Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Did anyone manage to kill belranga? (without exploits i mean, but i think they were fixed already)

I managed to kill all the nests in my last try and eder survived up to that point, but couldnt keep going afterwards.

The main thing in that fight is the bosses debuff/buff from killing the little spiders:

Belranga gets her defences lowered for each dead spider, but also gains damage and speed I believe. If you were just focused on killing nests, perhaps you didn't kill enough of the little spiders to reliably hit her. I did it by clearing the bottom left of the map of nests at the start, occupying Bel with summons and throwing out AoEs whenever the other nests spawned spiders. Once her defences were low enough, the danger of her now high damage attacks is softened by the amount of disables you can land on her. Eder was there to take a hit when needed, but he wouldn't survive many at that point. Cipher with Ancestor's Memory was vital, for me.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
They mention early on that they destroyed their physical bodies (apparently related to the Abydon/Ondra beef in The White March), so they can't stop him that way.
Later in the game, they try to erupt a volcano and a tsunami upon him. Didn't work.

First off, did they really mention that their bodies were gone in the base game? I don't recall that.

I'll check old saves, maybe I misremembered.

Secondly, why not just bring down another moon on Eothas? Woedica suggested it as a possibility and it is their existence that is at stake here, without the wheel to siphon off soul power to them they will wither and die.

I got the impression that the suggestion was vetoed.

Yeah:
OBNi4W9.jpg

Y4OnHZR.jpg
2BgGtKz.jpg

That was both before they knew what he was doing and secondly the justification was retarded, they've demonstrably done this before and it didn't destroy the world, but now when it wouldn't serve the plot it suddenly isn't palatable?

Last edited:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
These screens just remind me how utterly stupid and fucked up it is for Woedica to be casually chillaxin' with rest of the pantheon like a balla. You know, considering what happened in the first one. Jesus, this game's plot is so retarded.

Parabalus

Arcane
Did anyone manage to kill belranga? (without exploits i mean, but i think they were fixed already)

I managed to kill all the nests in my last try and eder survived up to that point, but couldnt keep going afterwards.

The main thing in that fight is the bosses debuff/buff from killing the little spiders:

Belranga gets her defences lowered for each dead spider, but also gains damage and speed I believe. If you were just focused on killing nests, perhaps you didn't kill enough of the little spiders to reliably hit her. I did it by clearing the bottom left of the map of nests at the start, occupying Bel with summons and throwing out AoEs whenever the other nests spawned spiders. Once her defences were low enough, the danger of her now high damage attacks is softened by the amount of disables you can land on her. Eder was there to take a hit when needed, but he wouldn't survive many at that point. Cipher with Ancestor's Memory was vital, for me.

Almost spoilerish advice:

Her paralyze has the poison keyword, you can brew some "K???" Tea to become immune to it.

Otherwise Cipher seems mandatory almost, fight is pretty long. With the above you can tank her indefinitely, just kill 50-60ish spiders before going ham on her.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
These screens just remind me how utterly stupid and fucked up it is for Woedica to be casually chillaxin' with rest of the pantheon like a balla. You know, considering what happened in the first one. Jesus, this game's plot is so retarded.

And they remind me of how shitty looking they are. They are fucking designed by kith, there is no reason for Ondra to be weird as fuck and Hylea, Magran and Woedica to look like ugly/creepy MEN. Berath-Usher, Galawain, Abydon and Skaen are good. Rymrgand's weird but good :P I mean ffs there is a love saga between Abydon & Ondra but Ondra looks like an abomination. Wael's surprisingly the last to come to my mind, also a shitty looking one, tho maybe accurate.

Last edited:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And they remind me of how shitty looking they are. They are fucking designed by kith, there is no reason for Ondra to be weird as fuck and Hylea, Magran and Woedica to look like ugly/creepy men. Berath-Usher, Galawain, Abydon and Skaen are good. Rymrgand's weird but good :P I mean ffs there is a love saga between Abydon & Ondra but Ondra looks like an abomination. Wael's surprisingly the last to come to my mind, also a shitty looking one, tho maybe accurate.
Watch it, how they look is also completely inane in light of the plot. Ondra looks like a rotting fish with saggy tits because that's how Ngati looks in Huana mythology, or sort of how Ngati looks according to local folklore. Yet all the other deities look like they are depicted in mainstream Aedyran orthodoxy. Berath in form of Pallid Knight does not look like some fucking twin eels, Kohopa and Tangaloa, and Berath should if it was to follow Ondra's look logic. Game writers have shit for brains.

Fuckin' ekera.

The Real Fanboy
Woedica is clearly dressed like Huana royalty tho (she's in the Deadfire so of course she wants to lewk snatched to the gods as an Aumaua queen)

Quillon

Arcane
Could it be a mod?

Since Obs is using less of Unity and more of their tools for Deadfire; I guess they found it easier/less resource consuming to add/tweak systemic stuff, so they added many challenges and shit then decided it wouldn't be a massive undertaking making an optional TB mode <<exactly what happened, true story!

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
So many butthurt kids in this thread not wanting to admit that they secretely admire Deadfire for being GOTY, but they care so much about what edgy codexers will think of their anonymous forum accounts that they are forced to pretend to hate it. LOL.

2house2fly

Magister
That was both before they knew what he was doing and secondly the justification was retarded, they've demonstrably done this before and it didn't destroy the world, but now when it wouldn't serve the plot it suddenly isn't palatable?
Ionni Brathr was significantly smaller than Belafa or Cawldha. In the White March when you speak with Ondra she specifically says she used Ionni Brathr because it was small enough that the world could survive its impact. In Deadfire Woedica acknowledges that dropping a moon would pretty much wipe out the human race, but it would preserve her power and life would eventually arise on the planet again

It makes sense to me that even though they don't want to be ruled, the gods would still consider Woedica to be one of them and let her have her say in a crisis.

And they remind me of how shitty looking they are. They are fucking designed by kith, there is no reason for Ondra to be weird as fuck and Hylea, Magran and Woedica to look like ugly/creepy MEN. Berath-Usher, Galawain, Abydon and Skaen are good. Rymrgand's weird but good :P I mean ffs there is a love saga between Abydon & Ondra but Ondra looks like an abomination. Wael's surprisingly the last to come to my mind, also a shitty looking one, tho maybe accurate.
How they look isn't necessarily reflective of how they were originally designed.

Watch it, how they look is also completely inane in light of the plot. Ondra looks like a rotting fish with saggy tits because that's how Ngati looks in Huana mythology, or sort of how Ngati looks according to local folklore. Yet all the other deities look like they are depicted in mainstream Aedyran orthodoxy. Berath in form of Pallid Knight does not look like some fucking twin eels, Kohopa and Tangaloa, and Berath should if it was to follow Ondra's look logic. Game writers have shit for brains.

Fuckin' ekera.
It's possible their look is influenced by their followers' most common belief. Ondra's mostly worshipped by the Huana as Ngati, but probably Berath is mostly worshipped somewhere else so looks like the Pallid Knight/Usher instead of Tangaloa. Or maybe the gods have a fixed look and the Huana just represent Ondra correctly.

Tenebris

Scholar

What's worse is even if you empower her in the first game she still gets pushed around by Berath.

2house2fly

Magister
Oh: a dev mentioned that the 4.0.2 patch will probably be out in January. I don't anticipate the beta for the 4.1 patch happening until after that one is out. I'd kind of hoped they'd have a beta for the turn-based mode before Christmas: (

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn, I was hoping for a confirmation. I do not want to progress too far into a playthrough if TB mode is just around the corner.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
No, it's not even confirmed that TB mode exists as anything other than one programmer experimenting
Wonder if they used TToN's TB mode as a framework, considering it used the Pillars Engine, decent head-start if mere a module drop. Would also explain abruptness of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom