Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire Version 2 is actually out

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Golden Era Games; Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

As you may know, Cleve Blakemore has been promising a new and improved Grimoire V2 since almost the day of the game's release back in 2017. For the longest time it seemed like vaporware, but since August's wishlist drive things have been warming up. For the last three months, Cleve has published V2 development updates on Grimoire's Steam page at a regular pace. And it looks pretty great! There are going to be new areas, balance updates of course, and even minigames. Oh, and somewhere along the way the game's price was reduced to $20, even though it never did reach the requisite 50,000 wishlists. But even with all that activity, it was still quite a surprise when Cleve actually released the new version today. Here's his announcement post:

Version 2 of Grimoire is now live on the Steam Store with a 50% sale through to the New Year! The most incredible old fashioned computer roleplaying game just got a little more awesome!

CURRENT WISHLISTS # : 39,812 (combined)

Huge amounts of tweaks, fixes, adjustments and new content is found in this version, including the crafting workshop and all the item enhancements!

You can see all the items in your inventory, sort them on a variety of attributes like type and value, assay them, poison them, forge them, enchant them and merge them into new items! There is now a forge, alchemy bench, shrine and hearth in the game where different classes acquire various crafting arts they can apply to items to modify them or greatly improve them in combat!

The manual is being output to .PDF shortly and will be made available on the store from the main page freely so it can be examined by players who have not yet purchased the game to get a good feel for the mechanics. It is extremely extensive and explains all facets of gameplay with detailed explanations of all modes including combat, NPC interaction, character creation, level up, character review and the many mini interfaces like lockpicking and door forcing. It is suitable for printing and formatted for A4 output.

Beginning a new game from the classic game start will reveal new monster graphics and additional features have been added to the original maps. None of this should affect existing save games but players who have completed these areas may not see some of the new events. This will not affect the new regions at all which constitute brand new areas in the game.
How long has it been, 16 months of development? In Neanderthal years, that's almost nothing! It's another pleasant treat for Christmas. Grimoire is currently on sale with a 50% discount thanks to the Steam winter sale, so there's no excuse not to get it now.

Luka-boy

Arcane
The end of 2018 keeps getting even better.
cleve_cheersj6de8.gif

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just what I wanted for Christmas, the Neanderthal love comes through when we need it the most... this merits a full on playthrough
Mr Blakemore, when can we expect the GOG release so I can buy a whole bunch of presents?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I've been playing the game as I recently bought it, and the game seems fine. I have zero issues with it. Hopefully there aren't any noticeable bugs later on though. :D

LootSeeker

Educated
Just in time for Christmas.

Grimoire V.2 > official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle

thanks Cleve.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I am considering an opening discount. It is highly recommended by Steam. After that, it will go to full price and stay there for the next 8 years.

+M

Time warps and bends around the enormous bone density of the thal like an overcooked noodle. A short development cycle stretches out to 23 years while suddently, 8 years shrink down to merely a few months.

Anyways. I said ill buy the game when V2 and the manual is out, so thats what i just did. Now lets see how it holds up to the expectations.

Outmind

Augur
I'm on the fence about buying it. Would you guys reckon it's a good time to pick Grimoire up?

The 9€ price tag is mighty enticing, especially since Cleve explicitly said the game would never cost less than $40. Yet here we are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom