Now, it's 6+ years, I see junk on Jame's YT. James can't see his own foolishness?

I look at the Unity MMO Channel I notice:
- no art.
- James is probably playing single-user without any other person.
- frame-rate drops.
- no quests, maybe default quests.
- very little or no monsters, nearly empty.

Here's a proper MMO. It's written in Unity 3.xx/Web-based, made 7 years ago.

Pursue your dreams? Haha.

I really hope this post puts some sense into you.

Obviously, you are correct-

The problem is those things require long term work and effort that last longer than a few months- Those things require some sacrifice and a real desire to improve ones self and situation.

Success isnt going to fall out of the sky.

Having "dreams" is fine but they require hard work to come to any sort of fruition- Not just a burst of work for a month and then nothing because instant success didnt occur.

There is a fine line between 'optimism' and naivety- I have a dream to be an Astronaut but I sure as hell am not going to go to school to fly a Sesna and I'm sure as hell not going to take a job doing anything else because...Muh dream! So I'll just not do anything... I'm above flipping burgers or doing anything else because I dont have to worry about pesky things like homelessness or bare cupboards- I can just follow my dreams to be an Astronaut or do nothing at all.

EJoe

Educated
I think you misunderstand what I mean -

I have a dream to be an Astronaut

There are two ways to be an Astronaut -
I've asked James to review option 2, four years ago.

1. Be an Elon Musk person. Have billions at your disposal. Be of excellent caliber and able to command thousands of employees.

2. Be an employee of an organization that will train you to be an Astronaut.

----------------------------

In same way, there are two ways to make a MMO -

1. Own the business. Need to hire artists, developers, scam-artists, con-artists,
Need to delegate work to many artists and developers.
Need to ensure constant cashflow during project.
Must be an art director or tech director quality.

2. Be an employee in an organization that makes a multi-player game, not necessarily MMO, like DOTA-style, PUBG-style, turned-based.
Work with other legit artists, legit developers in a team, and in an office.
Profit every month via salary.

You can only choose one choice. Choose wisely.

With James, he choose 1.
What happened next?
- Not enough funds to hire artists, or he make stupid comments that alienate artists.
- Take excessively long time to do something simple.
- No portfolio, or broken stupid games.
- Videos (see previous post)
- Show errors about Atavism MMO, when those errors are due to Jame's inability to debug his own errors.
- Space-invaders with serious errors not fixed since years...

What was asked of James -
- Give up choice 1.
- Go take a CompSci college degree or diploma. Or maybe Arts diploma... By then, that would allow James to get an instructor to teach him how to code or draw... or model...
- After a few years, he could get a job (tm).
- After a few years, he would realize he was mistaken and he can now earn a living. If he gets into a company that makes multi-player games, he could get his name on the credits list of a MMO... or maybe AAA game...

What happened now?
1. (See previous post).
2. Make terrible looking MMO-games...

I think James should think about his future, rather than do-nothing, on welfare, need to work at home...

EJoe

Educated
How do I preorder this
Collectors edition, Ultimate edition or standard edition? Are you also interested in perhaps a season pass?
What edition should I get if I bought the fo76 power armor edition?

Well... if you see Greed Monger...

https://massivelyop.com/2018/08/10/greed-monger-delays-refunds-again-because-of-crypto-market-dips/

There’s been another update in the long-running saga that is Greed Monger.

Greed Monger is easily the most infamous MMORPG Kickstarter failure to date, having raised over $100,000 back in 2012 to build what the developers said would be a “crafting-focused sandbox MMORPG.” By 2015, the project imploded as devs abandoned it over a lack of funding, generating scam accusations from angry backers. Subsequent attempts to revive the game failed, but earlier this year, the original founder, Jason Appleton, resurfaced and vowed to reimburse Kickstarter backers with his newfound cryptocurrency fortune. (Appleton has his own account of the past few years of Greed Monger drama, primarily blaming incompetent lead developers, trolls, and the press for the failure of the game.)

The problem was many Kickstarter backers claimed and claim they still haven’t received those refunds, and in May, Appleton railed at angry backers on Kickstarter, saying that he’d closed down application for refunds, that he’d run into technical hurdles trying to reimburse people, and that he was under no obligation to give these refunds. A few weeks later, he blamed refund delays on both PayPal’s byzantine processes and on the backers who hadn’t come up with a mass-reimbursement system or otherwise helped him.

This week’s update offers an excuse for another delay. “The crypto market is a red sea and my profits are down so I may have to wait until next month and hope things have come back and maybe I can double down,” Appleton writes. “In any case, yes, I’m committed to getting all of the submitted refunds complete this year. Every time I send out more refunds it just makes me feel good. I’ve been very blessed this year and I’m working 12-16 hours some days, but [it’s] worth it.” He finishes up with a summary of his life story and then blasts and offers life advice to the “trolls” who continue to hound him (for their money back).

Myobi

Liturgist
Lol, Proctor wagging his tail on the comment section for finding some drops of pitty.

EJoe

Educated
It has recently coming to our attention that a well know member of our community has a shady past and may very well be up to his old tricks again or at least taking advantage of his followers. In this article, we lay out before you, past and present schemes and "scams".
The cryptocurrency community takes a battering everyday. It's reputation coming under constant attack. People in the space need to be held accountable. Jason Appleton AKA The Crypto Crow is one of those people.

Please note. This is a very long article, but in order to present everything we need to do this.

Part 1. What we know.

http://cryptoscamalerts.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-crypto-crow-scammer-swinger-shiller.html

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom