Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-holiday-hoarders/

HITMAN 2 – Holiday Hoarders

This holiday season, we’re bringing the Holiday Hoarders mission into HITMAN 2 – and making sure that all players can access it by making the Paris Legacy location free to download for a limited time, from December 18 to January 8.

If you already own HITMAN 2, you’ll be able to play Holiday Hoarders immediately after downloading the December Update. If you’re a new player, look for “HITMAN 2 – Holiday Hoarders” in the store at 2pm UTC on consoles or 6pm UTC on PC.

Holiday Hoarders adds a festive feeling to the Paris Legacy location by adding snow cannons, decorations and presents that can be unwrapped. Your objective is to eliminate two thieves who have managed to gain entrance to the Sanguine Fashion Show and are stealing various items. We’ve also included some brand new items this year, including Explosive Snowballs and Holiday Shuriken, which are guaranteed to spread the holiday cheer!

The ‘Secret Santa’ Challenge Pack will allow you to unlock the glorious Santa 47 suit as a permanent addition to your inventory – but you’ll need to complete all of the challenges to get it!

HITMAN2_HolidayHoarders_02-1024x576.jpg

Holiday Hoarders is a seasonal event and will be available in HITMAN 2 for a limited time, starting on December 18 until January 8. The mission will be removed from the game at that point but the Santa 47 suit will be permanently available for anyone who unlocked it.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Men,

I bought this game at the flee market for $1 (what a steal, right?) since all the prestigious codex peeps said it is p. gud.

However, I can't get all the features and exclusive contracts and dlc maps other cool stuff to enable.

HELP! What am I doing wrong?

I am NOT a pirate, here's a picture of prestigious thread with my CD.

hm2.gif

Zep--

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Men,

I bought this game at the flee market for $1 (what a steal, right?) since all the prestigious codex peeps said it is p. gud.

However, I can't get all the features and exclusive contracts and dlc maps other cool stuff to enable.

View attachment 10184

Zep--
You won't be disappointed.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Men,

View attachment 10184

Zep--

Congratulations you bought a good Hitman game.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Men,

View attachment 10184

Zep--
:thumbsup:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
if you have hitman 1, but don't have patient zero pack, it is currently cheaper to buy the Patient Zero DLC from hitman 1 store page, instead of buying the legacy upgrade pack from hitman 2 store page.

https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/236870/ < is discounted 73% which bring the price below 5 dollars for me

https://store.steampowered.com/app/960832/HITMAN__GOTY_Legacy_Pack_Upgrade/ < not discounted so the price is about 10 dollars for me.

edit: overall, if you dont have season 1, it is cheaper than legacy pack.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I don't get it, I bought this Hitman 2, but all I've unlocked is one mission and a cut scene and I need to buy all the other missions individually or someshit?

I deliberately didn't buy the full gold, just the standard.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
I don't get it, I bought this Hitman 2, but all I've unlocked is one mission and a cut scene and I need to buy all the other missions individually or someshit?

I deliberately didn't buy the full gold, just the standard.
The menu is a bit confusing if you don't own both seasons. The map you're talking about is Christmas Paris which is free to play at the moment, go to Campaign -> Story Hitman 2 to access the maps you just got. Or Destinations -> Hawke's Bay to Himmelstein.

If you want season 1's maps, buy either HITMAN™ - Game of The Year Edition (seperate entry in Steam library) or HITMAN™ - GOTY Legacy Pack and Legacy Pack Upgrade (DLC for Hitman 2). DON'T BUY LEGACY PACK UPGRADE ALONE, it only gives Patient Zero bonus episode. Confusing, I know.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
The menu is a bit confusing if you don't own both seasons. The map you're talking about is Christmas Paris which is free to play at the moment, go to Campaign -> Story Hitman 2 to access the maps you just got. Or Destinations -> Hawke's Bay to Himmelstein.

If you want season 1's maps, buy either HITMAN™ - Game of The Year Edition (seperate entry in Steam library) or HITMAN™ - GOTY Legacy Pack and Legacy Pack Upgrade (DLC for Hitman 2). DON'T BUY LEGACY PACK UPGRADE ALONE, it only gives Patient Zero bonus episode. Confusing, I know.
So far, after my $50 purchase all I see is Hawke's Bay - which I've done for now. And that's it. Everything else is "GET ACCESS", "GET ACCESS".

You're telling me $50 only gets you one beach map? And yet for free I got TWO whole maps as ICA training missions?

I don't get it, where's the rest of the content that my $50 got me? Yay for time limited holiday maps I guess?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron

So far, after my $50 purchase all I see is Hawke's Bay - which I've done for now. And that's it. Everything else is "GET ACCESS", "GET ACCESS".

You're telling me $50 only gets you one beach map? And yet for free I got TWO whole maps as ICA training missions?

I don't get it, where's the rest of the content that my $50 got me? Yay for time limited holiday maps I guess?
uuuuuh, you're supposed to get 6 maps: Hawke's Bay, Miami, Mumbai, Santa Fortuna, Whittleton Creek, Isle of Sgail and a bonus sniper assassin map Himmelstein.
Have you installed these under DLC tab?
A3zVAlx.png

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
uuuuuh, you're supposed to get 6 maps: Hawke's Bay, Miami, Mumbai, Santa Fortuna, Whittleton Creek, Isle of Sgail and a bonus sniper assassin map Himmelstein.
Have you installed these under DLC tab?
A3zVAlx.png
Why the fuck would standard content be listed as DLCs to be installed separately? Dafuq is this bullshit.

Oh and fuck you for triggering a 57 GB "update".

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Why the fuck would standard content be listed as DLCs to be installed separately? Dafuq is this bullshit.
They aren't, they should be installing automatically and all boxes should be ticked. Steam is just a bit fucky right now, I guess.
It's probably because the game was originally designed to be episodic like the one before it.

Also, I think this one has the same demo mechanic as the previous one, where you can download the tutorial missions and play with them to see if you like the game.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Why can't we still replay elusive targets indefinitely? Just make the score you get when you complete one permanent but at least allow people to replay the missions and fuck around with them more.

mck

Cipher
Picked it up in the steam sales, now I'm wondering if I have to install both Hitman 1 as well as Hitman 2 to play all the missions?

you only need hitman 2 installed. Uncheck and re-check all of the boxes under the DLC section and it should start downloading a giant update.

Beggar

Cipher
Is it possible to turn off that annoying batman vision and other flashing shit on the screen?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Is it possible to turn off that annoying batman vision and other flashing shit on the screen?
I have no clue what you mean by "flashing shit on the screen" as the UI is very clean in my opinion, but yes you can turn off everything in the UI.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom