Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
what is wrong with using stock sprite at rog maker?

The tiny fact that it is against the RPG Maker licence, for starters.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/using-resources-outside-rpg-maker.71219/

2) absolutely no - the RTP may only be used in an RPG-Maker, and the same goes for regular shop resources. About half of the shop resources are also available in a different non-RM licence for a much higher price, because that is the reason for the low prices on the regular shop: they're discounted for the limit to use in RMs only.

And there is also the fact that people paid $100k so that Voggels could improve his game. My idea of improvement is not having a hodgepodge of poorly fitting tiles. He has the money now to pay for someone to do a consistent set of tiles for him to use.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The money most likely goes into the kindom management part. Which he probably cant implement such huge new feature within his usual work time.

yes, he in theory could just license an engine and have it to do the work for him, but he always done things his way, he has expressed multiple times he dont give a shit for people who complained graphics.

As for the RPG maker license, it could be a legit complain, but i dont really know about that. Maybe you are right, maybe the RPG maker asset also buy from other 3rd party asset maker and put it in their engine as stock asset, who knows.

what is wrong with using stock sprite at rog maker?

The tiny fact that it is against the RPG Maker licence, for starters.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/using-resources-outside-rpg-maker.71219/

2) absolutely no - the RTP may only be used in an RPG-Maker, and the same goes for regular shop resources. About half of the shop resources are also available in a different non-RM licence for a much higher price, because that is the reason for the low prices on the regular shop: they're discounted for the limit to use in RMs only.

And there is also the fact that people paid $100k so that Voggels could improve his game. My idea of improvement is not having a hodgepodge of poorly fitting tiles. He has the money now to pay for someone to do a consistent set of tiles for him to use.
Vogel wants to use RPG Maker art assets, but he has to pay premium rates for them, because he's using his own engine. That's why he needs $100k. It all makes sense.

Terra

Cipher
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ueror/posts/2347880?ref=backer_project_update

Mouse wheel support and fast travel are in guys.

Queen's Wish November 2018 Update!

As promised, we have completed the main body of Queen's Wish: The Conqueror engine work. There's still a fair amount that needs doing. We need to finalize the interface and add a lot of frills, like weather effects. However, the game is fully playable.

The new graphical engine works great and has enabled us to add a lot of things that are overdue. For example, we finally have a game with mouse wheel support. We're also adding a lot of stuff our games have never had before, like a full fast travel system.

The Game Seems Fun

I took a couple of days off to actually play the game. This, of course, let to a million bug fixes and balance tweaks.

After a bit of poking and polishing, I found Queen's Wish: The Conqueror to be quite fun. The missions are smaller, leading themselves to quicker play sessions. However, they are balanced so that you are constantly getting weaker as they advance, so there's a lot of suspense. (Of course, if you don't want the tension, there is a Casual game setting, as always.)

I really like the feel of it. A lot of our audience is older and doesn't have as much time, so I want them to be able to make some progress without investing so many ours. At the same time, there is enough optional stuff to give a lot of gameplay for your money.

Primary Design

I'm now deep into primary design. That means that, for the next month, the Updates are pretty much going to be, "Still writing content." I make one small town or dungeon per day. A big town takes two days. Three outdoor sections makes a day.

This means the main world should be dome by the end of May, leaving a couple months to polish the thing, do the Windows port, and get it out the door August, 2019.

Reward Update

We just made the first few Scrolls of Absolution. We're sending them out tomorrow, to make sure they survive the mail system well. They look really cool and are each personally hand-signed and hand-singed.

We're about to send out official Kickstarter surveys to all backers. Most people who paid to put content into the game have responded, but we want to take this last step to get the information from everybody.

Anyway, we have a game now! And it's bigger every day!

- Jeff Vogel

W7TzZKB.png

We've been writing of lot of the Ukatish areas. They are fierce, tribal, ever-resentful swamp-dwellers. Don't get them too angry. They hold grudges for a long time.

9pwcPN4.jpg

These adventurers have stumbled into a truly unpleasant ambush.

Terra

Cipher
Did we ever find out if this is going to be a full party creation game ala Avermum or with companion characters like Avadon?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Really hate when the map is just an island and looks nothing like something that could happen on a real planet.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Queen's Wish December 2018 Update!
Posted by Spiderweb Software (Creator)

This will be a short update. A lot of the updates will be short. We’re a couple of months into primary design: Sketching out, scripting, populating, and testing the towns, dungeons, and outdoor sections. It’s a big game, and there will be a lot of that. We’re around a third of the way through.

Primary design is hardest near the beginning. This is when I have to write most of the dialogue for the main characters, make the quest hubs (which frames out the entire story of the game), and make the towns that introduce the cultures of the game. It’s a lot of slow, painstaking work, but we’re making good progress.

We are also playing the game as we write it. It’s still fine. The balance has turned out to be really nice. You end a lot of dungeons in tense battles, just on the edge of disaster. But you make it. It’s suspenseful and fun. We’re going to keep playing and fine tuning to try to keep that going through the whole game.

Backer Rewards

We have mailed out all but four of the Scrolls of Absolution. We ran out of sealing wax, so a few of them are still not done. We’ll get them out as soon as we can get more wax. (It’s in the mail!)

If you paid to get your ideas into the game but haven’t sent them in yet, please check your Kickstarter account for the survey we sent out.

Anyway, everyone have some great holidays! I’ll leave you with the map of the world of Queen’s Wish, which I hope you find intriguing and pretty.

- Jeff Vogel

30f2c5d286835bd20ec54e6685c78edb_original.jpg

The continent of Sacramentum. It signed treaties with Haven. Then it stopped paying what it agreed to. Your mother has sent you to bring them to heel. What will you do?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
For something like strategy layer (with all that fort building and colonization theme)?

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
That map lol, this really is Avadon 4. Central area you presumably start in, three areas around it which are all about the same size, clearly delineated... this has to be the most formulaic Vogel game yet.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Guy's been working with tiles for so long, he actually imagines things tiled as well. Impressive.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
tenor.gif

Or can he?

:smug:

Honestly, I view almost everything he made in the past 10 years as a kind of sinecure provided to a past-retirement hero who deserves comfort and fun for his good works in days of old.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This isnt all that different than his other games. It just lacks some of the detail. But yes, many of them are squarish.
Well Avernum ones do look like a real thing. Also there are tunnels that lead out from the cave,thus giving the feeling that there is other shit outside of the game's space. It is light years ahead of a square surrounded by water.

Beastro

Arcane
This is a surprisingly bad looking map.

I drew better maps in Elementary, and I think every kid could.

kinda squarish

This isnt all that different than his other games. It just lacks some of the detail. But yes, many of them are squarish.

A6WorldMap.jpg

ss_80305f6970a8b200f040417e2581dcbeef3533be.1920x1080.jpg

Nethergate-Resurrection-World-Map.jpg

It's a interesting insight into him. Either it's from him as a game developer wanting to fill the map as much as he can, or he's got some autism shit going on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom