Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Welcome to Pandora (Rimworld)

Pandorym

Novice
The previous style was much better. Revert to that pl0x.

No worries, this is your low grade bottom shelf post when I have very little time, like drinking well vodka in a Bloody Mary. Unless people expressed overwhelming desire for this manner of narration, it is only a temporary stopgap until I can acquire the three to four hours necessary to do a proper post.

Pandorym

Novice
Speaking of a proper post, I'll have little to no time to do one on Wednesday. So I'm going to do one now! Hold onto your dirty socks and clench your buttcheeks tight folks!

Pandorym

Novice
Day 7

bwZEsJG.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
*rubs his head* What strange dreams. I keep seeing the most overwhelming image in my mind – a massive titan of maddeningly unknowable presence, continually radiating a sense of what I can only interpret as a vile, twisted form of maternal love.

mj9TyDU.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
It must be the plague affecting me, that's all. That or the grimoire. And I much prefer one to the other.

5UTjJv5.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
I'm feeling better though! Much better. Must be on the mend having caught it early and quickly.

tjBvOgt.jpg
*snorts medicine* Hmm? What's this? An odd... tingling sensation in the back of my skull. Someone is here. Someone new. Someone seeking the Old Ones and their eldritch knowledge.

YRXWl6F.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
*places his hand on his head* I see something. A vision of some kind. A man covered in blood, saving lives even as he cares little for who they belong to. A paramedic, a man of strength and charisma.

R9yhAkO.png

The door to the barracks creaks open. Standing there is a man with dark hair and a greying beard, dripping rainwater and holding an autopistol.

GhHUdUm.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Who... who are you?

aagYcs4.jpg
The name's Silva. Lane Silva. But here, in this place and at this time, you can call me Baud.

tjBvOgt.jpg
As in a unit of transmission? How curious. Why?

aagYcs4.jpg
Because I got the transmission. You can't stop the signal. I saw the visions, heard the whispers. They led me here. I've come to join the Falling Stars End. I've come to serve the Old Ones.

tjBvOgt.jpg

tjBvOgt.jpg
It's a dark and dangerous game you play.

aagYcs4.jpg
*smiles thinly* Don't we all. You're no exception. I was immersed in your psychic network the moment I set foot on this ground.

tjBvOgt.jpg
...Well, welcome, at any rate. We can always use more help. Go ahead and mark yourself out a sleeping spot, but do it quietly – the others are still resting.

aagYcs4.jpg
*sets up along the southern wall and looks over at Wuz* That's the one, isn't it? The author. The Hand That Draws.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Kheh heh, yeah. That's We Wuz Kangz, or just Wuz for short. He's the one who found the monolith and through it peered beyond the veil, his body unconsciously writing down all it saw.

aagYcs4.jpg
You know this so intimately?

tjBvOgt.jpg
I do. I wrote one too, once upon a time. And died for it. But that is behind me now.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Let's change the subject. Tell me about yourself, Baud.

aagYcs4.jpg
Certainly. When I was younger, I was a medical assistant treating the victims of a war in the southern reaches that involved copious amounts of napalm.

T1NAfpI.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
How horrifying.

aagYcs4.jpg
Perhaps so, and it scarred me mentally. To this day the fear of bright flame is almost all-consuming, but in times of absolute crisis I am capable of steeling myself against it.

aagYcs4.jpg
Afterwards thanks to my experience in the medical field I became a paramedic, specializing in emergency on-scene medical treatment. I saved many lives, and no small amount of them thanks to some of your textbooks, Spigot.

tjBvOgt.jpg
You know of me? I suppose my reputation precedes me.

aagYcs4.jpg
Indeed it does. Anyhow, as a result of dealing with many traumatic cases – many of which involved near-fatal gunshot wounds – I picked up a disdain for violence, especially concerning firearms.

KnJvWI4.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Then why are you carrying a gun?

aagYcs4.jpg
Come now Spigot, you know as well as anyone that life is dangerous out on the rim.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Too true. Please, continue.

aagYcs4.jpg
Due to the physical exertion from constantly carrying and lifting patients, I've developed quite a strong back. You won't find me slouching when it comes to heavy labor.

HXMQEeY.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
That's good, Bob will be pleased to hear that. That's him over there, the one in the middle. He's basically the leader here, along with the sheriff.

aagYcs4.jpg
Hmm. I'll have to keep that information in mind. Thank you. Moving on...

aagYcs4.jpg
For a while due to the serious mental issues I was suffering due to all of the blood, burns, death, gore, and so on I was placed in the collections department for the hospital I was employed at. *smiles* I never failed to convince customers to pay.

nE9NqF3.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Well it's good to have someone more socially-inclined amongst our ranks. We, ah, aren't so well on that front. We have good hearts! Just not... good words. Even myself.

aagYcs4.jpg
You are to be forgiven for that, naturally. Your role is to save lives, not make others feel better about themselves. Leave that to me.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Anything else?

aagYcs4.jpg
Ah yes, somewhat important this last one is. You see, thanks to all of the trauma and dealing with dying patients, I've suffered a sort of disconnect. While I'm socially adept I find it difficult to really CARE about others, even if they're suffering. I suppose you could call me a high-functioning psychopath.

TyPfAat.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Hmm. Well, while the notion is disturbing – especially since you lack empathy even though you're a medical professional and a socialite – I can't say it's the worst thing I've ever seen. I once knew a man named Grimwulf obsessed with labor and building communism. He couldn't have cared less about his people beyond their capacity to assist him. It doesn't bother me that much.

aagYcs4.jpg
Fantastic. Good to know. I'll make sure to keep that little detail to myself when it comes to the others however, just in case.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Wise idea. Now you've got me curious however: just how skilled are you in medicine?

aagYcs4.jpg
I would say that I have strongly mastered the medicinal arts. Of course I'm not as skilled as you by any means, but I can more than certainly hold my own. If you find yourself laid up with the plague again like you are now, rest assured I'm quite capable of handling treatments as needed.

JQymAXQ.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Well that's a relief at least, don't have to worry about Codexia's only doctor being out of commission and less than useful when he's ill.

aagYcs4.jpg
Oh, there's no need to worry. You're far too troubled by this. Anyhow, I'm starving from the long journey here. Mind if I get something to eat?

tjBvOgt.jpg
Please, go right ahead. I'll be here resting. I'll also explain to the others who you are so no unpleasant surprises or questions come up.

A little later.

aagYcs4.jpg
I'd know these anywhere – military rations made from hospital food. No wonder they're so dry, tough, and bland. I could likely use these as splints for a broken leg. *leaves the storage room only to pass Bob on the way out*

a0vbTvk.jpg
So yer th' new guy huh? Baud, was it? All these folks have weird names these days. Spigot told me about ya already, so jes' make sure ya work hard and help defend the colony.

aagYcs4.jpg
Of course. That goes without question.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Make sure ya learn th' two main rules too: Work hard, do what's right.

aagYcs4.jpg
Very well.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Also keep in mind that I'm th' sheriff, so I'll be watchin' ya fer any funny business.

aagYcs4.jpg
Oh I assure you sheriff, there's no “funny business” coming from me.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Good. Now git ta work. I'm gonna grab me a meal and then start cuttin' stone again. Go... I don't know... clean something or whatever.

aagYcs4.jpg
I'm on it.

W3aEpBc.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
Hey Bob, how'z... how'z it goin'?

a0vbTvk.jpg
*cutting rocks* Jes' fine 'sides all this damn rain. Ya heard 'bout th' new guy, Baud?

OcZlI8l.jpg
*flicks another page of the grimoire and mumbles to himself for a moment before responding* Wut? Ya, I did. Heard he'z a gewd medic. Which iz gewd, yeah. Mo' docs, less chance of dyin'. Good talker too.

a0vbTvk.jpg
He's a slippery snake, I'll say that much. I dunno if I trust him – something in his eyes makes m' trigger finger twitch.

OcZlI8l.jpg
*scratches long deep furrows down his cheek with his hand as he researches the geometrically insane symbols* Wutever. Just try not to kill him, aight?

5BJOWie.png

aagYcs4.jpg
*cleaning while whistling* So dirty, this place.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Zzz... HUH? What? Oh. Baud, would you mind either keeping it down or cleaning somewhere else for now? I'm trying to rest.

aagYcs4.jpg
Sure, Spigot. Sweet dreams of eldritch beings. *departs*

tjBvOgt.jpg
… How did he know about that?

1v4Aikl.png

Later.

a0vbTvk.jpg
*Glug glug glug... BURP!* Ah. That's a refreshing soda! Too bad it's th' last one. Oh well. I'm sure Wuz won't miss it.

7XTKsKn.png

aagYcs4.jpg
Bob! How's the day for you?

a0vbTvk.jpg
Makin' embrasures, cuttin' blocks. Work. What are ya doin' jes' walkin' around?

aagYcs4.jpg
Oh, just finding things to clean! You know how it is. Places like this can get so filthy.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Mm... yeah, sure. Jes' keep those hands movin'. Idle hands are Space Satan's plaything.

aagYcs4.jpg
*unsettling smile* Naturally. As you wish, sheriff.

KPsA2V1.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
Yo, Bob.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Ya look like shit, Wuz. Mebbe ya should, I dunno, go lie down or take a walk or something?

OcZlI8l.jpg
*muttering ungodly sounds as panic and distress build up on his face* The dark walks, in it a shadow unseen. A bountiful herd, braying their joy. Destruction. Destruction and death!

a0vbTvk.jpg
...Wuz? Th' hell are ya on about now?

OcZlI8l.jpg
It's the Black-

aagYcs4.jpg
*smoothly interrupts as he walks in* What he means to say is that the black ink on the pages is difficult to parse due to jagged lines and smears, so it's making some things lost in translation. Isn't that right Wuz?

gPoXQSM.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
Y-Yeah, sure. That's wut I meant. I'm just on mah last nerve, man. This iz so goddamn hard to comprehend.

YovRypZ.png

aagYcs4.jpg
*thin smile* No worries there, Wuz. I'm sure you'll figure out what you're looking for in due time, and all will be well.

a0vbTvk.jpg
...It ain't that “old god” nonsense again now is it? Jes' put it down and keep yer faith in the Gods. 'Sides, ya should be wastin' yer time not workin' by drawin' up plans fer somethin' actually USEFUL, like batteries or solar panels.

aagYcs4.jpg
I wouldn't call it a waste – tomes like that usually hold ancient secrets after all, so no doubt something immensely valuable lies deep within. You might be surprised what you discover yourself, Bob.

In the storeroom.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Ah, finally feeling like my old self again. Time to celebrate with a bottle of wine! *uncorks the bottle and holds it up to the air* Cheers Azira, wherever you are. *drinks the whole fucking thing in one go*

LD77joV.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Hmm? I sense someone again. Multiple someones actually. Animals too. What's out there?

tjBvOgt.jpg
*holding a pair of binoculars* Looks like some kind of mining caravan, maybe?

rd80j9h.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
And wait, what are those? Can't be normal humans.

tjBvOgt.jpg
*copiously writing notes* Deathly pallor, prominent fang-like canines, and their flesh... seems to be on fire? Even though there's no flame source around. I'd bet my medical degree those are vampires.

OegwZo9.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
...But why bring two vampires with you in the daytime? They're just going to burn to death! What a terrible fate to be placed in the hands of such uncaring people!

PuyN1xC.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
*sigh* Nothing I can do for them. I suppose I should send Baud out there to see what they have for sale.

Literally not a thing I could do for them whatsoever. One of them quickly fled the map while the other is basically burning alive and then getting shot by his own caravan mates.

aagYcs4.jpg
Greetings travelers!

SR2yENg.jpg
Hail. I'm Roland of Ithera. This is my caravan.

aagYcs4.jpg
Hmm. *nonchalant tone* Your vampire appears to be burning alive. Now he's going into fear frenzy. And now your own people are shooting him.

SR2yENg.jpg
It's alright, never really cared much for Blanchard anyway. Bit of a bastard he was.

OSZXbc5.png

aagYcs4.jpg
...Fine by me! Let's see what you've got for sale.

q7Z8U5k.png

aagYcs4.jpg
We can't really use any of this. We're already crafting stone blocks, have no need for gold or chemfuel at the moment, and still have a ready supply of components.

SR2yENg.jpg
That's fine. We'll hang around for a few days to prepare for the journey back, so let me know if you change your mind.

aagYcs4.jpg
Of course. Welcome to Codexia. Enjoy your stay.

tjBvOgt.jpg
*hic!* Sixteen men on a dead man's chest~ Ooh, shiny stuff over there by Baud. I see a half-decent rifle. Let me... *stumbles drunkenly* let me go get it.

bN4eybo.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
I feel good. Is a good day.

Elsewhere.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Ya know, all things considered, dis shit could probably be worse. We gotta new guy to do things so I ain't gotta, I'm doing mah research, yeah. I mean, shit still sucks for sure, but ain't all dat bad. Now lemme translate dis. Wut's it say?

OcZlI8l.jpg
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn?

OcZlI8l.jpg
Da fuq does dat mean?

3JgNLj5.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
*carrying stone blocks* Hey Wuz, ya seen Spigot? He's drunk off his gourd on that wine in th' storeroom. Looks fit to fall over.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Really? Must be sum good shit den if ol' Spigot is stumblin'.

a0vbTvk.jpg
*shakes his head* I don't right understand. I enjoy myself a puff pipe full o' smokeleaf on occasion, but what makes you two jes' want to get black out messed up?

OcZlI8l.jpg
Cause it'z fun! And it sorta helps to block out all da other messed up shit in da world, along with da less den ideal condishuns we're in.

a0vbTvk.jpg
...That sounded almost intelligent comin' outta you.

OcZlI8l.jpg
*shrugs* Wut can I say? Mebbe dis here book iz makin' me smarter.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Pfft. Doubt it.

SIJJZeW.png

aagYcs4.jpg
*humming* Gonna butcher up this fat pig. Died in the crossfire from the vampire extermination and no one even bothered to notice when I snatched it up. Should be some good eating! *continues humming*

aagYcs4.jpg
Might be able to convince Wuz to use the pig's blood for the grimoire. Pour enough on the pages, should speed his translation along. The Old Ones await! We shall celebrate their glory as they free us from our earthly restraints and craft us anew in their image!

MDi0n8A.png

A bit later in the workshop.

a0vbTvk.jpg
So what's so great about that damn book anyhow that ya keep on buryin' yer nose in it to th' exclusion o' everythin' else?

OcZlI8l.jpg
Dunno. Can't explain it. It'z like a draw, ya know? Sumthin' bigger den me, den you, den all of us. It'z out dere waitin' for sumone to reach out, an' it'll give dem whatever they want. Ya just gotta believe.

a0vbTvk.jpg
That simple huh? Jes' read a book, make a wish t' some outer space whatchamacallit, and yer set fer life? Wine, woman, gold?

OcZlI8l.jpg
Heh, dat's da plan! Iz a lil' more den dat, tho. Bit mo' complex. Iz about POWER, mainly. Th' power to do wutever ya want and can't no one stop ya. To take what's yours, no matter wut da world tells ya.

a0vbTvk.jpg
I'll tell ya what power ya should be focusin' on. SOLAR POWER! We need heat Wuz! Light! Refrigeration! Ya wanna eat right? I can't really go hunt with no place t' store the meat!

OcZlI8l.jpg
Look, just lemme do dis a bit longer, aight? When I'm finished, I swear I'll get right on dat. Have it done in a snap.

a0vbTvk.jpg
...That book's messin' with yer head son, I tell ya what.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Nah. Iz gewd! Ya should read wut I've translated!

a0vbTvk.jpg
*spits* Hell naw. Ya couldn't get me t' do that with a gun t' my head.

OcZlI8l.jpg
M'kay. Suit yourself. You're missing out. It'll grant us eyes, dat we might see.

4OCZA2s.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Oh Gods these berries taste so good! They go so well with alcohol! Hmm... I wonder if we manage to figure out how to make a brewery, I could MAKE alcohol out of them! *hic!* Yum... *munch munch munch*

kN8QBYl.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
*looks around drunkenly* We're running out of food. Down to only a few of those nasty MREs left. Better go use that stove to cook something. Hmm. Berries? No, such a waste. But what?

JQ6CUmR.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Stove-cooked caviar. Just like my mum used to make.

Darkness creeps into the workshop.

OcZlI8l.jpg
*ungodly guttural noises*

Agzot9L.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
Wuz? What th' fuck is wrong with ya? I can't concentrate on m' stone cuttin' with yer racket!

OcZlI8l.jpg
*shaking heavily akin to a seizure, unnatural sounds crackling out of his mouth*

a0vbTvk.jpg
Wuz? WUZ! Alright that's enough o' this! Yer done fer the night!

aagYcs4.jpg
Ah... an intriguing first day here at the Cold Forest in Codexia. Something great is on the horizon. And I will make sure to usher it in.

aagYcs4.jpg
No matter the cost.

szsGbJA.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
*finally composes himself as he unconsciously stares down at the tome* Wut? Wut Bob? No, I'm fine. Just fine. For real real, not for play play. I'm just... havin' a bad time iz all. Ain't got no smoke. Gives me da shakes an' such.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Yeah, well we'll see what we ken do. In th' meantime, git out o' here. Take yer mountainous ass t' bed and git outta m' sight 'fore I do somethin' yer gonna regret.

OcZlI8l.jpg
:x

OcZlI8l.jpg
Nah. Ya know wut? Fuck you. I'm out. Cause I CHOOSE to be out! *starts shaking again* Oh maaaaaan, I'm goin' thru withdrawal...

yY9zXyA.png

A bit later.

a0vbTvk.jpg
I'm too tired fer all this nonsense. I'm goin' t' bed.

xdwDLGw.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
Wuz?

OcZlI8l.jpg
Yeah man?

tjBvOgt.jpg
Are you... doing alright?

OcZlI8l.jpg
...Yeah. I'm just seein' things I never thought I would. Experiencing new horizons an' shit. It'z gewd stuff.

tjBvOgt.jpg
And your research?

OcZlI8l.jpg
I'm gonna show ya, Spigot. I'm gonna show all of ya. It'z gonna be sumthin' else. You'll see.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Sumthin' great and powerful iz comin'. And I'll get wut I always wanted.

P2fhuww.png

Sorry baud, I forgot to change Lane's name while I was playing. Will alter it in the next update, which won't be until Thursday at the earliest. Big things afoot tomorrow.

Pandorym

Novice
I've played the next day and taken the screenshots, just gotta upload them and jam them together with a script into a plot. An update is comin'. Stay tuned.

Pandorym

Novice
Day 8

aagYcs4.jpg
*silently rises from slumber before everyone else* Mm. Hungry. And I don't really want any of the 'caviar' these lot have made into meals.

aagYcs4.jpg
Fortunately I still have a few of the ones I stole from that caravan's dead. *chews through a fine meal of muffalo steak and potatoes with contentment*

spYYr8A.png

aagYcs4.jpg
Hmm? Something falling out of the sky? Shooting stars perhaps, a sign of the Old Gods' favor?

aagYcs4.jpg
Ha ha! Even better! Spacecraft chunks! And I know the look of those particular ones too - silver, gold, steel and components! A rich haul indeed. The ancient ones truly are watching over us.

DaVDjzT.png

aagYcs4.jpg
I'll leave those for someone more mechanically-inclined to handle. Instead, while everyone is still asleep, I've got a better idea...

aagYcs4.jpg
There you are, eldritch harbinger. The book of ages. The herald of that which is vast and unknowable. The Necronomicon.

ClOz8Q8.png

aagYcs4.jpg
*flips through the barely-translated pages, caressing each one under his fingertips as if they were a lover* Ah ha, such a marvelous thing makes me shiver in anticipation. Perhaps I should offer my meager research capabilities to the Author - he seems the type to want to work as little as possible.

aagYcs4.jpg
Perhaps I can convince him to let me translate it instead. Ah, to be such a glorious conduit...

A bit later.

tjBvOgt.jpg
*yawns and stumbles off to the storeroom, almost tripping over a stack of logs in the dark* We really need to have Bob put a light in here already. *munches 'caviar'* Delicious.

Spigot... SPIGOT.

tjBvOgt.jpg
W-What?! Who's there?!

I HAVE FOUND YOU.

tjBvOgt.jpg
WHO ARE YOU?!

You cannot escape Spigot! YOU ARE MINE!

tjBvOgt.jpg
NO! NOOOOOOOO!!

aagYcs4.jpg
*grins with terrifying enthusiasm* It has already begun. I don't need the Author's permission, not now, and soon never again. Reveal to me your secrets, oh grimoire, that we might see!

CcdzFeg.png

An hour later.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Need a snack before I start th' morning's work. Hope there's somethin' left other than Spigot's 'caviar'.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Huh? Spigot? Th' hell is wrong with ya naw?

tjBvOgt.jpg
*shaking and gibbering nonsense on the floor*

a0vbTvk.jpg
Goddamnit. *slap!*

tjBvOgt.jpg
OW! I hope you have a good explanation! :rpgcodex:

a0vbTvk.jpg
I swear I must be th' only sane one 'round here.

a0vbTvk.jpg
You were braying like an overworked mule while seizing up on th' floor. Git ahold o' yerself doc. Go make some more... *instinctively shudders* caviar or somethin'.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Yes I... think I'll do just that. Thank you for your assistance. I hope you enjoy my family's recipe!

a0vbTvk.jpg
*watches him leave while eating* ...It's like eatin' straight salt mixed with frog guts. Ugh.

csGiVNu.png

A couple hours later.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Man, why tha FUCK iz we out here in da goddamn pouring rain again?

a0vbTvk.jpg
I done told you - to disassemble these here spacecraft chunks so we ken have more useful bits an' pieces fer building.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Ya I get dat, but why we gotta do dis shit IN DA RAIN?! :x

a0vbTvk.jpg
Jes' quit yer bellyachin' and keep workin'. It barely ever stops raining 'round here as is, you know that damn well.

OcZlI8l.jpg
:negative:

tjBvOgt.jpg
*gutting boar with incredible precision* It's certainly starting to get stranger and stranger around here these days.

PxUpEdZ.png

tjBvOgt.jpg
*suddenly overcome by a vision*

QEX3mg7.jpg

tjBvOgt.jpg
AAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH! *almost slices his thumb off with the cleaver as he unconsciously swings it down* Space Gods, what was THAT?!

tjBvOgt.jpg
...I'm going mad. I have to be.

Noon.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Keep hearing dem whispers man... can't block 'em out! Everywhere I go, every time I close mah eyes I see dat fukkin' BOOK! I GOTTA MAKE IT STOP!

OcZlI8l.jpg
NEED A DRINK. NEED. A. DRINK!!

I0FycHh.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
*cracks the top of a wine bottle off with his bare hands, glass shards and specks of blood flying everywhere as he slams the whole bottle back in a single go*

n51wC3D.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
*cutting stone chunks like a boss*
Whelp, sounds like Wuz has gone mental again from all th' screaming. I ain't in th' mood ta deal with it right naw, jes' gonna keep cuttin' these blocks.

klEbUiV.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
*slowly stops as he finishes a set, stares at them for a brief moment* ...Goddammit. I guess I could check on him while I'm droppin' these off in storage.

a0vbTvk.jpg
:shunthenonbeliever:Wuz! Stop right there! What in th' Gods o' Space is wrong with ya this time?

OcZlI8l.jpg
*completely ignores Bob as he wanders past the barracks*

hQPPMlk.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
Ya goddamn son of a rattler! Git your head outta yer ass already!

OcZlI8l.jpg
*ignores him, constantly muttering to himself*

a0vbTvk.jpg
Why is everyone going goddamn mental 'round here?!

a0vbTvk.jpg
I'm gonna stop this stupid shit right here, right naw. WUZ! GIT YER ASS OVER HERE! *runs up and grabs Wuz by the rounded, flabby meatshanks he calls shoulders*

a0vbTvk.jpg
Naw look - I dunno what's bitin' yer britches, but you'd best jes' knock it off right naw. There's too much ta do and I can't have ya wandering around in a haze while ya suck down bottles o' liquor! FIX YER SHIT ALREADY AND GIT OVER IT!

plyzakx.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
*roars like a fucking demon* FUCK OFF BOB!!!! HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I GOTTA TELL YOU?!?! FUCK THE FUCKING FUCK OFF! YOU DON'T KNOW ME! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I BEEN THROUGH! GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Pns7pS3.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
Wuz you need ta dial back yer goddamn words! You don't yell at me BOY! I'M THE ONE THAT DOES TH' YELLING!

OcZlI8l.jpg
:fight: You wanna make sumthin' of it asshole?! You wanna fuckin' go?!

a0vbTvk.jpg
*cocks his rifle and starts to raise it to shoot... but lowers it instead* Naw. I ain't gonna deal with this, not by myself. I'm talkin' ta Spigot an' Baud - we'll figure out what t' do with ya. Now git outta my sight. *turns his back and stomps off into the rain*

OcZlI8l.jpg
...Well fuck you too man! Just... just fuck you too. *bows his head and slumps his shoulders sadly as he meanders off into the storeroom for more wine*

Two hours and four entire bottles of wine later.

tjBvOgt.jpg
...Wuz? Wuz, is that you?

OcZlI8l.jpg
*holding his head in his hands, surrounded by empty wine bottles* Yeah man, wut do ya want?

tjBvOgt.jpg
Wuz, come on. You don't have to do this. It doesn't have to be like this. Please stop. If not for us, then for you. You're tearing yourself apart.

OcZlI8l.jpg
I... *hic!* can't help, Spigot. I just... can't stop seeing dat book in mah mind. It haunts me, every step, every thought, every waking moment. It won't go away. It'll never go away.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Look, Wuz. *turns away facing the door* I didn't want to tell anyone - because I didn't want folks to think me insane - but I've been having the same ordeal. Constant visions of nightmarish entities from beyond time and space. It isn't just you, okay?

0IUN65m.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
Don't ya see tho Spigot? Dat just makes it even worse! Even YOU are succumbing to it all. There's no escape. A line's been crossed and there ain't no goin' back. We're doomed, all of us.

tjBvOgt.jpg
...Maybe so, Wuz. But just remember: we can either run from this, or learn from this. I sincerely hope you choose the latter rather than the former.

A bit later.

aagYcs4.jpg
Interesting. Even the animals are coming to give worship now that the presence of the ancients is growing more vast.

KSPSefQ.png

aagYcs4.jpg
Ah Wuz, there you are. I was looking for you. Had a question for you.

OcZlI8l.jpg
*in the midst of draining another bottle of wine* Wut? Wut is so important that ya want to ask me right now?

kN6xGuV.png

aagYcs4.jpg
Well you see, I've taken a close look at the grimoire. Now I know you're the Author and all, but I have a suggestion: why not let me take a crack at translating it? Clearly the effort is wearing on your mind, and you could no doubt do with a break.

OcZlI8l.jpg
I... *hic!* I dunno... it'z my book, I wrote it, I made it. It'z mine. My ticket to power. My ticket to respect and recognition.

aagYcs4.jpg
*smiles eerily and draws extremely close* And I promise you Wuz, when you're done... you'll have all that you could possibly want and more. But we need focus Wuz, a place to begin. Such a thing is very hard, you know this too well. Why not let me ease the burden?

OcZlI8l.jpg
...Mebbe. I dunno. Go- *hic!* go 'way for now. Think about it later.

aagYcs4.jpg
Yes Wuz. By all means. You do that. *exits*

OcZlI8l.jpg
... *slams his head into the wall a couple of times before grabbing a caviar meal and ripping it open with his teeth*

OcZlI8l.jpg
Can't handle dis shit anymore man. Muh brain is slippin' away, everyone hates meh, ain't got no smoke so mah body iz tearing itself apart... should just roll over n' die. Be better that way.

f730Vju.png

Moments later.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Need some dinner. *opens the door* Still in here I see, Wuz.

OcZlI8l.jpg
*says nothing, just stares blankly at the wall silently chewing*

DDwR93V.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
Whatever. *eats his food and gets out quickly*

a0vbTvk.jpg
*cutting stones*
Now Baud, I see ya messin' with that weird book o' Wuz's. Ya shouldn't be doin' that - might make ya as unstable as him.

aagYcs4.jpg
Oh, no need to worry sheriff. I assure you I'm MUCH more levelheaded than him. I'm just curious, that's all.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Well you should stop being curious if ya ask me. Don't nothin' good ever come from it. Curiosity killed th' cat, ya know.

aagYcs4.jpg
I know.

tjBvOgt.jpg
Good evening Bob, Baud. Just dropped by to have a look at what everyone is up to, and to inform you all that the plants are coming along nicely.

FgIxAYQ.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
I dunno Spigot. Things seem t' be gettin' outta hand 'round here, and I don't like it none. Not a bit.

tjBvOgt.jpg
I presume you're talking about Wuz?

a0vbTvk.jpg
Yeah. What d'ya think we should do 'bout him? He's clearly one step from jumpin' off th' deep end. Mebbe we should lock him up, jes' in case.

tjBvOgt.jpg
That might be a little too extreme, and could provoke him into worse actions. Perhaps simply a break from standard duties?

a0vbTvk.jpg
Don't need no lazy good fer nothin' sittin' 'round doin' jes' that.

aagYcs4.jpg
There is a more... well, extreme option as well. Amputation is one - remove his legs, it won't matter if he has a mental break. You'll have to replace them eventually however.

tjBvOgt.jpg
What?! Why in the world would we do that?!

aagYcs4.jpg
Well, sometimes it's deemed medically necessary. Keeps him safe, stops him from hurting others, and it's easy enough to tend to any illnesses and bring him food while he's out of commission. Of course, the replacements are the tough part, but in a pinch there's always peg legs. Bionics are viable too, though we'll have to buy them from others since we lack the knowledge or facilities to make our own. And then... well then there's always taking someone else's legs and attaching them to him. It's quite unethical but useful.

a0vbTvk.jpg
Er... let's jes' think on it, yeah? Put th' matter to a vote later.

Later.

a0vbTvk.jpg
*dropping off more blocks as he stares at Wuz* I don't get it. Son of a snake should be somewhat goddamn happy at least, but he's a damn gibbering drunken wreck.

mcFNhhI.png

a0vbTvk.jpg
...Dammit, I can't leave him like this. Wuz, c'mere a minute.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Wut Bob...? Here to insult me 'gain an' tear me a new one? I don't even care at dis point, go 'head.

a0vbTvk.jpg
No! *sigh* Look.

a0vbTvk.jpg
I know things are terrible right naw, it's bad fer us all. I know you've got it bad too, and mebbe... mebbe worse than us. But ya got t' pull together, Wuz. Ya can't keep doin' this. We need yer help.

OcZlI8l.jpg
Ya... ya need muh help? Really?

a0vbTvk.jpg
Yeah, ya hill o' chunk, so git off yer ass and come give us a hand.

gW5Kkcy.png

OcZlI8l.jpg
Man... fuck you Bob. Just fuck you. But alright, goddamn it. Wuz iz back in action.:troll:

a0vbTvk.jpg
Good. Naw go take yerself t' bed, and be ready t' git up bright n' early tomorrow. Lots t' do, ain't much time. I'm right behind ya.

dGow0K5.png

KEY CHOICES!
Wuz, things are bad and getting worse. You're undergoing smokeleaf withdrawal and the grimoire is literally still driving you utterly insane. What are you going to do?

• Power through it. Enlightenment and wish fulfillment is only a few stepping stones away.
  • Stop for now. Your mind can't handle the madness. Perhaps something more mundane will clear your thoughts.
  • Let Baud do the research in your place. Share the burden with another.

Wuz keeps continually going on mental breaks. It's only a matter of time before he snaps violently somehow and causes damage either to the colony or its people. What do you do with him?

• Prison! Make a makeshift prison and lock him up until his mood is much more stable. (Likely won't happen until he's over his smokeleaf withdrawal)
  • Amputation! Remove his legs and keep him in bed until his system is cleaned out and his sanity is restored. (You'll have to replace his legs with peg legs, someone else's legs, or bionics afterwards)
  • Limitation! Limit him to (mundane) research and cleaning only, give him a lot more free time to relax.
  • Get over it! He can just get over himself and keep working, there's too much to do! (Solve the problem when and if he does have a violent mental break)
  • Banishment! The permanent solution. (Removes Wuz from the colony but reduces the risk of danger)
  • Sacrifice! A sacrifice to the Old Gods when an altar is built. (The darkest resolution possible, even more merciless than banishment)
What do you do with this new pet rat?
  • Keep it! Let it run around. It's cute, and maybe a sign from the Old Gods. (Trying to tame it is exceedingly pointless)
  • Slaughter it! Don't want that miserable vermin getting into our food stocks when we're low enough as is.

As for the next update men, might have one tomorrow, but I doubt it. More likely on the weekend.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We will need a prison eventually. Might as well start building one now, for Wuz. :troll:
Oh, and slaughter the rat. It'll stop it from eating colony food, and instead provide some.

MZeta

Scholar
Lock Wuz in prison, should minimize the risk / potential damage I guess.

And can u sacrifice the rat to elder god? :cool:

an easy schedule will have Wuz feeling refreshed in no time, I have a feeling he's going to be just fine. and kill the rat.

Tovias

Learned
Wuz keeps continually going on mental breaks. It's only a matter of time before he snaps violently somehow and causes damage either to the colony or its people. What do you do with him?
  • Limitation! Limit him to (mundane) research and cleaning only, give him a lot more free time to relax.
This will at least keep him being useful at soemthing.
  • Slaughter it! Don't want that miserable vermin getting into our food stocks when we're low enough as is.
Got already too many mouths to feed

pizza_microwave

Liturgist
Wuz, things are bad and getting worse. You're undergoing smokeleaf withdrawal and the grimoire is literally still driving you utterly insane. What are you going to do
Lets focus on more mundane research.

slaughter it

Pandorym

Novice
Also, I can't opt-in on a succession game as I have yet to actually purchase Rimworld for my own. :M

Well... you suck. :argh:

Anyway, I'll letting you all know that due to the upcoming holidays and some family medical concerns I'm taking a hiatus from Pandora until January 3rd. The game will resume then, and your key choices have been recorded.

In addition, I'll be checking out Stonehearth to see if it's worth a spin on the ol' LP.

Lastly, depending on conditions when I return, I may have to skip the extravagant posting style I've been using in favor of much quicker block-style AAR with a few screenshots. However, to compensate I'll be playing a week at a time, and still offering key choices as they arise.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Anyway, I'll letting you all know that due to the upcoming holidays and some family medical concerns I'm taking a hiatus from Pandora until January 3rd. The game will resume then, and your key choices have been recorded.

Family health before all else. Take your time. :salute:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wuz, things are bad and getting worse. You're undergoing smokeleaf withdrawal and the grimoire is literally still driving you utterly insane. What are you going to do
Lets focus on more mundane research.

slaughter it, the first sacrifice for the colony!

I started played Rimworld this week and it's pretty kewl, but I don't know how long I'll play, since I usually quickly drop free-form games rather quickly, usually when there's either no long-term goals or the long-term goal feel too far off, compared to what I can do at the moment.
I've already had one failed colony (well, I was just too lazy to restart from a depressed survivor and the man in black) and in the current, played in Commitment Mode is going forward well, I'm in my second year, but my colony is a mess, since I don't really know where to put shit.

I hope all is well and you and your family have a good Christmas :salute:

vazha

Arcane
Reporting for duty! Enlist me as one Reginald Perrin, bona fide Englishman and pessimist extraordinaire. Basically this guy:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom