Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
^^^they are posted in this topic on steam discussion pages - https://steamcommunity.com/app/552620/discussions/1/1489992713697545525/?ctp=2
EN

Hello, friends!
This night we're adding another hotfix with various things you asked of us on the Steam forums! Here is an incomplete log of changes:

------

- Better brightness in item highlight mode
- First step into helping out players with old ATI hardware.
- Fixes for the car part 2
- Exit zone in Mycelium bunker
- Karina won't get stuck in car during elections
- No more problems with VIL-a
- Streletski, Guvner, Lawman and General Secretary quests fixed

We are also testing new improvements about aimed shots and random encounters. That will contains in 1.06 version.
Thank you for sticking with us! Will be very happy to hear about your experience with the new features! Have a great week. Atom team

Ein Axt

Educated
Thanks.

So how do survival skill work? Do I only need to raise mine or do I need to raise my companion's as well?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Thanks.

So how do survival skill work? Do I only need to raise mine or do I need to raise my companion's as well?

I don't know for certain but it seems to me to be similar to the outdoorsman skill in FO or WL2, in which case only one person would need to pump it. But I don't know for certain and I haven't even gotten a companion yet so take that with a grain of salt.

Stakhanov

Augur
Thanks.

I didn't notice any changes to my survival checks when increasing the survival skills of followers. Take them as pack mules and cannon fodder. I think only lockpicking seems to be working properly for the NPCs. As far as survival skill itself, it impacts your ability to flee random encounters and the types of encounters you can get.
A survival skill of 60 is needed to recruit the doggo.

Quillon

Arcane
Are crafting items to be used in some situations, environmental interactions etc? Or are they just for crafting? Hate carrying crap around.

In other news; blew some dude's head off with an aimed shot, noice anims, very satisfying indeed :D

Quillon

Arcane
Using right click for cam rotation is good enough, tho cam should follow the player instead of using WASD all the time.

In other news: Got the wolfhound-meat!
yes.png

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Honest question, why does even unarmed exist? anyone found a weapon better than the svinchatka?

Go either with machine guns or riffles comrade I found iron brass-knuckles just before getting my first AK so...

You can craft revolver with 1 AP shot with perks and decent damage but you neeed to invest to much SPs and perks to make it.

zapotec

Liturgist
I wish the mouse binding was like this:

Left mouse button: select
Middle mouse button: press for rotating camera
Right mouse button: Contextual menu

:(

filpan

Scholar
Maybe I am blind but:

How the fuck do I get to companion's (Fidel's) character screen? I also got a note that he leveled up but I CANNOT find his character screen.

Quillon

Arcane
Maybe I am blind but:

How the fuck do I get to companion's (Fidel's) character screen? I also got a note that he leveled up but I CANNOT find his character screen.

"Next teammate." button above "Ability tree" button.

And now I found out the dog also has ability tree :D

Technomancer

Liturgist
RIP my minmax
You can minmax sniper build like crazy.

Mainly because it is possible to wield any weapon without STR thanks to this perk:
GVFuiF8.png
You will need to level the machinegun branch sacrificing valuable early points for it but aside from the first one you will still benefit from the perks. No penalty for point blank is situationally useful for snipers (enemies sometimes spawn too close in encounters) and focus on the target is useful for burst rifles.

can you suggest good minmax for sniper?
co5uu82.jpg
Maybe not good but certainly powerful...eventually. You can get 3 stat boosters and +1 luck so you will end up with 11 Attention and 11 Luck. You can get +1 one str helmet or early access hat.

The build comes to full power on 24 level but getting there is not that easy.
vHYUPmG.png
You will end up doing +70% more damage to critters, more powerful crits with the capability to deliver them. If you are a minmax masochist you can dump STR to 1 but with the penalty from hunter trait your carry weight will suffer way too much and you will need to get the backpack asap (buyout techie and loot the safe). You will not get many points for skills and you will likely suck in combat until you level up. Dumping CHA also means you will miss some quests and content. If you are aiming to join the death squads though you will not need CHA...

Shaki

Arbiter
Too much Dex. Not enough Str and Attention. To be able to fire probably the best sniper rifle (VVE) once per round you'll need 6 AP for aimed shot and 7 AP for burst (yeah, it bursts). So 2 or 4 Dex and it requires 8 STR. Maybe past mountain pass there are better rifles, but I haven't found any yet. You also want Crits on a sniper as a lot of rifles add to crit chance. So get more Luck.
Rifle is in the second bunker. There are also at least 3 stat increases in the game. +1 Luck and twice +1 to any stat.

It seems you would want to do more then shoot per round no?
RIP my minmax
You can minmax sniper build like crazy.

Mainly because it is possible to wield any weapon without STR thanks to this perk:
GVFuiF8.png
You will need to level the machinegun branch sacrificing valuable early points for it but aside from the first one you will still benefit from the perks. No penalty for point blank is situationally useful for snipers (enemies sometimes spawn too close in encounters) and focus on the target is useful for burst rifles.

can you suggest good minmax for sniper?
co5uu82.jpg
Maybe not good but certainly powerful...eventually. You can get 3 stat boosters and +1 luck so you will end up with 11 Attention and 11 Luck. You can get +1 one str helmet or early access hat.

The build comes to full power on 24 level but getting there is not that easy.
vHYUPmG.png
You will end up doing +70% more damage to critters, more powerful crits with the capability to deliver them. If you are a minmax masochist you can dump STR to 1 but with the penalty from hunter trait your carry weight will suffer way too much and you will need to get the backpack asap (buyout techie and loot the safe). You will not get many points for skills and you will likely suck in combat until you level up. Dumping CHA also means you will miss some quests and content. If you are aiming to join the death squads though you will not need CHA...

Shit, I had no idea the no strength req perk worked for weapons other than automatic rifles -_- I invested into pistols at my first char, and noticed that faster reload perk only works for pistols/smgs even tho description says "firearms" (just like with the strength req perk), so I thought that perks from different weapon trees only work for that specific weapon. FFS

Ein Axt

Educated
So after finishing the bunkers at the mountains and the dead city, what next? Seems like I need to fight those utterly ridiculous soldiers down at the mushroom cult bunker? There's about 7 of them and I can't survive the first turn. A single soldier does like 40-60 damage to me. I have bullet proof vest and protection from the shield. Am I doing it wrong?

There's nowhere else to go..

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Anyone else annoyed by the perk system? It should have been 1 perk per level or two,not some point bullshit when you just get 2 points per level. Later on you just end up having to gain 5 levels so you could get a perk.

Technomancer

Liturgist
faster reload perk only works for pistols/smgs even tho description says "firearms" (just like with the strength req perk), so I thought that perks from different weapon trees only work for that specific weapon.
Honestly I'm not 100% sure that str perk works for any weapon but if not that should be flagged as bug. The perk is a bit OP, there is a similar trait in new vegas that lessens the str requirement for weapons but it doesn't nulify it completely.

Dodo1610

Arcane
So after playing Atom for more than 15h I can say that this is the my new favorite classic Fallout game. i know I am committing heresy here but for some reason i have more fun with this game then i ever had with F1 or F2. It's probably because I only played then over ten years after their release but still.

I love how the game world feels connected and quests often make you travel between towns. I adore the atmosphere with it's creepy soundscapes and disturbing characters. I like how almost every encounter in the game can be avoided with skill checks. Unlike most RPGs towns aren't static places, with the day and night cycle + new characters coming to town when you revisit. One off the best things i think is the player dialogue, you have so many options that you will always find something that fits to your character.

The big issue I have with this game is the questionable balancing: Why does a SMG cost as much AP as firing an assault rifle. In my opinion the developers should buff the pistols to make them better. Also the exp rewards and rubel rewards feel random. The encounters range from too easy to nearly impossible. They should also buff the Lone wolf trait, to make solo runs more enjoyable. And for the love of god let me see the hotkeys ingame.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Hey guys, Atomboy here. Things have been tough since we realized that nobody likes our aimed shots. But we are almost, almost out with a double-feature hotfix: Keybinding & Better Aimed Shot. Coming soon! I also constantly read through this thread when I have some free time, but you manage to answer the questions yourself! So there's really not enough to add! Maybe you have something for me?

'X' is the take all button, it's not mentioned in the shortcuts guide
That must have been added by someone for personal convenience, because I never even heard of that function! But I think it should stay :D

bataille 's posts combined with the persistent feel-good vibes in this thread have finally led me to purchase a copy of this game, a copy I have no real possibility of actually playing any time soon. Still, even though they are Russians and can presumably survive on existential angst alone, I am fine with helping Atomboy and crew earn some money for their effort.

Thank you!

So, should we add ATOM to the Steam Codex Curator?

What are the most important aspects of the game that should be mentioned in the 200 character description?
If this is still needed, we always write generic thingies like "Atom RPG is a turn-based post-apocalyptic role-playing game set in the Soviet Wasteland".

You can heal companions while resting. No need to consume anything. Although you'll need food for yourself in order to be able to rest.
So, still no way to heal companions by eating and cooking food? Only stims and medkits work for now, correct?
Take food in hand, use on followers. Though its probably more econ friendly to just eat it and rest.
Cooked can gives 1000? or 800 satiation and lasts for 10 or 8 hours. Resting heals 2 HP per hour for Fidel.
Well, here, I'd actually ask for your opinions. Turned out a lot of folks hate that you can't feed your men at the bonfire. If you could, would you let them eat with you and gain HP as you do? That always seemed too easy to be in the game, but nowadays, I don't even know!

Played a bit.

A suggestion; make Q and E turn the cam instantly 30 or 45 degrees since there is also right-mouse for fine tuning. It's too tedious atm.

Also a follow cam would make so much sense here, managing just 1 dude around :P

Simple QoL stuff plx.
You can use the HOME key to make the camera follow!
How to treat hangover? Nobody at the hospital in the city doesnt seem to treat it, only radiation, toxic n shit.

In Poland we have a saying: cure yourself with the same thing that got you ill.

Hence, drink more.
That's actually how it works for drug addiction in the game :D

One more question:
So we dont not get to chose additional perks throughout the game, only 2 perks when creating the character? I thought we would get additional perks at every 5 levels.
Perks you get two, but abilities you get all the time, until you'll need like 10 levels to get one.

Isn't Pistol and Submachineguns viable until the end game? :(
Worked for me! But I had Fidel and the dog. Currently reading about other player' experience to find out what to upgrade.

Can anyone give me a hint where to find Artemyev after the whole fiasco with
the ambush on Kovalyov? I really want to take that UAZ.
Sorry I'm so late - you can ask the inn keep!
Atomboy Small bug I encountered: If you encounter a caravan truck and drive to a settlement where you parked you car, and then leave that settlement with your car, you will appear on the world map where you encountered the caravan, not the settlement.

Sent to the bug squad yesterday! Hopefully gonna be in next hotfix

As far as I know, there are only three melee weapons stronger than quality knives.
The first time I saw a Soviet knife was around character level 8 or 9 at the weapon dealer in KRS for 1.8k. The second strongest (Taiga machete) is nowhere to be seen yet. The strongest (Druzhba chainsaw) is possibly tied to a particular quest involving a stolen Lenin's statue, but I haven't completed it yet to verify.
Sadly, melee builds don't seem to be viable past hunting small critters. Not without some perks for free movement (of which there are none). You really need to kill at least one enemy a turn or you're pretty much dead. Better start getting ready to tote a gat, heh.
We're currently playing with the idea of a free movement perk. Maybe it will see the light of day after NY. But the chainsaw should also do the trick! You're right about it having to do with the Lenin guy. It's pretty strong. We initially pictured as something a chatty character might use in a tight spot, or while hiding behind walls and other kinds of cover.

Is meat roaster Ahverdiev advising me to gun down hipsters with Pynchon's Crying lot tattoos? Because you can bet your ass I will.
Yes he does. But you're probably already working for them.

bataille

Arcane
Atomboy But the innkeper told me that he didn't know where the guy went...
I'll to talk to him again, thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom