Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm getting Wasteland 2 flashbacks with how often my guns jam in a middle of a firefight.
Are you using rusty guns? I never managed to fire a full burst with those during the beta.

Pipe rifle, zip gun and an old hunting rifle. All the guns have a 10% chance of jamming. Could be that I'm just very unlucky of course, but it seems to happen fairly often.

Lhynn

Arcane
10% is a stupid high amount when it comes to losing an attack. Should be 5% to be bearable.

Same with weapon breakage. Luckily it's early game. So it doesn't matter much. If you get lucky with a caravan you will be able to buy something better right at the start.

Deadass

Savant
wm2D1eB.jpg

wtf

bataille

Arcane
Nice how the game begins with you getting raped.

Started with a 1 END char, wonder how for I'll get before getting mauled.

You're gonna regret that 1 endurance really, really soon. I'd say the moment you encounter an enemy with a firearm. At least tell me that you've got the rifles skill, that way you have a modicum of chance.

some question for those who are playing it

-are there areas that require special anti-rad/chemical equipment to acess?
-areas with uber tough mobs?
There is at least one area that has a quest objective that is filled with radiation and has several areas filled with gas, so yes. You should have a nice stock of anti-radiation pills by then, though, and there are ways to remove the gas, and gas masks too.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there any savegame editor for this game?
savefiles are compressed with gzip, a program like 7z or similar should recognize it
they're partially editable by hand, about half is json data other half is binary data

Its edible however the edited saves will crash the game if you compress them back using 7.ZIP Comrade.

Okagron

Prophet
Added to wishlist on Steam. Waiting for a sale but might end up caving in and buy it at its full price.

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
You know whats really nice about this game? Your stuff, including shovel, rope, fish, ingredients, all 90kg of it, that you stored in a container in the starting village, yeah? All of that will be gone and gone when you come back from Krasno with Fidel...
Have fun.

filpan

Scholar
So, you're saying that there is no stash to put items away because they'll be gone? I will put this game on hold probably then. This needs patching

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
finally have teh time to sit down and play a good time. played staright for 4 hours did most stuff in the first town. found the rat, killed him. that was difficult. had to craft a grenade, and lucked out in some occasions, and finally killed him.

pros:
-love the atmosphere. writing is good, not amazing but it is probably better in native russian.
-lots of skillchecks, very fallout-y. feels like multiple solution to solve quests too.
-the graphics are surprisingly good. the UI look good, the 3D assets and stuff is decent. art direction in general is better than wasteland 2
-lots of "secrets" like getting old man to train you, telling girl who his real father is, etc. nice.
-pretty polished so far.

cons:
-most of the conversation (the one that aren't involved in a quest ) have generic response. it is still interesting that it reveal everyone's backstory, but it feels kinda empty that you can't voice your opinion on matters. other than that, i rarely have any problem with the dialogue in function and aesthethics.
-scrolling based trade UI. if there is anything i really dislike about fallout is the inventory in general. bad decision to copy it almost 1:1 almost. it is a little bit better that it has 2 rows, but still, grid with proper category tabs and sorting would be 1000x better

as usual, after 30 hours or so, i will definitely drop a review.

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
Why put it on hold? Its hardcore. Dumped Str into oblivion? Go fuck yourself. All the hobos, that are like you shoveling through trash, looking for broken bottles, are gonna steal yo shit. xD

Dunno about universal stash but mine was the dumpbin near the exit of the starting village. Items in there seem to decay with time. I tested it again. Ran to the city and back and only a log and broken bottle was left.
But if you just exit to world map and back again, than the stash stays. I even tested that when I first walked to Krasno thinking about this style of containers... and since my stuff remained I walked away... Ho ho ho!
It could be because the cultists arrived in the city, as well as new NPCs, the so the world state may get reset? Or only resetable containers. Needs testing, I am to lazy for that.

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
Regarding the saves, you can gzip em back after extracting and editing on Linux with:
gzip -2 -n yefilename
-2 to -8 writes no stuff into the header regarding compression quality, the same way it is in the original game saves, -1 -9 might work but there is no point
-n leaves out the filename, the same as in gamesaves as well
And then you have to hex edit the 03 EC at the beginning of the file into 0B EC which stands for NTFS filesystem, while 03 is UNIX which is written by gzip if you run it on a linux machine. I dunno if its required, I just did it since it made sense and worked afterwards.
RaxAgqD.png

And change the filename to their fomat like Save_10_v10.as

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Sooo who the fuck have the leather worm? Should i just throw a granade in between them and have a picnic?

I’d be curious too if there’s a definite answer but after mulling it for 30 mins concluded it’s 1 of 2:

-only the rich guy is actually human, the guide mentions the old lady had a dog when the other 2 make it crystal clear she is a cat person so got that detail wrong and guy with a gun says she lived at a cabin where the other 2 say it was a gas station so both the guide and the guard have leather worm
-they are telling different stories, technically true.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo who the fuck have the leather worm? Should i just throw a granade in between them and have a picnic?

I’d be curious too if there’s a definite answer but after mulling it for 30 mins concluded it’s 1 of 2:

-only the rich guy is actually human, the guide mentions the old lady had a dog when the other 2 make it crystal clear she is a cat person so got that detail wrong and guy with a gun says she lived at a cabin where the other 2 say it was a gas station so both the guide and the guard have leather worm
-they are telling different stories, technically true.
I was going for all three of them are fucking worms,still i decided to pass the even until i find the old woman.

On another page,the writing is good in a grim way. Just saved a slaver from a gang of dudes :).

Also i noticed that the best combat skill is speech,you get owned 90% if you try to fight humans because of the fucking action points. I am yet to find a companion.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
put every skillpoint into survival and gambling
Why,just put everything in pickpocket and never have a money problem!

gamble gamble gamble to hopefully hit it big and support your addiction it by picking pockets and being a thief...

this is how you play atom rpg bulgarian style!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom