Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Morkar Left

The manual is being output to .PDF shortly and will be made available on the store from the main page freely so it can be examined by players who have not yet purchased the game to get a good feel for the mechanics. It is extremely extensive and explains all facets of gameplay with detailed explanations of all modes including combat, NPC interaction, character creation, level up, character review and the many mini interfaces like lockpicking and door forcing. It is suitable for printing and formatted for A4 output.

If that's true than kudos to Cleve and another surprise buy for me.

Bohr

Arcane
Drinking a quiet scotch and thinking of the bros who didn't live to see this day... and those who won't live to see the manual output to PDF.

Thanks for the surprise Christmas gift Cleve :salute::salute::salute:

zapotec

Liturgist
There is also a crafting interface with poisons, forge, merge and another button that i can't rerember :cool:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You can see all the items in your inventory, sort them on a variety of attributes like type and value, assay them, poison them, forge them, enchant them and merge them into new items!

Inventory has been one of my biggest gripes thus far, so this is much welcome.

Good that I froze my playthrough. BELIEVE IN CLEVE!

index.php

Arcane
3215845409_74354ac88b_b.jpg

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
My initial party was destroyed.

Human Sage
Barrower Metalsmith
Feyfolk Wizard
Rhattu Thief
Aeorb Necromancer
Wolfin Cleric
Saurian Beserker
Durendil Bard

Any tips for party creation? I want to steamroll through the game.

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 14 hours ago
The manual is just being formatted correctly, will release very shortly. Had some problems when converting it to .PDF that the graphics were messed up for printing. Want to make it suitable for A4 output, not just for the players but also for the IndieGoGo donations when I print off their manuals.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 4 hours ago
When Spellcasters get enough speed they begin to act faster than fighters in many circumstances.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 3 hours ago
It takes longer to prepare a spell than it does to attack, but on some rounds you will notice a spellcaster even at lower speeds will get a spell off before a monster does. At higher speeds, many times the spellcaster will succeed first.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
[developer] 1 hour ago
There is no turn step setting any more, only a move setting and the animation runs from single step to very smooth. Are you sure you have version 2.0? You should not see a step setting for turns at all in configuration menu.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Likely the manual will be a separate download on Steam for the time being as a prominent link on the store front page but possible it will be included in other installations later and launched from a menu entry.

I plan to register all Steam purchases when Grimoire goes to GOG under Steam Connect so all purchases will transfer to GOG accounts.

Berserkers with very low berserking skill will often attack your own party. Berserking helps Berserkers to learn how to berserk better but at low levels, they can be a bigger problem than the monsters.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
To every Sap and Thal on this thread: I take the opportunity to wish everyone and their families a merry Xmas and a 2019 full of Peace, Health, Happiness, RPG Incline and Grimoire on GOG!
שלום לכל

manitou-incline-christmas-120915-8585-text.jpg

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Another patch is live:
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 4 hours ago

When selecting an item, if backed out with escape in ITEM WORKSHOP after merge it was throwing an assert deliberately upon finding empty item slot. Fixed.

2.0.0.3 applied to solve this problem is live now.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The new inventory/stash screen is great. But uh... There still is no way to see the stats of the equipped items on this screen?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom