Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Don't think it has been any cheaper. Anyway, if you decide to give it a go, hit me up. I would love to get a Codex team going. I play on the Colonial side. The reason I'm telling you this, is that you can't switch side during a war.
It's also a good time to join now as there are many newbies.

Screenshot from a successful island invasion:

BD44A1B3FA7A2CD6DBDBDE73FD67FD669520313D

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I dunno, the discounts seem pretty solid IMHO. People expect something for (almost) nothing these days.
You sound like someone that never actually saw the major Steam sales from five plus years ago. Otherwise, you would know that the last several years have been fucking trash.

Turjan

Arcane
Without flash deals, nobody wants to deeply discount their games for weeks in a row.
And "no flash deals" is the negative side effect of the relaxed refund policy.

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher

I'm a loyal Warden so I'll see you on the battlefield but I will second the recommendation for Foxhole. Picked this up probably a year and a half ago and it's somehow sucked up over 1000 hours of game time.

It is such a good game, even in early access, there's nothing else quite like it and I feel like I underpaid at 20% off (I think) given how much quality gaming it's given me. That said, it's been a major contributor to lost sleep and an ever expanding single player backlog, so take care, it's very addictive if it clicks with you.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Purchases I've made so far:

Elite Dangerous: Commander Deluxe Edition - 11,99€
Resident Evil / biohazard HD REMASTER - 7,99€
The Witcher 2 - 2,99€
Assetto Corsa - Ferrari Pack - 3,49€

Nilz

Barely Literate
I got Shenmue I & II for around 20 USD (35% off). I guess it's their lowest recorded price, but it will probably go down even more next year.
Thinking of getting DQ XI as well (40% off).

RPGs aside (everyone already owns anything worthwhile on steam) here's a list of my personal favorites (reasonably priced too):

Continued:

Best HOMM-Like in a long, long time. Very good despite being a one-man project. There's a newer (buggier) 3D version of it, still dirt cheap tho and the bundle that includes both is probably the most bang for the buck you can get on steam atm.

The only worthwhile TD standalone that can fill (for a couple of hours) WC3-Custom-Maps shaped hole in your heart.

Two of my favorite CoG CYOAs, quite lengthy, well written, with a bunch of very good C&C.

And Rimworld, despite not being on sale is one of those games that are well worth the full price. It's pretty damn good by itself, but mods elevate it to absolute greatness (very easy to make, install and manage). Highly recommend it.

rohand

Cipher
https://store.steampowered.com/app/434050/Duke_Nukem_3D_20th_Anniversary_World_Tour/

Huh. I've already got the now-pulled Megaton edition on Steam, but it's a little bit tempting to pick that up for $4 for episode 5.

The new episode is very meh (has few nice textures and a cool-ish weapon), but you'll get much better content for free from the community (i.e. AMC TC, Alien Armageddon) most of them handily packed in the EDuke32 Addon Compilation.

Also the Megaton Edition has the 3 official expansions, whereas the 20th whatever does not (Caribbean, DC, Nuclear Winter).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So I went to go sell that crap they're giving away and some cards but apparently you have to have made a purchase within the last year to be able to sell stuff on the market. Never mind I've had a Steam account for almost ten years and bought tons of stuff prior to their sales going into the gutter. Last thing I bought was November 2017. So if I want to sell cards I have to buy something at Gabe's shitty discounts!

Codex Year of the Donut
So I went to go sell that crap they're giving away and some cards but apparently you have to have made a purchase within the last year to be able to sell stuff on the market. Never mind I've had a Steam account for almost ten years and bought tons of stuff prior to their sales going into the gutter. Last thing I bought was November 2017. So if I want to sell cards I have to buy something at Gabe's shitty discounts!
Quit being poor

Don Peste

Arcane
Oh I'm sorry to hear that buddy, do you want to buy me something to fix it??

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I get that they don't want brand new accounts to mass farm the event drops or whatever but why the fuck would you block long-standing accounts from doing so? At the end of the day I'm not broken up over fifty Gabe-cents but it still seems like a dick move.

Two of my favorite CoG CYOAs, quite lengthy, well written, with a bunch of very good C&C.
YOU SON OF A BITCH THE BEST CYOA GAMES ARE WRITTEN BY KEVIN GOLD I'LL FUCKING CUT YOU!
(Seriously though bro, if you haven't played Choice of Robots, Choice of Alexandria, and Choice of Magic go buy that shit. They're far and away the best especially when it comes to reactivity/alternate paths)
The new episode is very meh (has few nice textures and a cool-ish weapon), but you'll get much better content for free from the community (i.e. AMC TC, Alien Armageddon) most of them handily packed in the EDuke32 Addon Compilation.

Also the Megaton Edition has the 3 official expansions, whereas the 20th whatever does not (Caribbean, DC, Nuclear Winter).
Thanks bro, talked me back down to Earth.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Kenshi just came out and Rimworld dev has stated many times that they don't do sales so yeah, you're outta luck.

Just came out... after eight years of 'early access' (where I believe it's been on sale before).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom