Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

agris

Arcane
Patron
Atomboy Just bought the game, congratulations on the release. I made my character and have arrived in the first town, and I'm enjoying myself so far. I want to pass some criticism along though, because the game makes a few poor first impressions that can very easily be avoided.

This is all on the English 1.01 Steam version.

• When selecting outfits, the description of pants having a reindeer pattern says "raindeer"
  • In the very first text you have, with the "visitor", there is a lower-case "i'm" rather than the properly capitalized "I'm"
  • The description for Nails is intended to say that they "are bent", but instead says "ar bent"
  • In the fallout-esque intro video, describing how the world got the way it is, the narrator mispronounces "mere" badly, and there are some missing articles such as "the" before "apocalypse"; for example, "before apocalypse" is what is said / subtitled, rather than "before the apocalypse"
Separately, there are some control issues that you probably know about, but I thought I would list them anyway:
  • You *must* give us options for increasing the camera rotation rate when using Q/E, it is as slow as old people fucking atm
  • We need rebindable keys. Q/E are swapped from their correct rotation directions IMO
  • Please, please preserve the camera tilt (azimuth) setting across zones. I set it to as low as possible, and it resets as soon as I enter another zone.
That's it! I'm looking forward to playing more. I feel the Fallout heart and soul in the game, it looks promising. One other English issue is on drugs, I think some are supposed to be marked as "Addiction: Addictive", but instead are labelled "Addiction: Addiction".

Cheers!

Edit: with the camera zoom setting set to max, vegitation visibly pops in in a radius around the center if the camera. You probably want to increase the render distance so that we don’t see the pop in.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Congrats on the release lah.

:excellent:

Thanks! I love Das Geisterschiff!

it’s better than underrail?

Personally, I would pokemon battle our dialogues \ plot against Underrail dialogues \ plot for a small chance at a tie at the very least. But I'd keep our game balance far away from the amazing yet terrifying beast that is Underrail balance. Their stuff is like clockwork, you know. Every single point in every single skill matters. If it's pure, beautiful hardcore you're looking for, like I sometimes do, Underrail is king. Atom is less hardcore in this regard and more forgiving to venturing outside a certain build you decided on from the start.

Atomboy Just bought the game, congratulations on the release. I made my character and have arrived in the first town, and I'm enjoying myself so far. I want to pass some criticism along though, because the game makes a few poor first impressions that can very easily be avoided.

This is all on the English 1.01 Steam version.

• When selecting outfits, the description of pants having a reindeer pattern says "raindeer"
  • In the very first text you have, with the "visitor", there is a lower-case "i'm" rather than the properly capitalized "I'm"
  • The description for Nails is intended to say that they "are bent", but instead says "ar bent"
  • In the fallout-esque intro video, describing how the world got the way it is, the narrator mispronounces "mere" badly, and there are some missing articles such as "the" before "apocalypse"; for example, "before apocalypse" is what is said / subtitled, rather than "before the apocalypse"
Separately, there are some control issues that you probably know about, but I thought I would list them anyway:
  • You *must* give us options for increasing the camera rotation rate when using Q/E, it is as slow as old people fucking atm
  • We need rebindable keys. Q/E are swapped from their correct rotation rates IMO
  • Please, please preserve the camera tilt (azimuth) setting across zones. I set it to as low as possible, and it resets as soon as I enter another zone.
That's it! I'm looking forward to playing more. I feel the Fallout heart and soul in the game, it looks promising. One other English issue is on drugs, I think some are supposed to be marked as "Addiction: Addictive", but instead are labelled "Addiction: Addiction".

Cheers!
Hi! Yeah, Raindeer and I'm are going into a hot fix... And I thought we repaired the nails 4 updates ago lol :D Thanks for finding it out! Some of the articles were dropped to do the "Russian" thingy (bcz last thing we learn properly are the articles) but I can agree on the mere. Camera wise - Rebinding is no problem, we'll either add it or post modding instructions when the heat goes down a bit. On camera movement: just hold shift!

The game seems fine and so far I'm having fun. I really like the presentation, but I'm wondering why some stuff are in capitals, and some are not. Like:

vgRTHZS.png

Not even sure what "round" is supposed to be. One bullet? But what is shot round then? Shotgun round?

A9YkCN4.png

This also looks a bit weird to me. But then again, maybe it's just me.

The capitals are a context thing :( In the game's inner system you just see the word патрон and you don't know whether it's going to be in the beginning or the end of the sentence. We'll try to give them proper capital letters in the update. Same goes for death screen! Thanks!

So far translation is fine to great.

I ran into a gamebreaking bug. At the factory. Where you have to interrogate the dude, if you save after they open the cell but before you start the interrogation it seems to break the save and it will load forever. Happened twice.

So far this game is amazing. The characters are alive and the quests are great. I'm amazed you managed to present the everyday life and struggle of eastern euros so realistically.

I fucking loved my first random encounter with 3 guys that think one of them is a monster.

Early impressions is that this game is amazing. I'm enjoying it immensely but still at the honey moon period.

Thank you so much! Did you figure out which one was infected? :-----)

Lhynn

Arcane
Thank you so much! Did you figure out which one was infected? :-----)
Im going to say no because the 3 of them gave rougly the same story but very different. From the name of the old lady to the place they met her. I think theres something i missed. I even thought it was probable that two of them were infected.

Im hoping ill get to see how it turned out later. Or try something different in a future playthrough.

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
I made this and now the dev says that dumping Luck is the best option... At least I didnt get far. Cant kill the snitch and the guards wont help xD. Need to find my future slaves to do my bidding...
EG1QAav.jpg

As a minmax tip, perks that lower some stats dont lower it to zero if you already have only 1 in it. But you still get the bonus.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Found nice backpack instead of bag inside the safe of Comrade you rescue from totally not Putin cell; felt much more nicer than bag I found there playing 0.8 a fulling reward for difficult quest.

Now my Diplo PC is walking with sleeveless telnyashka, backpack, with TT pistol under her belt and with Panamka on head. :hero: By Stalin ghost this game is best RPG since AOD.

agris

Arcane
Patron
also anyone here using the UI scaling? I had to bump it up just to make the dialogue/text easier to read
I'm using 1.5x at 2560x1600, and it looks good.

The game defaulted to 2.0x for my resolution, but skill name text was wrapping oddly and in general it was too large.

For traits, I think Glutton and Anarobic are really powerful. You get a lot of extra stat points with almost no downsides, and the bonus carry weight from Anarobic lets you knock your STR down for even more.

Lhynn

Arcane
Lucky one is amazing, its 4 extra points at the cost of -10 to a lot of skills you wont be using. Technophobe is also pretty good.

The drawbacks can mostly be overturned if you put those extra points into intelligence, maxing it, which will work for a lot of other things as well.

Also im still trying to figure out the perk system, im not sure going for the +3 skillpoint per level is a good idea considering perks get more and more expensive as you pick more.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
also anyone here using the UI scaling? I had to bump it up just to make the dialogue/text easier to read
I'm using 1.5x at 2560x1600, and it looks good.

The game defaulted to 2.0x for my resolution, but skill name text was wrapping oddly and in general it was too large.

For traits, I think Glutton and Anarobic are really powerful. You get a lot of extra stat points with almost no downsides, and the bonus carry weight from Anarobic lets you knock your STR down for even more.

on 1080p it defaulted to 1.0 to me and it was too small.. I bumped it up to 1.25 and it was better, 1.5 was nice but maybe a little too big.. wish there was a setting between those or that it was just on a slider...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Holy Satan, I don't recall when was the last time I spent so many hours in front of a screen.

To all codexers who, like me, were afraid about the amount of references and memeing: worry not. While there certainly is an abundance, it's nothing jarring.
Most of the time it's put in a way that's fitting to the setting; you'll get called a normie by mutated circus freaks, or discuss Shakespeare with one of them, provided your character can pass a skill check. At the very worst, it feels like a snobby way of showing off by the writers, but nothing too bad.

They can be a little on the nose. Take the circus for example, they have an npc there whose portrait is of the actor who plays the iron fist on netflix, making jokes about the iron fist, not funny and off putting to be honest.
The fuck are you talking about?! Who/what is fist of iron or what ever its name is?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
One thing I'm finding very off-putting about the combat is the sound, or lack of it. There are no hit sounds with hand to hand for example.
You probably are at the max zoom level.

The sound seems to cut out when I play at the max zoom level. There are no combat sounds like hits etc.

When I zoom closer, it plays the combat sounds without issue.

Wolfe

Arbiter
I've just bought it even though I'm not going to be playing it straight away, my backlog's killing me at the moment.. but this game just looks awesome for a Fallout fan. Congrats on the release!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom